Chapter Twenty-Six

As the faze of shadows rolled off my eyes, I saw that I was in Damion and I's room. I sat up and looked around. My head still felt dizzy. I wondered where Elodie was. I then hopped out of bed and headed toward the door. I poked me head out, looking both ways. "Damion?" I called out, feeling through our connection he was at least on the other side of the castle. 

No one roamed the halls, no one anywhere to be seen. I starting following the pull I felt towards Damion, going past the ball room, the door to the garden, the dining hall. Finally I felt him nearby. "Damion?" I called out, not really sure to go. 

"Eternity?" I heard Damion call back.

"Where are you?" I called.

He then ran out from behind a corner. He hugged me tight. "Is everything alright?" I asked, confused, wondering where Elodie was still. 

"Elodie..." he trailed off.

I felt my heart snap, and I felt like I knew before he even said it. "She's dead."

I suddenly felt hollow. "What happened to her?" I asked, my voice rough.

"Her heart was ripped from her body, obviously a vampire had killed her," Damion said sighing, his sigh cracking, I could tell he was upset. 

I hugged him back tightly. "It's going to be alright, do they have any idea who could have done it?" I asked. 

"Well, we have a pretty good idea," he said looking away from me.

"Who?" I asked, my heart nervous.

"Kat," he said clenching his jaw, his hate for her obviously growing. 

I was taken aback, Kat would never kill anyone, then again she wasn't exactly the Kat I knew anymore. And then something snapped inside me, like most things did these days. I didn't want to help her anymore, I didn't want my old Kat back, I mean I did, but it was obvious I wasn't getting her back. I felt as though Elodie was too far, because it was. I then felt powerful, and felt like a leader. "Get a party together, a public event is sure to attract Kat and Roman, they're usually together as far as I can tell," I said going behind Damion, looking for Hector, sure he knew someone with the power of something that could help with this.

I saw Damion's surprised look as I passed him, knowing he saw the look in my eye. I could hear him following, and suddenly Chase and Jack were there by my side, watching me carefully. I looked over at Jack, he was staring at me intently, and I knew he was going through my head. Where's Hector? I thought, knowing he could hear me.

"His office," I heard in my head, which was not the most pleasant thing.  

I nodded and headed off, hoping I was going in the right direction. I then found the right door and opened it. Hector was at his desk with multiple men I've never seen before. I walked back all of them and stood before Hector. "I'm forming a search party and I need someone with a relative ability," I said, my tone not recognizable. 

He was even taken aback by my approach, he was king after all. I knew without looking that every stranger in the room was staring at me. "Well, we were just discussing this situation, and luckily enough, I have someone who may be able to help," the king said after a minute.

I heard someone behind me stand up and I blurred around, my heart hammering. "I've believe I've seen you before princess, my name is Fredrick," the man said leaning out a hand. 

"Nice to see you again Fredrick, and what is your supposedly helpful ability," I said.

"I believe I can track much better than most vampires," he said calmly, his calm was kind of creepy. 

I then felt as though I could trust him. I didn't touch him, I didn't want another ability, I barely know how to summon or use the ones I have. "Alrighty then, I want this search party out by sundown, at sundown Kat always liked to go to pier," I said getting ready to leave the office. 

"Wait? Is this Kat the red head we saw on the cameras?" the king said standing. 

"Yes," I said turning around to face him, before walking out the door with Fredrick and Damion,

following behind me.