Chapter 35

"Jacob!" I yell loudly.
"What do you want now?" He sighed, exasperated with me. So far today, I've made him jump in our freezing cold pool, prank call one of our teachers, make me food, write a poem about how much he loves me, paint my nails, and play dress up. Oh, and did I forget to mention it was only lunch time?
"Will you watch tv with me?"
He looked up at what I was watching, shook his head, and sighed.
"You've got Jay and Rina watching it with you. Why do you need me to watch the Proposal?"
"I don't like the Proposal, Rina turned it on. I wanna watch either Ghostbusters or Pitch Perfect. I can't decide. What do you think?"
"I vote Ghostbusters." He said and sat down next to me. Rina and I looked at each other and smirked.
"Pitch Perfect." We decide simultaneously. Both boys groan at what we picked.
"Why'd you ask if you already planned on Pitch Perfect?" Jay asks us.
"We didn't until Jacob said Ghostbusters." We continue talking in sync.
"How do you do that?" Jay asks in horror. We turn and face him with blank stares.
"Do what?"
"That! It's so creepy. Do you plan what you're gonna say before you even get here?"
"So I have a choice in watching this or are you abusing your power and forcing me?" Jacob interrupts.
"Abusing it. Admit it Jacob, you love spending time with me." I cuddle up next to him and put my head on his chest.
"Absolutely.. Not."
I hit him hard on the shoulder. "Take it back."
"You know I love you and I love spending time with you." He sighs and puts an arm around my shoulder.
"Um no." Jay gets up from his spot and wedges himself between Jacob and I.
"What the hell, dude?" Jacob demands with fake madness.
"Stop cuddling with my girlfriend."
"She's my best friend and she loves me, not you. She loves me and I love her." Jacob winks at me and I have to hold in my giggles.
"Actually, boys, I'm her best friend." Rina says. Everyone ignores her as Jacob tries to shove Jay off the couch and cuddle me again. Jay glares daggers at both of us. Apparently, JJ doesn't know how to take a joke. But, I love to torture people so I decide to reach up and give Jacob a long kiss on the cheek. Jay's expression is priceless. His face goes red, he clenches his fists, and he looks ready to kill. I can't help it, I start laughing hysterically. As soon as I'm laughing, Jacob and Rina join in.
I look up at Jay and he looks pissed and confused. This caused me to laugh harder until tears are start to form in my eyes.
"This isn't funny." Jay grumbles.
"Jealous of our love, Jay?" Jacob smirks and kisses me on the top of my head. If possible, his face gets even redder, causing me to laugh even harder. After a few more minutes of laughter, I go over to Jay and hug him.
"Calm down, JJ. Jacob is my best friend but you're my boyfriend." I tell him.
"What about me? Do I have to kill Jacob so I'm the #1 best friend? Rina demands and takes a menacing step towards Jacob. The best part is, is that Jacob actually looks scared.
"Scared, Jacob?"
"What, me? Never." I see him gulp when Rina takes another step towards him.
"You're gonna die." She hisses. She looks back up at me and smirks before glaring at Jacob again. She's so weird.
"Get the freak away from me!" Jacob yells.
"If you admit that you're scared and I'm always right then I'll tell her to back off." I say with a shrug.
"You're always right."
"And?"
"And she scares me."
Rina smirks and satisfaction and watches as Jacob squirms under her glare.
"I'm her best friend." She tells Jacob and he nods his head in agreement.
"Freak." He says once she in her seat again.
"What was that?" She gets up agin and walks toward him. She growls and Jacob shakes his head quickly.
"Nothing!"
"Better have been nothing."
"It wasn't, I assure you."
I've got some weird friends.
"Rina, you're my best girl-friend. Jacob's my best guy-friend." I say.
This seems to satisfy Rina and Jay because Rina settles back into her seat and Jay visibly relaxes.
"So you don't love him?" Jay asks for reassurance. Dang this guys paranoid.
"I do love him but not in the same way I love you."
Everyone freezes and I look around in confusion. What just happened? Oh... OH.. Shit! Did I just say that? Shit shit shit. My face flushes red and I look anywhere but Jay.
"I love you too dork." Jacob says, making things more awkward.
"Wow, you can feel the awkwardness in the air. I can smell it." Rina takes a deep breath and makes a look of disgust before coughing.
"Nope, never mind. That's just Jacob's smellyness."
Jacob glares at her and I glance over at Jay. He opens his mouth to say something but I'm quick to stop him.
"Uh I mean um uh.. Look the movies starting!"
I quickly sat down and stared straight at the tv screen. At first, no one moves but eventually Jacob sits to the right of me and Jay sit to the left of me. I can tell Jay wants to say something but I shush him and watch the movie.
"Smooth." Jacob whispers in my ear.
"I'm always smooth."
"Ya right." He scoffs.
"What are we whispering about?" Jay joins in on the whispering. I'm saved from having to respond because Rina tells us to be quiet.
We sat and watched the rest of the movie in an awkward silence. How fun... Not.
<><><><><>
"Mira I just wanna talk." Jay said through the door. After the movie ended, Jay had tried to corner me and talk. Since I was so good at confrontation, I immediately ran up to Jacob's room and locked the door.
"Jacob make him go away!"
"No!" He yelled back.
"Please? Pretty please?"
When there was no response, I decided to go to the last resort.
"I didn't want it to come to this but Jacob Lee... I can't remember your last name... I command you to make Jay leave! You have to now because you're my bitch for the day."
"How do you know my middle name but not my last name?" Was his response.
"I don't know. Just make him leave." I stomp my foot like a little kid.
I hear a sigh and then footsteps walking away. I relaxed and leaned against the door. A few seconds later, someone knocked.
"Jacob I told you to make him go away!" I whine.
"It's Mira."
"Oh, ok. Are you alone?"
"Yes."
I unlocked the door and opened it enough for her to squeeze in.
"You look miserable." She told me.
"Gee, thanks."
"No problem."
"Did he leave?" I ask.
"Yea Jacob kicked him out."
"Good."
"Sooo" she wiggled her eyebrows at me and smirked. I covered my ears with my hands and said 'LaLaLa'
"Relax we won't talk about it." She said and pried my hands off my ears.

"You're a wuss." Jacob said when we went back downstairs.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"Do you want me to stay?" Rina asked, smiling at her phone.
"Who are you ditching us for?"
"No one."
I glare at her and she finally gives in. "Fine, Matt texted me asking if I could hang out."
"Okie dokie but I'll be at your house around 7. We have..." I glance at Jacob and smile evilly "matters to discuss."
"What?" Jacob asks, oblivious. Rina knows what I mean and nods with a small smirk forming.
"See you then."
She leaves and I sit back on the couch.
"And then there were two." Jacob sighs.
"Let's go to the park" I randomly decide.
"Why?"
"Because I wanna swing."
"Do I have a choice?"
"Nope,"
"Ugh, alright let's go."
Jacob stands up but I continue sitting. He raises and eyebrow at me and gestures to the front door. I hold up my arms and say "Carry me."
"Hell no."
"Hell yes."
"Fine." He mutters and lifts me off the couch.
"This is fun."
"Not for me."
"Oh just shush and carry me."
---
'Sup biotchs'
I giggled and quickly typed a response.
"I didn't carry you to the park so you could laugh at your phone the entire time." Jacob complained and snatched my phone from me.
"But it's Hannah and Liz. I haven't talked to them in forever and we're in a group text. Will you please give me permission to text my friends?" I poured and bag my eyelashes.
"Who the hell are Hannah and Liz?"
"Remember the day we met, when Rina accidental threw food at you?"
"Yes?"
"Remember the two girls that were with us?"
"Nope."
"Well, there were two other girls with us that day. They're my tow other best friends. I don't see or talk to them often. Will you please let me text them"
"Fine." Jacob sighed and handed back my phone.
I continued to text but stopped when I saw how bored Jacob looked.
'Brb' i texted and put my phone away. I grabbed Jacob's hand and pulled him up.
"Let's go on the slide." I drag him towards the giant playground.
"You're such a child. I'm not going on that thing."
"You know you wanna."
"You're right, I do."

And that's how I spent the next two hours, swinging and going down slides with Jacob. I'd say it was a pretty good Sunday afternoon. To bad we have school tomorrow. Ugh, I hate school it ruins my happy mood. After that, Jacob and I went to Skyline for chili and then headed home.
When I got out my phone, I was surprised at how many texts I had.
'Hellooo? Are you there mira'
'We've decided we're hanging out on Friday night.'
"Text us when you return to planet earth'
'We know u ain't that popular so whatcha doing'
'Stop ignoring us woman!'
'Answer the damn phone'
There were tons more but I was too lazy to read them.
Can't hang Friday its game day. I tell them.
H- Why not?
Me-I gotta kick Cameron's butt
L-ugh jerk
H-how bout on Saturday
Me- sounds good
Me-is Rina in the convo?
L-no I heard u weren't talking
Me-we made up I'll tell her about Saturday
H- who's house
Me- mine come @ 5ish
L-see you then bae

"What are you all smiley about?" Jacob asked, causing me to jump.
"I forgot you were here." I admit.
"I'm hurt." He replies dryly.
"I'm going out with friends on Saturday."
"Going out somewhere or staying at someone's house?"
"What an odd question. We'll probably just sleep over somewhere."
"Perfect." He said with an odd smile. I checked the time and saw that it was 6:53.
"Ok then? Anyway, you should probably go, Rina will be over soon."
"I thought you were going over to her house."
"I'm too lazy so I texted her to tell her to come over here instead."
"Nice. Do you need a ride to school tomorrow?"
"Nah Rina can take me."
"K see you tomorrow. Text Jay."
"Doubtful."
He glared at me before getting up and leaving. A few seconds later, he popped his head back in.
"By the way, my last name is Taylor" he said before leaving again. Jacob Lee Taylor.

A few minutes later, Rina burst into the room.
"Ready for our next prank?" She laughed evilly and sat down on the bed next to me.
"Is it mean to prank them before they pranked us back from last time?"
"Not at all. This is how we are gonna win the war. Duh." She said with a roll of her eyes.
"Well ok then, let's get to work."

Two and a half hours later, we had our next three pranks planned. I know, we're overachievers.
The first one we were gonna wait until next weekend to do it. It was a simple but good prank. We were gonna print off a ton of pictures of our faces and tape them on everything in each of their room. It would be spectacular. First, we just needed to find the right picture and go buy enough paper for it. I would take lots and lots of printing and and taping. It'll be amazing. Until then, we just have to avoid getting caught in one of their pranks.