10

Lexi started piling all her belongings into a large bag to be carried to wherever she could go. She looked out of the small window sighing. She had a good time at SHIELD, only because she didn't know the truth. Now she did, she knew her true family and so called friends. Opening her wardrobe, her black hooded cat suit hung on a coat hanger. She quickly slipped it on and looked in the mirror smiling to herself. She came to Earth in this very cat suit to complete her mission, now she has it on again to re-finish it.
The cat suit was silky, and plain black. A hood, attached to the main body of the suit, which covered her head. The cat suit covered her whole body except for her face and hands. Black combat boots, finished off the agent look. She smiled to herself but looked down. Did she really want to do this? It was like Deja Vu all over again. She had friends here which were practically her family now, did she want to ruin it?
Family and friends wouldn't lie to you. They say they lie, because they wanted to protect you from the truth. But really, they don't want to be the enemy and cause you to explode like a bomb. Like her. Her fuse has gone off. And they better stay away.

Packing the last of everything. She noticed something shining in the corner of her eye. She turned around seeing something underneath her pillow. It looked silver. Walking over to her bed and lifting her pillow up, she saw a necklace and a small note. The note read:

'For you Siren,
Pietro'
Lexi felt like her heart was shattering. The necklace was beautiful. Silver chain, with a silver pendant. And on the silver pendant, there were so many designs. But a mermaid and the light blue gem was the main attraction. The gem was a tear drop shape, and the colour of Pietro when he runs, baby blue. Around the gem was small chains to keep it secure, and the tail of the mermaid wrapped around it. The mermaid had her right arm by her head. Her long hair draped along the other design which looked a little like the suckers of an octopus or the pods of seaweed. And at the very bottom just below the gem was a shell. She felt my eyes tear up. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, picking up the necklace and clipping it around her neck. She then grabbed a pen from her bed side table and wrote on the back of the note.'Thank you x'Placing onto the pillow, she grabbed her bag and heard the red alarms go off. She sighed knowing they were for her. She closed her eyes and concentrated on her mother's face.
"Mum, take me out of here please" she waited a few minutes until she heard loud bangs on her door. As soon as the door burst open revealed Steve and Tasha she quickly teleported out of the room.

Sand. Warm sand. She felt inbetween her feet. She opened her eyes, since opening them during teleportation made her a little queasy. She looked around at her surrondings. Frowning. She saw the clear blue ocean ahead of her. And she was on sand. Maybe another part of a country?
Turning around fully, a beach house stood on the sand, surrounded by a large rainforest. Palm trees stood around, holding coconuts. She noticed a few crabs moving along from the sand, dipping into the water. But the thing that caught her eye. Was the volcano. Smoking. A little concern wiped across her face. Was the volcano active? Of course it was, it was smoking. Walking towards the beach house, her heart thumped harder. The house was white, with blue window shades. A wall light beside the coral coloured door. Grasping the silver handle, she noticed a door knocker. In a shape of a mermaid. Coincidence? Turning the door knob and to her surprise, it was open.
It smelt fresh, the flowers either hung on the ceiling or a wall, or placed on a table. A large cream canopy bed stood out from all the furniture. In front of the bed was a light blue fabric sofa, a glass coffee table in front of that, and then a plasma wall TV. Perfect view. Then in the corner of the house, closest to the front door, to match the colour of the sofa, a light blue wooden table with a wooden chair with a coral pillow was placed. But on the other side of the room was a small white kitchen. Walking over to the kitchen, a door stood beside it. Opening it up revealing a bathroom. Shower, bath, toilet and a matching sink.
This would be a perfect safehouse for now.
"Hello?" She forgot to ask if anyone actually lived there. But why would her mother send her here? There was something pink on the pillow of the canopy bed. Walking over to it and picking it up, a little note.

'Lexi. I knew this day would come & I hope you will forgive me for not telling you.
I wanted you to find out for yourself. You deserved to know. But now you know why you came to Earth in the first place.
This beach house was mine. When I met your father. But when I left him, I came here for a while.
I thought you would need it to escape from them. This is the safest place, it isn't on the map and it shielded by an invisible shield.
Not even the Avengers or the rest of SHIELD can find it. Hopefully.
Everything you need in order to survive is in the beach house.
I hope that you can complete your mission this time.
He deserves to be broken, like he broke me.
And they deserve to be taken out. They are the reason they don't live in peace.
There is a file & a laptop underneath this pillow for you
Love Mum x.
PS; The volcano is inactive. The smoke is just for effect and no one can see it x'

A smile grew on Lexi's face. Her mother was the light of her life. Her mother was the answer to her troubles. She then read over the last few sentences. A file. She picked up the pillow seeing a yellow folder and a laptop. Grabbing the laptop first, she opened it up and smirked.
It was the SHIELD database. Her mother must of hacked into SHIELD and have gone unnoticed. She would deal with that later. But first. The file. Opening it up a colour picture of a man, and the words beside it deceased. But her mother had written in capital letters at the top of the paper.
'ALIVE!'
Lexi raised her eyebrow and then looked at the name of the man smirking to herself.
"Well, well, well. I guess Phil Coulson is alive and needs a visit from his daughter"....