Chapter Twenty-One

A few hours later after watching tv and drinking blood bags, we finally got up at about dusk. Damion insisted that I meet his parents and siblings. I was excited to meet Hanalie and Lucious although I wasn't too excited about meeting his parents, of course I was obviously nervous. He said there was an apparent ball tonight, to greet our return. I guess that he should have told me sooner, since I absolutely love to ball dance, although I was kind of dying in a bed. "You have many dresses to choose from, Hanalie picked out every single one," Damion smiled. 

I looked to the closet. "I'll go speak to my parents, and I'll give you time to get ready. Hanalie just might barge in here to meet you and dress you up though, just warning you," Damion smiled leaning down to kiss me before leaving.

I walked towards the closet and opened it, to see what seemed like millions of dresses. There was every single color, many sizes, shapes, everything. I went through every single one, not able to decide. I finally looked upon a black long ball gown that had lace in the middle stringing it up like a pair of shoes but much fancier. It was ruffed to the floor and the back was open and laced like the front. I changed into it and looked in the mirror, deciding it was the one. I then went to the bathroom where a bunch of makeup and toiletries awaited me. 

But before I could pick up a single thing my door burst open. I looked behind me to see a blonde girl in a royal blue gown, her bright blue eyes matching the dress. "You're gorgeous!" she screamed, and I guess it was Hanalie. 

She came over to me and hugged me tightly. "Oh my, the dress suits you perfectly! But I'm doing your makeup," Hanalie smiled blurring to the sink where the makeup was.

She blurred my makeup on in a blink of an eye and when I looked over at the mirror I was actually taken aback. "Wow," I sighed.

My cat eyed eyeliner on top was blended into black and white eye shadow, my lips a blood red, my eyelashes long and sparkling. "You look splendid, did you pick out a mask?" she asked with a sincere look. 
"Hanalie, I don't honestly know much about this dance at all," I said honestly, and shyly.

"Please call me Hana, we're sisters now, and it's a masquerade ball," Hana smiled.

I smiled at the fact she called me her sister. And then she dragged me back to the closet to pick out a pair of high high heels, and a mask. The mask matched the dress perfectly, and so did the heels. "You ready to blow my brother away?" Hana asked with a smile.

I just nodded, excited about what Damion would think. I then smiled as we blurred out of the room. I followed her in a blink, going around many turns and twists. Until finally we breached a grand stairway that led down to a main room with lights and classical music. We humanly made our way down the staircase, almost every pair of eyes landing on us. My heart began to speed up. "Don't be nervous, people are almost always watching us royals, you'll get used to it," Hana whispered under her breath, a smile plastered onto her face. 

I instantly felt the connection between me and Damion strain when I saw a man with dark hair and eyes moving through the crowd. His black suit was magnificent and his mask was laced, his eyes not leaving mine. 

I knew it was Damion.

As we descended I felt two more pairs of eyes lay on me, although I felt the power that lingered in the gaze. I looked for the connection I felt and saw a woman with long pure white snow hair, her eyes white as well. The man standing next to her had blonde and black hair, he was mostly a blonde yet black raked through his hair as well. "That's my mother and father, don't worry about their cold gaze, they're nicer than they look," Hana whispered, the smile still on her face. 

I finally reached the bottom of the staircase, which felt like it took years to take, and into Damion's arms. "You look beautiful," Damion whispered in my ear.

"Thank you," I said smiling up at him. 

Although the conversations had stopped, when the music did I knew that something was about to happen. The tension in the room strained and I looked over to the king and queen approaching Damion and I. "The princess of the Vampire Court has arrived, and now it's time for the ceremony to begin," the queen's angelic voice cut through the air like a sword in the wind. 

"Ceremony?" I whispered to Damion.

Damion smiled at me guiltily, like I was about to be a sacrifice. I looked to the queen who was gazing at me, the coldness in her gaze sent chills down my spine. 

"The becoming of the princess's royal blood," the queen said,

the coldness in her eyes hitting me in the heart.