Chapter Thirty-Four

The next few days were silence, nothing from Roman, and nothing from the war with The Fallings, Damion only tells me small things, like the war is bad, but he doesn't give me any details on if anyone I know has died, or gotten hurt, nothing. I mean I knew he just wanted me to get hurt, but I still want to know. And because Jack is out in the war, Hector has been the one taking over my private sessions. He's just as smart as Jack was, and of course I was impressed, even though he's probably been alive for hundreds of years and knows a lot. Just starting the other day if I had paid attention and had gotten all of the millions of work he'd assigned me done, he'd tell me about his past, which was what I was usually looking forward to during our sessions. Damion had been more busy, staying in his office most of the night, and I was beginning to get worried, sleeping alone, even though I didn't need to sleep, didn't feel right with him there. 

I had also began to have strange dreams, just flashes of things I don't understand, not remembering most of it when I wake up. Damion said it was most likely things from my younger childhood, since my body was still adapting to it's eternal fate the venom was still processing through my memory, making me remember things from when I was an infant. Although he had a point, I was almost positive it wasn't that. Tonight would be about a week since I told Roman I would let him have a chance, Damion said that I couldn't go back to him, it was too much of a risk. It was the middle of the night, around three in the morning. I woke up breathing heavily, sweating buckets. I had many flips in my stomach and I groaned. I got up even though I was wearing just underwear, and one of Damion's big shirts, I made my way to Damion's office.

I passed maids that stared at me, obviously not trying to, and I even passed a man heading to Hector's office, he stared as well, but with a creepier look. I didn't care though, I had stopped sweating but I was still slightly out of breath. I slowly opened Damion's office door, peeking through it. There were many men in the office, talking to Damion seriously, Damion being seriously stressed. Just as Damion was about to yell at one man, his eyes flashed to mine, and he knew I was there. "Leave my office, I believe I have another appointment," Damion said after a second.

"This doesn't end till four, we still have an hour," said a man even though the rest of them were standing.

I opened the door more and the man who spoke up turned and saw me, his eyes then understanding. "Alright, we'll continue this later your highness, have a good night," the man said as they all left the office. 

I walked in and shut the door behind me. I slowly made my way to Damion, and I sat in his lap. "Everything alright?" Damion said, he was obviously stressed, but he still had enough energy to show he was worried about me.

"Just more nightmares," I said leaning into his chest, his arms wrapping around me, holding me to his body like a small child.

He laid his head on top of mine after kissing my temple. "I'm sorry my love, the war has not been going well, and I'm for some reason the one to blame," Damion sighed.

I took this as an opportunity to learn more about the war. "Is Jack, Chase, and Lucious all right?" I asked looking up at Damion. 

"Yes, of course, but The Fallings have gained a new leader, who is most definitely a newborn  vampire, but he's known and been in contact with vampires for a long while for him to be able to take lead so easily," Damion sighed.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"That's the thing, no one knows, no pictures, no nothing. We just know there is a new lead because there are more complicated tactics being taken during the war, smart ones too," Damion sighed running one of his hands through my hair.

I sighed and frowned, I didn't like Damion being stressed. "Look I know you think I'm going to be power crazed and everything, but Charlotte has set up an appointment with a witch tomorrow and we're going to work on me summoning my powers easier and getting new ones, while still keeping them organized. Maybe once I've gotten a hang on myself, I could, you know, help out in the war?" I asked looking at Damion, wanting to be helpful.

"No, I won't let you get hurt," Damion said almost instantly, shaking his head.

I sighed and decided to let it go, for now. "Why don't we go to bed? I don't have nightmares when you're with me," I said hugging him.

"Of course my love," he said scooping me up into his arms, carrying me out of his office like I was a bride.

We headed to our room, and I fell asleep instantly, 

curled up in his arms.