8

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath to concentrate. She clenched her fists as the room went black. No sound, nothing. There was a presence in the room. Quickly launching a ball of fire at the presence, she opened her eyes, seeing a computer pixelated person bursting into pixels and hitting the floor. She turned around and kicked the next one in the neck breaking it, smirking as its head turned to pixels falling onto the floor. Turning around facing her next victim, she ran at them, sliding under them and kicking them in the back making it fall to the floor. She stood up, making a hand gesture blowing it up. Several pixel figures stood in front of her. She looked at the window seeing Pietro, Wanda, Sam, Rhodes, Vision, Tasha, Steve and Hill stood in another room, testing out the new room. Lexi was the guinea pig. Pietro gave her a smile and a nod of reassurance.
She clutched her fists and built up the power in her body. She concentrated and released a firey telekinetic force towards the pixel targets causing them to clutter around each other. She turned her head towards the window, with a guilty face as the glass window shattered.
She looked down not knowing what to say or do.
"You did great!" Pietro smiled. But the faces of the others except Wanda's were all concerning.
"Er good work Lexi" Hill said nodding. Lexi rolled her eyes at them
"Why lie?" she raised her arms up and left the room wanting to get away from all of them.
She started making her way out of the new Avengers Academy, getting looks off some agents or students. Smiles or worried faces. She rolled her eyes until she opened the door to leave the Academy and walked out towards the fresh cut green grass. She breathed in the air and smiled. The smell of freshly cut grass was always a relief. She sat down on the grass, cross legged and just stared at her hands.
She was a threat towards them. She was on their side.
"Hey" she turned her head seeing Wanda sitting beside her
"Hi" she bluntly said picking at the grass
"Why do they lie?"
"They aren't lying Lexi, they were telling the truth" she responded in her Eastern European accent.
"Then why give me looks, looks of worry?"
"I don't know to be honest" Both of the girls gave out a short sigh not knowing what to say to make Lexi feel better.
"They said I was a SHIELD agent. If they don't trust me, why was I a SHIELD agent? I want to know why they feel like that towards me. I don't remember anything about my past"
"Maybe it is that. Something about my past, they are worried about something. But they won't tell me. They are hiding something and I will find out" she looked down and frowned hearing the red alarms from inside the Academy. She sighed and stood up heading inside.

They walked to the large conference room seeing the rest of the new and old Avengers. A large screen stretched onto the wall showing some faces.
"We have a new mission" Maria spoke out.
"Several gifted individuals in a shopping mall. They all seem to be acting suspicious by wearing leather pants and jackets and sticking together. The security cameras caught sight of one of them attacking a guard by surrounding him by ice. The guards knew they had to call higher ranks up. Everyone is going in since we don't know the gifts of the others, and we need everyone for this" Maria glanced at Lexi. She looked down clutching her fists until Pietro held her other hand to calm down.
"We go in there, looking normal, and at any sign of attack, you attack them. Either bring them in or put them down. We need to understand what gifts they have. Everyone get suited up. Make sure the public don't get hurt, but you must do everything you can to make sure they are okay. We have got supplies of night night guns created by a SHIELD agent. One bullet will put them asleep but it won't kill them" Maria instructed sending the agents away.

Lexi sat in the car tapping her foot on the ground. Maybe she could prove to them that she isn't all that bad. But they were hiding something, but knowing what they were hiding was the big question. She would find out.
As the cars pulled up on the side of the mall, they all split up. Three groups. Pietro, Wanda and Lexi to go through the front of the mall. Vision, Sam and Rhodes through the back and Tasha and Steve through the side. They had to gave Vision a little makeover to make sure he didn't stand out.
Lexi looked around as they walked through the back door.
"Pietro why don't you give us a quick run around to check the area is safe?" Lexi suggested. Pietro nodded and quickly ran off and returned within seconds.
"It's clear accept from caveman in the block of ice" He chuckled. Lexi and Wanda smiled walking towards the large block of ice, inside a man looking at them slowly. Blinking.
"I could melt the ice but it could be a while" Lexi suggested
"What about me, I could try it" Wanda suggested. I nodded and let her do her magic. She sent a blast of red magic towards the block of ice and tried to use her telekinesis to split it in half. Soon after she gave up.
"I can't split it. Try making it explode" Wanda suggested. Lexi quickly shook her head
"No, if I do that, I could explode the ice and the man. I want to avoid that. I will just melt it" she said. She stuck out her hand and slowly formed a fist, watching the ice slowly melt.
A few minutes went by until the man stood shaking in his spot.
"Go get a towel before you freeze to death" she instructed.
"T-thank-k y-you-u" he shakily spoke and tried to walk as fast as he could.
The three of them turned to each other heading into the mall to find the other gifted.
As the double doors pushed open revealing the large mall, the three of them headed towards a car show, where the rest of the team were standing.
"Did you see any of them?" Steve asked.
"Nope, we managed to get the guard out of the ice block. Do we have any idea what we are dealing with right now? We have an ice girl, but she could have other abilities as well as the other people with her" Lexi pointed out while gazing a car that had caught her eye
"It is something we will have to find out when they attack us with their powers. There are nine of us and nine of them. So pick one and attack. Hill wants us to bring them alive, but if you need to, put them down, in that case are some night night guns, use them if you need to" Steve instructed opening a black case filled with nine guns, one for each of them.
"So we just wait around?" Pietro asked crossing his arms
"That is my guess, we can't go around searching for them, it would be too obvious, and they already probably have guessed SHIELD will deal with them, or the Avengers" Steve responded asking Pietro's question.
"Maybe one of us should go around the store and see if we can see anything. Pietro shouldn't go, it is a little obvious for when your running around. Sam, why don't you do it. I'm guessing they don't really know you"
Sam nodded and grabbed a night night gun from the case and walked away from the group.
A few minutes went by and nothing. Just people walking around the different stores. Clothes store, food store, opticians.
"Guys, I found them, heading straight to you" Sam spoke through the ear piece.
"I don't see them" Lexi said trying to standing like a meerkat, trying to scope out the view.
"Incoming!" Steve shouted. Lexi frowned and noticed something coming towards her, it was aimed at her and looked white. She quickly made a hand gesture, freezing the object in front of her face. It was made of ice. She quickly made a hand gesture blowing up the ice ball, only to see a group of nine people walking their way.
They then stopped. They stood on the opposite side of the mall. Just staring, like we were their pray. Lexi looked at her team.
"Anyone got any ideas? We can't put the public in danger" she said looking at them.
"Sometimes, you got to make a little mess. Pietro go to the security-" Steve was cut off by a loud sound from the mall. It was ear shattering. Lexi looked around seeing two large speakers. She quickly blew them up, and the noise from them stopped, but they weren't the only speakers.
She turned to face the other team, one of the girls smirking at her. Her hair was white and had pale skin. It was her guess this girl wanted to fight Lexi, and that she was the owner of the ice ball.
"I got the blonde vampire girl, she obviously wants to deal with me" Lexi said
"But she has your opposite element. She could seriously injure you" Pietro pointed out standing beside her
"And I could seriously injure her, because I am her opposite element. Like Steve said back in the day. If they hurt you, hurt them back, if they kill you, walk it off" She smiled.
"I will be fine Pietro" she kissed his cheek and moved away from the team, and stood at one end of the mall, while the blonde chick stood on the other side.
"Your name, Lexi? Am I correct?" she the blondie asked.
"You guessed right. I guess sometimes people who are stupid enough to go up against the Avengers may actually have a tiny brain" She smirked at her
"I watched you from day one, arriving on Earth, creating those explosions. I wanted to be you, but then you started working for SHIELD, and I had to change that some how, but I didn't know how. But some people like Ultron, want the Avengers dead, like us. The war you bring to our world is because of you. And we want to change that. No more Avengers, no more war" she smirked before running up to Lexi.
Lexi frowned at what the girl said. Arriving on Earth. Creating explosions. She could see explosions in her mind, but that was it. She sighed until a blow to her face knocked her out of her day dream. She blinked and looked at the girl
"Oh you made a big mistake" she smirked. Clutching her fists and sending a telekinetic force towards the girl, landing her onto a car.
"Ouch did that hurt?" she smirked at her. She walked over to her dodging some ice balls. She then lifted her up with her telekinesis, using her hands and flung her into a shop window.
"Lexi, try to avoid destroying public property" Tasha said. Lexi rolled her eyes.
"And what is the fun in that?" she mumbled to herself before walking into the shop window as the girl was on the floor.
The girl then stood up, forming fists with her hands, standing in a fight stance. She looked at Lexi will killer eyes. She smirked at her and looked at the lights, blowing them up, the shop going pitch black. Lexi hid behind a desk waiting for the right move. The girl tried to see if she could hold anything, she couldn't see in the dark. Once, Lexi locked on target, she threw herself at the girl, and out another glass window. Glass shattering everywhere.
The rest of the Avengers were dealing with their target. Hex bolts flying, arrows being shot, or a metal SHIELD flying around the mall, hitting the men like a pinball game.
Lexi groaned feeling sharp stinging sensation on her back. She looked at the girl seeing her struggle. She quickly swipped her leg around hitting her in the face.
"You really have to stop hitting me!" The girl shouted before sending a blast of ice around Lexi. Concealing her in an ice block. So much ice that you couldn't see Lexi within it.
It was cold. But her body was going numb, so she couldn't feel it. She closed her eyes...
The large block of eyes exploded into millions of ice cubes hitting anyone who got in their way. Lexi stood up smirking looking at the girl
"Did you really think you could conceal me in an ice block, I may not be able to do anything physical in there to get me out. But my source always has my back" she smirked and grabbed the night night gun from her back pocket shooting the girl, watching her sink into a deep sleep. She sighed in relief and frowned looking at her hands. They were white, and hard. She felt cold and stiff.
"Pietro" She quietly said. The rest of the team had taken out their targets. They then looked at Lexi. Pietro widened his eyes and ran over to her.
"What's wrong?" he asked picking her up
"I'm so cold" she shivered closing her eyes.
"We need to get her back to SHIELD and warmed up. We need to go now, because she could freeze to death" Steve instructed
"Okay, then what, get her back and then what?" Pietro asked panicking
"Well we need to stick her in a room of fire. It will warm her up, the fire won't hurt her. The room will erupt in flames and we just wait until it heals her" Steve said before Pietro ran towards the jet.
Whenever an element has been struck by another element. They need to be within their own element to heal. A room of fire for a fire element. A large tank full of water for a water element. Bury a earth element, and send a air element really high. They have never had to do this before, but Lexi trusted them with her life.
Sometimes the source cannot always save an element.