Chapter Twenty-Nine

In only a few seconds I dropped the heart, tears flowing from my cheeks, but I refused to feel for her, she had killed, the Kat I knew, had already died. I counted to three, my tears stopped, and I was focused once more. I blurred over to Damion, where Fredrick was kneeling. "Damion?" I asked, my heart dropping into my stomach. 

"He's okay, just a shoulder wound," Fredrick said ripping the piece out of his shoulder, Damion gritting his teeth and watching.

"I should be healed in a few seconds, don't worry about me," Damion said slowly standing. 

I looked down at Kat. Damion looked too. His arms were quickly around me, turning me away. "I'm so sorry," he murmured in my ear. 

"Lets just go," I said wiping the tears from my cheeks and quickly walking out of his arms, even though it've been better if I stayed.

I burst through the door once more, Hana giving me a wide eyed look, Jay's eyes bulging, he was crawled away from Hana. "I had to," she said as I saw the blood all over Hana's mouth and Ray's neck.

My heart plummeted. "What did you do!?" I screeched, stomping my way towards her. 

Damion held me back, but I fought against him, Hana had killed Ray, he was pale as a ghost. "His heart stopped, from loss of blood, I tried to stop the bleeding, but his arms were cut diagonally, so, so, I did the only thing I could," Hana stammered, fear in her eyes. 

My heart picked back up, he would come back, but a vampire. What was I supposed to tell him. I then looked to Jay. He had just seen a blonde girl gnaw at his brother's throat, what was I supposed to tell him? "What am I going to do?" I said falling to my knees, roughly running my hands through my hair. 

Damion slowly walked over to Jay, trying to not scare him. "Look we're going to explain everything to you, okay?" Damion said edging closer. 

Jay jumped to his feet. "To hell you won't, you're not coming anywhere near me, are all of you monsters? Like her!?" Jay said throwing his hands in the air, careful not to be any slightly closer to Damion.

"We're not monsters," I then said standing, a new kind of rush filling through me. 

Jay looked to me, his eyes full of loss, I didn't know whether it was because of his brother or not, though he looked like he just lost his hope of a future. "Then what are you?" he said so quietly I almost didn't hear him. 

I looked him in the eyes and felt confidence fill me. "We're vampires."

After Jay had freaked the fuck out, and then passed out for some ungodly reason, we headed back to the castle, feeling quite accomplished. I lost my best friend, but it wasn't today, it was the day Roman came and brought the inner evil out of her. "So what now?" I asked as the castle dawned upon the horizon, the sun beginning to rise. 

"We look for Roman, he's still out there," Damion said, draping his arm across my shoulders. 

Chase and Jack held Ray and Jay over their shoulders. "A lot has gone to hell in the periodic time of a month," I sighed, thinking it had gone to fast, because it had.

"Well we still got a lot coming, once my parent's rule is over, then we'll rule, then again that's a whole new hell waiting to happen," Damion sighed, obviously not excited.

"Good thing we got a lot of time to prepare," I said smiling up at him.

"Yeah," he said smiling down at me.

He leaned down and gave me a quick kiss before pressing his lips to my ear. 

"We've got an entire Eternity."

Hey guys sorry for short chapters, I'll hopefully get them to be about one thousand words like I usually try to, thanks for reading, I really appreciate it, have a nice day! :)