Chapter Thirty-Seven

When I opened my eyes light was gleaming through the window, hurting my eyes. But when I looked over and saw Damion asleep, I realized it was the first time I'd ever seen him asleep besides me. I smiled and turned on my side to look at him, a smile frozen to my face. Last night was amazing and I'm just going to leave it at that. Whenever we kissed I got electric shocks, last night was the same but it was intensified, it was amazing. Damion slowly opened his eyes and smiled back at me. I smiled wider and scooted closer and got on top of him kissing him. "Good morning," he said smiling. 

"Indeed," I said kissing him again. 

"So since we came here to help with a war and obviously didn't do our job, what are we going to do today?" Damion asked smiling.

"I'm not sure, What do you want to do?" I said smiling as well.

"I just want to stay in bed with you all day," He said with a charming chuckle.

I sighed and moved my hips, and he smile got wider. "I definitely just want to stay in bed all day," he said with a laugh. 

I sighed again and leaned back. "We need to find Lucious before he makes any rash decisions, there is no doubt he knows we're in Seattle," I said.

"And he's probably dying to see you," Damion sighed, frustrated.

I gave him a questioned look and he sat up, me still in his lap facing him. He placed his hands on my lower back holding me to him and looked me in the eyes. "Lucious has always been obsessed with finding his mate, everyone is meeting theirs except him, he's desperate," Damion sighs.

"Do you think that he thinks he'll find his mate in The Fallings?" I asked.

Damion's eyes snapped to mine, because they had wandered off. "I'd never thought of that before," Damion said.

I sighed, of course not. I got up and out of his lap, heading over to where our bags were. I leaned over and pulled out a bra and some underwear changing into that before looking for some clothes. I eventually decided to change into some jeans and a tshirt. When I turned around Damion was already dressed. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail and slipped on some sneakers. "Alrighty, best place to look for him?" I asked looking at Damion.

"Lucious is a quiet person, very stealthy. He'll want a place where vampires can feed easily, blend in, and be very unnoticed," Damion said thinking.

"Do you think he'd possible join an entire high school?" I asked thinking about how Damion found me in a college party. 

Damion thought about it. "Possibly, I'll check out all the high schools today, I believe you should stay here," Damion said, waiting for an outburst. 

I thought about yelling at him for being jerk, but then again, I could just sneak out. Since I was immune to cold I could probably go find a good bookstore around the docks on the East side of town. "Okay, I'll probably sleep some more or manifest a book," I said shrugging, closing my eyes while I did so so he didn't see the flash of lie.

Damion's eyes lit up happily, and I felt kind of bad. "Alright, I'll be back in an hour, there can't be that many high schools around this area," Damion said smiling.

He leaned in and I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. "Be safe," I said before he kissed me once more and left.

I sighed and turned around looking around. If I wanted to look even the slightest bit normal I'd want to grab a jacket. I grabbed one of Damion's hoodies that he had brought and slipped it on, grabbing a shoulder jean fit purse, that was small but exceptional for holding some money and some books. I headed out and decided to walk. When I was sure no one was looking I manifested a rock into an umbrella, it was slightly drizzling. 

It was nice out, for me, I honestly couldn't tell anymore whether it was hot or cold. I was just going to assume cold because of all the people with long sleeves and jackets. I looked around for a public library of some sort. Eventually I broke down and looked for someone to ask. I found a group of guys that looked like stoners from a local high school, and I thought maybe they'd know. I walked up to them and asked, "Do you guys know where the public library is?" 

They all looked at each other before looking at me all together. "Who are you, I've never seen you around before," one of the guys said, they were all extremely pale and honestly hot as hell.

Although being pale wasn't exactly rare around here, something seemed off about them. "Oh I'm just in town visiting family, haven't been here in a while," I said the lie casually strolling off my lips. 

Then a guy from the back who had extreme pale blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes stepped out. "You look familiar, maybe we went to school together," he said, his voice slick, and something about him made my stomach turn, but my hormones lurch. 

I then got a sudden fear that maybe we did go to school together, maybe these were people who knew me, and my family. "Probably not," I said, saying this was hard, my words fell against each other nervously. 

The pale blonde stepped forward and got into my face. "I know," he said, his eyes flashing red,

before I felt arms go around me hiding my sight.