27

A year ago and a little more

She was dreaming of a weird mission. Two other's stood beside her, standing in front of someone else. But she didn't know them. There was a large chair in the middle of a rumbling building. But the dream started turning to black. Something was wrong. But she couldn't wake up. She continued to dream of nothing but black.

Black. Just black. Nothing. It felt like outer space, without the planets and the starts. There was a small light in the distance. It was only small, but it was visible. Was it a star? It started getting bigger and bigger, or maybe it was getting closer and closer. She widened her eyes and tried to move, but she couldn't. She felt chained down in the black space. The light came towards her much faster. But it wasn't a light. It was an explosion. As it came closer, she closed her eyes. Was this the end?

Lexi woke up with a gasp. Breathing heavily. Sweat dripping slowly. Her vision was a little blurry. Blinking several times she gained back her vision. A frown set against her eyebrows. This wasn't her room. The room was surrounded by bricks, not paint. The floor was concrete. She turned her head seeing a glass wall. She wanted to get off the bed, but she was chained. A straight jacket was placed on her and her hair in a long plait.
Where was she?
It didn't look like SHIELD. She thought about what happened. She fell asleep in her room and woke up imprisoned. But this wasn't SHIELD prison. Had she been kidnapped? The room smelt of disinfectant. They had cleaned and prepared it for her. There was a single metal toilet, and a sink attached to the top of the sink. The bed she was sitting on was metal, like a prison bed. She could feel the springs in her bed. The floor was clean concrete. And nothing else. Basic and boring. She looked out of the glass again seeing men and some women working in white coats. There was four black wheels on the ground, attached to maybe a metal bed or a table. They used to them wheel dead bodies out. There was a white sheet over it, and a hand exposed. She widened her eyes realising a dead body was underneath the sheet. She tried to move but she couldn't. She heard banging in the distance. But because she was chained to the bed, she couldn't see anything.
The door opposite her opened, revealing more people in white coats. One of them had a monocle over his eye. He smiled at her. She tried moving as back to the back of the bed as she could but she couldn't move. The people in white coats moved closer to her, but they just unchained her and removed the straight jacket. Lexi stood up quickly looking at them. She then looked at the man with the monocle.
"Who are you and what do you want with me?" she asked standing in front of them. He smiled at her stepping forward.
"Hello Lexi. My name is Wolfgang Baron Von Strucker. I am the leader of an organisation called HYDRA. Do you remember anything?" He tilted his head looking at her. Lexi looked at him. The names didn't mean anything to her. Did she remember anything. She tried to think of anything. But nothing.
"No, I don't- what did you do to me?" she asked him clutching her fists. He chuckled at her
"Then it worked. We injected you with a serum which basically wiped everything from your mind. Except your name, and your abilities. Can you name your powers?" Lexi blinked at him. She couldn't believe it. She then thought about it.
"Fire manipulation, telekinesis, molecular based abilities and something called the siren spell" She spoke like she had rehearsed it all.
"Excellent. You only remember a few things. Your name and your abilities. And that is it for now." he spoke in a Eastern European accent.
"What do you want from me? My powers?"
"I will be straight with you. Yes, we want your powers. We have been watching you Lexi Sirena for a long time. Your powers are incredible and we want them for our purpose" Lexi laughed at him and rubbed her face.
"You people do not get it do you?" Baron tilted his head "You can't remove my powers. They are located in my source, my heart. It is impossible. I may not remember, but this is something that is always in my head. You can't take a blood test and try to transfer it. If you do, the user will burn from the inside. You try and remove my heart, I die, and so does the power. There is no way you can get my powers. Well there is a way, but they will go back to where they come from"
"And what is that exactly?" he asked. Lexi looked at him and frowned. She didn't know. She shrugged at him.
"My powers stay with me, unless you want another body count and a waste of time" she told him. He nodded at her and thought about it.
"Fine. I completely understand. But that means I won't let you go. You can join HYDRA and be my little soldier. I don't know what to call you. Maybe experiment? Or agent. That sounds much better" The loud banging happened again. Baron smirked at her. "You are not the only one here. Two special gifted twins. Have a look" he walked towards Lexi, turning to the glass wall. She got closed enough being able to see two more prison cubes. Two with one person inside each. Two people. One female, one male. Lexi frowned looking at the girl. She had long brown hair, her eyes glowing red, sitting down on the ground. Cubes were floating in mid air, her hands controlling them, a red glow emitting from her hands and around the cubes. Telekinesis. She then flicked her eyes to the other cube. A boy, with out of control hair, which was brown, but slowly turning silver or white. He stood still and suddenly moved quicker than light. Super speed. He didn't have any control over it. He continued to run in his small cage, bumping into his bed, and the wall. Until he stopped, sinking to the concrete floor. He looked up seeing Lexi. There eyes glued on each other. Strucker smirked.
"What happened to them?" she asked.
"A little experiment. Our two enhanced. Twins. Pietro and Wanda Maximoff. They gained powers through a special scepter we recovered from a New York war against SHIELD and the Avengers who fought against a mad God called Loki. It was fun to watch. Speaking of which. Your views on the Avengers and SHIELD?" Lexi thought about it. Something was happening in her mind. Every time she thought of SHIELD or the Avengers, bad words came up.
"I hate them" she spat. She frowned remembering that.
"You said I only remember my name and powers"
"The serum allowed us to control what you remember. We allowed you to remember your name, powers and your views on SHIELD and the Avengers. Now why do you hate them?"
"Because they cause all the wars. They are the heroes to their own problems. They can't leave anything alone and everyone has to pay" she said sighing.
"Good. And we are designed to put a stop to it all. You three will be trained, designed and ready for when the time is right. We or you and the twins will go against the Avengers soon, and put an end to them once and for all. To live in peace. We do have other programs running, but they aren't ready. You came to Earth to put an end to SHIELD and the Avengers, and I will let you finish that mission of what you started. Now what do you say Lexi? Are you with us?" he asked. He was right. She only knows that she wants to finish the Avengers and SHIELD, but she can't remember why she didn't do it herself. She needed to do what she wanted to do. Do what she felt was right. She needed to end them.
"When do I start?" she asked. She turned her head looking at the twins. Who looked at her smirking....