32

I sat up rubbing my wrists from the restraints I had, as well as my feet. They hurt. But I saw Pietro and Steve were more hurt. They would never forgive me. I wouldn't forgive myself either. I could lose a friend as well as a team leader and my boyfriend. He probably just want anything to do with me.
Steve stood up looking at me after they had managed to get out the amateur bonds.
"How could you not tell me, tell any of us" he asked. Getting off the metal table I looked at him.
"Because, like I said. If you ever wanted to see him again, I would have to say anything. He wanted me to keep a promise and I cared about your friendship, so you should be lucky I didn't tell you because he would turn into a shadow again" I explained getting a little ticked off, you could tell in my voice.
Steve didn't know what to say. He was stuck between his two views.
"Kick me off the team, ignore me for the rest of my life, I don't care Steve. I care about Bucky, because he went through the same thing as me, and I care about your friendship. So I would get over it" Looking around the room, I noticed some katana blades hanging up. My powers felt a little weak from the serum. I have no idea what happened. Walking over to the katana blades, I had my back turned to everyone. They were doing their own thing. Trying to find a way out since it seemed like a doorless room. I looked at my hand and stuck it out, from fist to palm quickly, a blue flame appeared. I widened my eyes and quickly blew it out. Grabbing the katana blades, I knew we would have to fight our way out.
The blades felt so light in my hand, a tingly feeling went through my body, something about them felt right. So many things were going through my head, Steve, Bucky, Pietro, my powers. I didn't want to have blue fire, it was more dangerous than orange. Clutching the handle tight, I took a few deep breaths. Now, the ring. Heading over to the window, the coast was clear. I looked around trying to find anything shining in the sun. Nothing. Not even glass.
"Lexi we have to go" Steve ordered. I shook my head.
"No, I need to find the ring, even if it doesn't matter to Pietro, it matters to me. I need to find it" I looked urgently, maybe it was an illusion, maybe it was in the room. Looking on the floor I groaned.
"Lexi we need to go now!" Tasha shouted. I stood up and looked at her.
"Do not tell me what to do!" I felt fire build up in my body. "I need to find this ring even if I am not engaged anymore. I have nothing, so I need to find this ring. I will catch up with you" she told them getting on her hands and knees again trying to find the ring.
The other's left the room. Lexi looked up seeing Pietro looking at her. He was about to say something, but nothing came out. He then ran out. Tears stung in her eyes. Everything she had with Pietro was over. Letting out a loud groan the katana blade glowed a orange colour.
What was going on? As soon as I get out of here, I need the blue fire removed from me. I already put people in danger, I don't want to put them in even more.
Standing up, I heard gun shots and explosions. Looking at the shining blade, I thought about what I wanted to happen to it. Quickly putting my arm in front of me with power, the fire power from my body escaped and attached itself to the blade. I grinned to myself. I didn't know I could do that. I smiled to myself and watched as the fire surrounded the blade. This was going to be fun.
Leaving the room, it was quiet. Too quiet. I started running through the halls, getting closer to the noise, I bumped into someone. I closed my eyes hoping it wasn't an enemy. A shining object caught my eye. It was a ring. I frowned and managed to get the clear vision of everything. Bucky standing there holding the ring. I smiled at him and took the ring placing it on my finger, though it would probably be removed after this.
"Thank you Bucky. Now get out of her before you get hurt. Steve needs to see his best friend one day" she told him. He looked at me and nodded before making his way out of the building. I continued to run through the halls until an enemy stood in front of me. I smirked and quickly made a quick swipe to his arms, watching both limbs fall to the ground and the gun. I smirked at him and kicked him backwards. He would probably die slowly. Turning the corner, I saw the rest of them. Pietro noticed the ring on my finger. He frowned in confusing, making me remove it and placing it in a secure pocket. He then looked at me confused at my actions.
"I know a way out" I told them. We continued to run through the halls, until a huge team of men with guns stood in front of us.
"There are too many of them" I told them.
"Pointing out the obvious Lexi" Steve mumbled. I rolled my eyes at him and thought about it. They were gonna ignore me, be mean to me, two can play at that game. I looked at the enemies and dropped the blade, letting the flames disappear. The men looked at me confused. I then let out a sudden high pitch scream causing everyone to go deaf. I smirked as they all held their ears in pain. Then I sent a telekinetic blast towards them, causing them to scatter like a blowing ball and pins being hit. The blast was so powerful, it made a large hole in the brick wall. Short cut.
I quickly ran out as everyone was recovering from the scream.
Salt air. Sun. I could smell the salt from the sea, and the sun on my skin. We were at a harbour that no one used. I smiled to myself, and then felt a hand on my arm. It was Pietro.
"What was all that about? Injuring us? Actually tell me what it was all about, everything he said, Bucky thing" He looked hurt and confused. I managed to get my arm out of his grip. I looked at him and sighed.
"Yes I had a sex dream about Bucky, but in the dream, it didn't feel right. It was deja vu and a dream, because I have a big influence on Bucky's life. Well guess what it looks like it has. I love you Pietro, but right now, I know it means nothing. The way you looked at me earlier. You were dissapointed, like you didn't want anything to do with me. Let me spare you the argument" I reached in my pocket and handed the ring "makes things easier if I give it to you instead of you asking for it. All our pasts have somehow of catching up with us and messing with us. Mine has happened too often. I love you Pietro, but I know after this, you have no trust in me. Do you?"
He looked at me with the blue orbs, just staring at me, he wanted to say something, but he didn't.
"See. I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me. No one will ever trust me again"
"Lexi, please don't do this, please, you know I love you"
"But you don't trust me. And I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me. I am sorry Pietro" I sighed looking down. The rest of the team managed to come out. They didn't have happy faces on them.
"Lexi..." I turned my head to see Pearl. One of the good Sirens in my pod. I knew she was good, it was the vibe she gave. There were such thing as good and bad sirens. I got turned by bad, but invited into a good pod.
"Pearl, what are you doing here?"
"I need your help Lexi" she rushed over to me. Her blonde hair dancing in the salt wind, she had a shell attached to her head. Her brown eyes, red from crying.
"What is going on?"
"A supernatural being, I don't know his name, he calls himself no name, but he has taken my little sister, Shelly. He wants war, he hopes he can destroy all supernatural beings"
"Wait what?"
"He has a lot of powers and I mean a lot, probably every single one, but he wants war. He decided to go to war with Sirens, he thinks we are weak. He wants war so he can destroy us all and then move onto the next supernaturals. After all supernaturals are dead, he will be the only one, the only powerful supernatural to date. He is dealing with Sirens first, then I think shapeshifters, all that, including the supernaturals in your team. He wants power and he has my sister. I need to get her back before he hurts her"
"Okay, okay, tell me first, what does he looks like?"
"He wears a large hooded cape, like Red Riding Hood"
"Is it black?"
"Yeah why?"
"Because he is standing behind you, with your sister"
The man with a hood, stood holding the little girl by her neck. His long nails drawing blood from her neck. He stood there with a smirk.
"You just keep leading me to more supernaturals to add to my list. This is going to be fun" He was bald, dark eyes, tall and slim.
"She is only a child, you don't need to do this"
"Oh I do, and her being a child makes it so much easier" Shelly had the same looks as her sister, so innocent. The little girl looked at us begging for help. But it was too late. A loud snap could be heard from her body, causing her head to go limp.
All the blood in my body drained. I dropped the blade. I felt my heart being ripped in half. Pearl let out a loud screech
"NO!" the man with no name chucked Shelly into the water behind them since we were on a pier. Another siren stood beside me. Aqua. Blonde hair with a touch of blue highlights. She was another good friend of mine, but I doubt she came alone.
"What's the plan?" Aqua asked, gritting her teeth together. As everyone stood still and silent while Pearl was crying. I was trying to hold it together. Clutching my fists, I looked at the nameless man.
"We are sirens, do what we do best. Rip him to pieces" I glared at him and launched myself at him. Aqua following beind.
"Pietro!" Steve shouted. Pietro ran after me, but before he could touch me, I telekinetic blasted him away sending him back to the team. I continued to run towards him, dodging his ice shots. He then stopped and smirked at me. The ground was shaking. Earthquake? Was he doing this? I looked around and noticed a whole army of Sirens running towards him. I turned to face him and smirked "let's hope you can grow back your limbs. Or even better, let's hope you can breathe underwater" I continued to run towards him, he looked at me realising he made the wrong choice of messing with sirens and standing on a pier. I ran at him until, I grabbed his shoulder's and dived into the water. The water had contionous loud splashes from the other Sirens. I let go of him and let the girls deal with him. Blood could be seen. His war was over already, do not mess with sisters.
Faces could be seen from the surface of the water, the faces moved. It was Pietro, Wanda, the whole team looking over the pier. They were shouting my name. I looked down at the blood stained darkness seeing flicks of some tails. I then started swimming to the surface of the water until I broke through.
Sighs of relief could be heard.
"That isn't your blood is it?" Steve asked. I looked at him and shook my head.
"What are they doing to him?" Sam asked.
"Ripping him from limb to limb, just like Sirens do" She smirked at him. Pietro sighed and got down on his stomach reaching his hand out to me.
"Let's get you out of here"
What was he talking about? All the crap I recieved from them, they think I was going to return with them? They must be crazy.
"No" I said bluntly.
They all frowned.
"What do you mean no?" Tasha asked. I laughed at them.
"You think I am going to come back to this so called team, who will ignore me for a secret I kept and a stupid deja vu dream?"
"We can work it out Lexi" Pietro said. A hint of begging in his tone.
"No. Why would I come back. You are all going to ignore me, treat me like an amateur. Pietro I know deep down you will never trust me again, so I am going to put you out of the misery. There is no engagement. I am not going to marry someone who doesn't trust me" How could I?
"Lexi I do trust you, I do" His blue orbs begging.
"No you do not. Because every time I talked to you, you said nothing. Even when I handed you the ring back, you said nothing. Which means you feel nothing towards me"
"Lexi don't be stupid come on, we can all talk back at the academy" Steve sounded like he was ordering me. Aqua rose to the surface and looked at me.
"He is dead. Pearl found her sister, we are going to bring her home, see if we can fix her. Are you coming with us?"
I looked at the team who was practically my family. We went throught near deaths all the time. I then looked at Aqua. They helped me through my transformation. They invited me into the new pod. I then looked at my team again.
"I chose the pod" They all looked at me shocked. Especially Wanda and Pietro.
"My pod trusts me, none of you do anymore. I can't live with people who don't trust me"
"We do trust you Lexi, we have to work some things through" I just laughed at Steve.
"We already have. The decision has been made. Look at Pietro for my Wanda. Please" I told her. She nodded at me slowly. She was the only ever person to ever trust me. Not even Pietro.
He had tears falling down his face. Heartbroken that I chose the pod over him and the team.
"Next time, maybe you should trust me" I told them blankly before disappearing under the water.

The pod trusted me. My former team didn't.

Trust is what keeps people together, but also tears us apart.