Chapter Thirty-Eight

I struggled against the arms that held me but it was no use. "Help!" I screamed, but I already had a feeling we were far from wherever we were last. 

I felt the air under my feet move quickly and I began to get worried. Could this be Lucious? Or was this someone else? Another vampire, maybe one that's even apart of The Fallings. I felt my heart drop into my stomach and I became extremely worried. Damion is going to be so pissed at me once he knows I'm not at the apartment, little did he know I had actually been kidnapped....again, for fucks sake. I then was extremely irritated, and I felt that extreme blast of energy fill me, like when the spell from Raven was performed. 

I felt energy being drawn from my surrounding and soon I knew I was getting hotter, my whole body was heating up. And soon hands were pulling back, screams of pain filling whatever air I filled. I opened my eyes and didn't know where I was, we were in a building of some sort, and I saw that almost every inch of my skin was tinted red with heat. I didn't feel the energy go away and I knew I could use this to my advantage. I stuck my hand out at the nearest guy, but nothing happened.

The energy was still there, but how do I shoot like flaming balls of fire at him again? I guess I missed that class of Vampires 101 in college last year. The guy darted at me and tackled me to the ground. I shoved him off with all my strength. I stood back up, feeling my energy waver. No, no, no, not now, I kind of need you, right now! And I suddenly felt another throw of energy my way and I saw my hands get hotter. "Go"  I thought and I felt energy shoot from my hands.

I was then out of control. I felt my entire body got hotter and fire flamed in my hands. Some of the guys back away, but the pale blonde stayed in place. I turned to him and I felt my hands and energy reach out to him. Suddenly it felt as though my energy draining, I fought to keep it, but it was no use. I then knew what I had to do. I ran up to him and he didn't move, he obviously wasn't afraid. I put my hand on his arm and I felt all my energy shoot back into me.

His eyes widened in surprise and I knew this was my chance to attack. I shoved him, my hands on fire, and he shot back, two guys ran to me worried, attacking me, I guess the blonde was their leader. I was pinned to the ground and energy was just drained, it felt like too much to breath. And everything went black. 

When I opened my eyes I saw I was on the cold hard ground. I sat up quickly, looking around me. I was in a jail cell, or that's what it looked like anyway. Before I could move any farther, the pale blonde was in there with me, sitting down on the ground. "You're Lucious aren't you?" I asked.

The blonde snapped up, a grin on his face, which sent chills down my spine. "Yes, and you must be my brother's mate," Lucious said, his cold eyes searching mine.

"I am, I would actually be more comfortable finding Damion now," I said edging towards the door slowly.

"I believe you're smart, you must know I'm not going to let you go. I would actually feel more comfortable if Damion came here to find you instead. I believe I need to talk to my brother," Lucious said, a weird look in his eyes. 

"Did you find your mate?"

His whole body twitched, his left eye continuing to. "What?" he said, trying to stay polite. 

"That's the whole reason you decided to stop killing The Fallings, correct? You were hoping to find your mate," I said, taking this as a chance to know as much as possible, so when I escaped I could tell Damion. 

Lucious froze, not breathing, not moving. "Yes, but no I have not found her," Lucious said, and I could tell I was getting to him, touchy subject I guess.

"Well one thing you obviously don't understand yet, is that being away from your mate is extremely uncomfortable, and that's why I need to go find him," I said, and as I said it I had noticed my stomach was doing flips, I knew Damion was freaking out.

Lucious thought for a moment. "That sucks," Lucious said before disappearing. 

I screamed, punching the wall. The feeling in my stomach was growing worse and I hated Lucious for not letting me go. I then saw the dent I left in the wall and I rolled my eyes. I went over to the iron bars and put my hands on them, only to have an electric shock go through my body, and I was shot back on my feet. 

Enchantment? Was this a type of spell put on the bars to keep me in? Like an electrical fence? Great. 

How was I supposed to get to Damion now?