Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True

Mulai dari awal

I looked over to see Vie had her face in her hands shaking her head. I frowned did she not want to kiss me? I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Hey...hey there...he was just messing. Remember ,I told you. Quil's just a clown, ignore him." I tried to soothe her. She got up and draped her towel over her shoulders.

"I'm sorry." I heard her mumble. I stood up, too.

"Sorry? For what? You, you didn't do anything...it was my entire fault I was so stupid...." I told her. "Great going Jacob of course she doesn't like you. Why would she like me anyways she's too pretty and out of your league." I said unaware that I was thinking out loud. I heard her gasp. I looked to see if she was hurt. She was looking at me wide eyed. "I said that out loud, didn't I?" I asked. Still in her shocked state, she nodded her head. I sighed, frustrated. "Look I'm really, really sorry I get it if you regret the kiss. I'll tell the guys to lay off and..." She shut me up with her lips. It was just a peck, but it got the job done. She had a tint of pink on her cheeks and a small smile.

"You-you think I'm beautiful?" She asked. I nodded. She kissed my lips in a short sweet innocent kiss. "I think your beautiful, too, Jacob Black." I smiled.

"So...does this mean.... I mean I know it's only been a few days, but I really like you and.." she shut me up again this time with her delicate finger as it grazed over my skin.

"I can't be your girlfriend.." I hung my head. 'Figures'. "Because....." My head snapped up, what was her excuse. "You haven't asked me yet." she said smiling. I did too.

"Um...oh...well...Will you?....Be my girlfriend that it?" I asked. She nodded and took a hold of my large hand into her tiny porcelain hands.

"I would love to, Mister Black." She said smiling. I grinned and pecked her lips.

"Hey, love birds!" We turned to see the guys shouting at us. "Time to go! Emily called. She wants to see Violet!" shouted Paul. I looked at Vie and motioned to the guys with my head. She nodded. I guess she had gotten along well with Emily. We walked hand in hand towards my car.We heard the guys run up next to us.

"SO...you guys together, together?" asked Embry. I looked down at Vie she nodded happily. I smiled and nodded. I heard Paul, Seth and Embry mumble 'lucky' and I smirked. Quil patted my back mumbling 'way to go!' I grinned.

*Vie's POV*

We were together. I was so ecstatic! Sure, it was all a little rushed, but I couldn't help it. All my life, out of all the years of being alive, I hadn't really lived. Now I was and I was having an amazing time. Maybe all I needed in life was a gorgeous, teenage, shape shifting boyfriend. As for the age, you know what they say, age is just a number, right? Anyways, in a way I am still 16. In appearance anyways. Besides Jacob could pull off being 20 and I heard that his kind doesn't age either. Well not until they stop shifting. It didn't matter though. None of our dark secrets mattered, for now, at least. I would make the most of what little human life I could get. Edward went and got himself a human girlfriend. He's in love with his prey. So why couldn't I go and get me a rival boyfriend?

We made our way to Emily's. The car ride was interesting enough. The boys squished and bickering in the back seat. While me and Jacob were stationed in the front of the vehicle holding hands. I was smiling the whole way and I would catch Jake staring at me. I would scold him saying to watch the road and we'd just smile at each other. I felt like I was glowing. Is this what the others felt like when they stood in the sun. To glow in a florescent rainbow of colors and scents. I loved the feeling I got when near him. It was like we were being drawn, pulled, towards each other.

When the ride ended, I couldn't help be a little disappointed when we had to let go. Jake got out of the car as the others made their way towards the cozy home. I was about to open my door when Jake beat me to it. I smiled as he took my hand again. This time he pulled me into him, and proceeded to wrap his arms around my waist from behind. I smiled as he pecked my cheek one more time before he opened the door and gestured me in. I smiled. All the guys were grinning at us and Emily was smiling. It honestly looked like she was about to cry. She ran over to hug Jacob.