36

"Wait. Did I just hear that right? They are joining the team?" Hunter asked and turned his head towards Coulson. And the rest of the teams head joined his eye of sight. Like all Meerkats on alert.

"Is there a problem with that?" Pietro asked. His eyes darting at Hunter's.

"Maybe there will be later on in life" Hunter said. Both the boys had their eyes locked on each other. I sighed and shook my head, moving from Pietro's guard and stood forward from the twins.

"Look. I wasn't thrilled about it either okay? Working with my dad who chose SHIELD over my pregnant mother. Doesn't exactly put a grin on my face. But I am still going to get on with my life, because this is my job and I love it" I told them. "So please. Leave the fighting to little kids"

Everyone looked at me. Shocked. Then Daisy looked at me, crossing her arms and smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You sound exactly like your father"

Oh God. She was right. I looked at my father and then looked at the ground.

"I may sound like him, but I will never be like him" I told them bluntly. The twins stood behind me closer. We were like a wolf pack, protecting each other.

"They seem very protective of you" A woman with dirty blonde hair spoke. Mockingbird, I think that was her name. I looked at the twins and smiled.

"We stuck together when we were jailed for Strucker. We have been through a lot"

"She saved my brother's life. Twice. It's the most we could do, we protect her, and she protect's us. Just like your team" Wanda spoke, turning to face me. I smiled at her. My father, who then looked at Pietro. I could sense tension in the room. My father didn't like Pietro, I could sense it. But I didn't care. Coulson looked at me and nodded.

"Let me take you to your rooms" He turned around and started walking away from us and the SHIELD team.

I sighed in relief as he moved away. His glaring Coulson eyes always had me on edge. Judging.

The place was a little bland. But for being underground and secret, you would need something to blend together, compared to the old destroyed Triskelion building, destroyed by HYDRA as well as SHIELD.

Silence. The awkward silence between people when they walked dawned upon this. I hated it.

"So how long you been together? You and Pietro?" My father spoke, breaking the tension.

"For a while, but on and off"

"What does kinda mean?" He asked frowning as we turned a corner.

"We were together, then I left the team and then I got back with the team and got back together" It all sounded so complicated. "It's gone so fast. Our lives have been busy, since you are part of that" I mumbled the last bit.

The memories of team Karma. Exposing Coulson to the Avengers. So much has happened.

"Well I hope you have a happy life, you deserve it" He spoke kindly. But I had a feeling he didn't mean it.

We all stopped outside a room. He used a key card to open the door, and handed the card to Wanda "this is your room. Decorate it however you like" he said. Wanda nodded and walked into the room and looked around the room, examining it.

"Pietro why don't I show you your room?" Coulson asked holding up a card for Pietro. The silver haired boy looked at me.

"And where is my room?" I asked. "Next to mine and Daisy's" He said. I gave a small smile to Pietro and nodded. I know what my father was planning. "I will find it myself" I grabbed the key card and kissed Pietro's cheek before walking off to find my room.