23

Lexi had never been to prom. This was her first. Like many of the things she had experienced. Her first love. Her first mission. Her first mission where she was the leader. Two days had gone by. But it hadn't been easy. She had to deal with the mother after shooting her in the head. God this, God that. She had nothing wrong with God, but this woman was crazy. Lexi had managed to stop her mother from shoving Carrie into the closet to pray. She managed to break the door when she screamed.
Carrie was a exceptional gifted girl. She could move things with her mind or hands. Play with electricity and fire, read people's mind and body. During the whole mission, Carrie said one thing to make Lexi smile.
"The boy with the silver hair. He loves you, like he has never loved anyone else, except his sister of course"
School had been tough. The bullies were dealt with after Wanda showed them their worst fears, and a few threatening words. Lexi had a talk with the boy who asked Carrie to prom. She only asked one thing. Be kind. That is all Carrie has ever wanted. People to be kind.
Prom night had arrived and everyone was getting ready. And Lexi had the perfect dress. It clung to her body for dear life, a perfect fit. It was silver and black. The chest piece was silver, with a halter neck line. And just above the hip, all the way down to the floor was black fabric. She didn't want to go all the way out with the dress. It wasn't her prom. It was a mission, but they had to look the part. Wanda wore a red dress. Long to the floor, a square neck line and small sleeves. She looked like the beauty of the ball. Carrie had handmade her dress, and it was beautiful. It looked exactly like the one in the movie. But she needed to avoid it getting drenched in pig's blood. They had to keep all eyes on Carrie, so they couldn't spend hours trying to find the bullies. Poor pig.
"You look beautiful Carrie" Lexi spoke softly to Carrie, who was pinning the flower to her dress.
"Thank you. Pietro is a lucky man" she said. Lexi walked over to her and unpinned the flower, and wrapped it around her wrist.
"Thank you. And it goes there. Men wear it on their suits, we wear it on our wrists" she said. She then noticed in the mirror, Carrie's mother's eyes peeping through. Turning around Lexi opening the door with her eyes.
"Why don't you tell your daughter how beautiful she looks?" she asked. Carrie's mother just stared at her.
"I can see her dirty pillows" She spoke looking disgusted.
"They are called breasts mama. Every girl has them" Carrie spoke up
"Everyone will laugh"
"You daughter will be protected by us. Mainly the reason why she get's laughed at is because of her mother" Lexi spoke spitting venom at the woman. "You will let Carrie go to the prom, or I will lock you in the cupboard to prey" she said. Carrie's mother looked at her, and then looked down at the floor. She then left the room. Lexi sighed and turned to Carrie.
"Tonight is all about you" she said smiling. "Come on, let's go" she walked out of the bedroom with Carrie and Wanda and started walking down the stairs. Everyone was downstairs waiting and now watching. All the boys in suits, except Vision. He was going to be watching everyone's move. He was going to stay hidden, but alert. Tasha and Maria were in dresses. Simple dresses. As the three girls touched down at the floor, Pietro walked over to his sister.
"You look beautiful Wanda"
"Thank you Pietro, you look sharp" she smiled and took the flower from her brother's hand and put it around her wrist. The silver haired boy then turned to Lexi.
"You look, wow. Like a princess"
"Hey. No princess talk. This is prom, and all about Carrie" she said kissing him softly "you look very dashing" She smiled at him. They all headed outside to the car to be driven to prom.
Music was blaring, lights flashing, decorations hanging. This was the feeling of prom. Smiles and goosebumps. As they walked through the double doors of the hall where prom was being held, everyone was there. The teacher who had been supporting Carrie walked over to her.
"Carrie you look beautiful. I think your date is looking for you" Carrie's date had actually managed to show, wearing his suit and matching flower to Carrie's.
"You look beautiful" He spoke.
"Thank you" she said softly. She then turned around to look at Wanda and Lexi.
"Go have fun. We won't be far, don't worry" Lexi said. As Carrie and her date walked away, Lexi turned to the team.
"Keep an eye out for the bullies, they will be carrying a bucket of pigs blood I hope. Make sure Carrie is safe and the mission is complete" she told them. She saw a table was reserved for the team. She walked over to a chair and sat down watching the prom take place.
Two hours had gone by. People were eating, drinking, dancing, making out. Doing what teenagers do. She felt someone tapping her shoulder, she turned around seeing Pietro standing beside her.
"Care to dance? It's a slow song, and it's your favourite song. Marilyn Monroe, by Nicki Minaj" he smiled. Lexi stood up and took his hand walking to the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his laced around her waist.
"I love you Pietro" She spoke softly under the loud music.
"I love you too, and I won't ever stop" he kissed her nose softly, pressing his forehead against hers. They continued to sway to the slow music. Prom Queen and King would be announced soon, and they hadn't seen the bullies or the bucket anywhere. But she knew they would come. Lexi had her head on Pietro's chest, closing her eyes, enjoying the every lasting moment, until someone tapped her shoulder. Opening her eyes, she saw her mother.
"Mum?" she asked frowned, lifting her head off of Pietro.
"Lexi, you need to let everything happen tonight" Crystal spoke. Lexi frowned confused.
"Wait what? What are you talking about?"
"I had a vision Lexi. If you don't let the pig's blood go over Carrie, things will be much worse than the movie"
"What did you see mum?" Crystal sighed and looked down.
"The bullies will be here any minute with the bucket. I saw you remove the bucket and deal with the bullies. Carrie get's prom Queen and everything works out. But, things get worse. Her powers grow stronger and not in a good way. Her mother continues to do what she does, and Carrie explodes. She will cause destruction, she will kill people. It will be a whole new war if you save her"
"So you want me to ruin her night?"
"Lexi. You have to end this. End her" Those words struck Lexi. She felt her world stop. Kill Carrie.
"Mum, that wasn't my mission, I have to save her"
"It was never your mission in the first place. You just had to make her believe to make her killing her easier. Your real mission was to end this. Change the ending of the movie. End her, save everyone"
Lexi looked at her mother and then at Pietro. She looked down. Could she really kill an innocent girl? Carrie didn't want this powers, but yet, they belonged to her.
"These powers aren't gifts Lexi. They are curses. You need to do the right thing, for everyone" Lexi sighed and nodded.
"Pietro, quickly run around, it would look like you had taken the bucket down. It's the only way to save people. And when that bucket falls, move Carrie's date out of the way. He needs to be survive" she instructed. Pietro nodded and ran like a blur. Lexi walked over to the rest of the team.
"The bucket has been dealt with, they are about to announce King and Queen" she said. She then walked to the middle of the dance floor as the music stopped.
"It is now time to announce the prom King and Queen!" The teacher who had cared about Carrie was going to announce it. Everyone was silent. It was time.
"The prom King goes to Tommy Ross!" The crowd cheered as the boy walked up to the stage to claim his crown. Pietro stood hidden on one side of the stage. "And the prom Queen goes to... oh, Carrie White!" The crowd was shocked, but the votes had been rigged. Lexi looked at Carrie and smiled, giving her a nod. Carrie walked through the crowd of people, and arriving on the stage to take her crown. Lexi turned her head seeing her mum nod. Lexi looked at Pietro and gave him a small nod. He quickly ran out on stage to make sure Tommy was safe. Until the bucket poured out the red substance, covering Carrie. She was drenched in blood. Just like in the horror movie. Steve stood forward looking at Lexi.
"What the hell are you doing?"
"I am trying to protect people and everyone else. Carrie isn't just an innocent girl. She is a time bomb and I have to put an end to her" She said walking through the crowd with Wanda, who looked a little confused, until they came up to the front of the stage.
"I am sorry it has to end like this Carrie. But we could never of saved you. You are too dangerous" Lexi truthfully said.
"Dangerous?" she asked tilting her head.
"Yes. These powers are to be used for bad purposes, and I can't let that happen"
"You were supposed to protect me"
"I know Carrie. But this time, I had to break my promise to protect everyone. Everyone needs to leave now!" She shouted. Everyone moved to the back of the hall to leave, but they couldn't. The doors had locked.
"Unlock the doors Carrie" Wanda demanded
"No. You broke a promise, and I don't like that. Everyone deserves what happens to them" Carrie said dropping the flowers and crown.
"Wanda get ready" Lexi said. Wanda nodded. Carrie let out a loud scream, sending a telekinetic blast towards everyone, but Lexi and Wanda managed to create a telekinetic shield to block it. Once it was over, Lexi sent a telekinetic blast towards Carrie, sending her flying towards the back of the stage. She hoped it would of killed her, but she was wrong.
Carrie stood up, blood stained all down her body and dress. She glared at Lexi with eyes that could kill.
"You hurt me. So I am going to hurt you and everyone else!" she shouted. Lexi put her hands up at Carrie. She had to put an end to her now.
"I can't let you do that" she said. One of her hands restrained Carrie using telekinesis. The girl couldn't move. Lexi moved her up in the air. She then put her other hand up securing her head.
"I am so sorry Carrie" she said tears running down her face. She flicked her wrist, snapping Carrie's head and neck. She then dropped her to the floor. Lexi ran up onto the stage seeing Carrie's limp body. She had killed her. She turned to Steve who ran up to the stage.
"We need to burn her body and scatter her ashes, give her a headstone. Make sure the bullies are dealt with. And the mother, put her somewhere safe and where no one can find her" she said before leaving the hall.