3. Warrior

Kelsey's POV:

Being only nineteen and having lost both of my parents is something I never thought would happen to me. My dad passed away only a couple of years ago because of a tragic car accident, but now my mother is gone too - and in the worst way possible. She lost to cancer, something that I have always hated and grown to hate it even more now.

My mom was such a strong person. When my father died, instead of locking herself in the room and becoming depressed about it, she kept herself busy. She worked, cleaned, cooked, and looked after me. She had kept herself together, for my sake. When my dad died, I became her number one priority. To me, she was a hero. She was the most loyal, hardworking, honest, and beautiful person I had ever met in my entire life. And now, she was gone.

The pain was unbearable. It was eating me up alive, and I had the urge to cry all over again. I had been crying nonstop since I found her lifeless body on the bed, and just the fresh memory of it made the tears want to fall out all over again. But I knew that I had to be strong for her. For Mom's sake, I had to keep myself together and not lose it. She would definitely not want to see me this way.

"You okay?" The familiar deep voice asks.

I suck in a breath as I turn around, my blue eyes meeting concerned green ones. Even Harry was worried about me. I didn't think he would be, but I can actually see the geunine concern lacing his jade green eyes. It was almost endearing.

I shake my head to his question, the tears pooling up as I look up at him. "I'll never be okay," I spoke softly. "But I guess I'll get there, one way or another."

Harry sighs as he looks down at me. "I know everyone says this, but your mum is in a better place," Harry says. "When she was here, she was in pain, and I know you don't want to hear that but it's true. She was lying in bed as her body tried to fight off that cancer that was inside of her. She was hurting, Kelsey, hurting like none of us would be able to understand. But now she's perfectly fine. She may have... Passed away... But the pain isn't there anymore. She's peacefully resting, and she'll be watching down on you."

My brain soaked in Harry's wise words. He was right. When Mum was sick in bed, minutes away from dying, she was feeling such a pain that not any of us could understand. Her body grew weak as she tried to fend off the disease, but the pain was too much for her. And now that she's gone, she's alright. She's at peace.

And then, Harry adds, "She died a warrior."

A quiet sob escaped my lips at that, my hand reaching up as I wiped away the stupid tears that once again fell. I sniffled, looking up at Harry who was offering me a small smile. Standing on my tippy toes, I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, letting my lips linger there.

"Thank you," I whisper against his cheek, before leaning down and walking away. I really needed to hear that, and thanks to Harry, I feel a bit better now.

*~*~*~*~*
"Are you ready?" Harry asks me as I sigh and nod.

"Yeah," I say. "When's the flight?"

Harry checks the Rolex watch on his left wrist. "In an hour," he says. "But we should get going now to avoid traffic."

I nod, biting my bottom lip. Today was the big day. Mom's funeral was two days ago, and it was full of tears. It was me saying goodbye to my mother, so yeah, I cried. Logan was there too, and he finally got to meet Harry, and I don't think they were too fond of each other. And those thoughts were confirmed yesterday when Logan stopped by to say goodbye.

*Flashback*

"I'll miss you, Kels," Logan says as his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me in for a hug.

I hug him back, my own arms around his neck as my head rests on his shoulder. "I'll miss you too, L," I reply. "I'll text and call you whenever I can."

When Logan and I pulled away, I caught sight of the curly haired boy. "Kelsey, you need to finish packing," Harry tells me.

"Hold on, man, we're just saying our goodbyes," Logan says somewhat harshly, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

Harry's eyes narrow as he glares at Logan, and I bite my bottom lip as I look at Harry. "I'll be up soon," I tell him with a small smile.

Harry looks at me, and I can tell his face relaxes as he nods, before turning and walking up the stairs. When I look back at Logan, he's glaring after the stairs of which Harry just climbed.

"I don't like him," he bluntly says.

I raise an eyebrow. "Why?" I ask.

Logan shrugs, looking back at me. "Just because."

"That's not a valid reason, Logan," I roll my eyes. "And besides, I'm not asking you to like him. Just... Respect him."

"Respect him?" Logan scoffs, looking down at me. "What happened to calling him an asshole?"

I bite my bottom lip. "That was before I realized how sweet he is," I tell him. "Just be nice to him, please. He's a really nice guy."

Logan rolls his eyes. "Kelsey, do you hear yourself? You were hating on the guy just a few days ago. What happened to that?"

I let out a sigh. "He's my husband, Logan. I'm going to have to get used to having him around at one point or another. He helped me with my mom passing, L. Just give him a chance."

"Whatever," he huffs.

I run a hand through my short hair. "Come on. I don't want to leave Florida with having you being upset. Smile! For me."

Logan chuckles, shaking his head. "I'll see you soon, Kels," he says, pulling me in for another hug.

I smile, hugging my best friend back for the last time. "See you, Logan."

*End of flashback*

Now it was time for me to say goodbye to Miami. My friends was basically the only thing I was leaving, since I have no family left. Personally, I think a new start would do me some good. I can start a new life, meet new people. My mom would want that for me, I know she would.

"Come on, Kelsey," Harry's voice cuts me out of my thoughts as I look at him. "We should get going."

I bite my bottom lip, nodding as I look at the house. The house where I grew up in. The house where every single important memory of mine was made. The house where I found my mother's body, lifeless and dead. The house that's now just going to be a memory.

I let out a sigh, looking at Harry as I give him a slight nod. "Let's go."