Prologue

Vote and comment to let me know if you like thissss!! It's short, but it's only the prologue! Candice Accola on the side, who plays the main girl Kelsey Ross

___________________________________________

Kelsey's POV:

"I have cancer, Kelsey. The doctor said I only have a few weeks left. I-I'm so sorry, darling."

My heart fell into my stomach as I made sense of my mother's words. She had cancer, and she was dying. The thought of that just sent shivers down my spines, but it accompanied an onslaught of tears to my eyes. My mother, my only living relative, my hero, was dying. She was going to be gone, leaving me alone in the world that I didn't know how to live in without her being there, guiding me along.

As I looked at her, my blue eyes full of tears, I slowly shook my head. "N-No. Y-You're kidding, right? This is a joke?" She remained silent. "You c-can't leave me!"

Mom gave me a small smile full of sadness, pulling me in for a hug as her arms wrapped around my body and her chin rested on top of my head. "Please, darling, I need you to not cry," she whispers. "You're going to be just fine without me."

I shook my head again, pulling away to look at her. "What am I going to do?" I ask quietly, bottom lip quivering.

Mom bites her bottom lip. "I've arranged something for you."

I frown. "What?"

"I have a friend who lives in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, in England," she begins. "She has a son who's your age, and we're arranged you two to... To get married."

I wrench myself away from her, my body jerking back as my eyes widened in horror. Did I hear her right? Me? To get married? A freaking arranged marriage to a boy that I don't even know? How could that possibly ever work out?

"Mom, are you crazy?" I exclaim. "I'm only nineteen! I can't get married. That's--that's insane!"

"Of course you can, sweetie," she says. "I got married when I was twenty and your father was twenty one. You're gonna be fine. Plus, you two would look so good together."

"That's not the point, Mom," I tell her exhasperatedly. "You're having me marry some guy I don't even know. I want to marry someone that I actually love, much less like. I don't want to marry this dude; whoever the hell he may be."

Mom sighs. "Please, Kelsey," she says. "I want to leave this earth knowing that you're in good hands. He's going to take such good care of you. And who knows? Maybe you'll learn to love him."

As much as I didn't want this, I knew I couldn't do anything about it. I always did what Mom told me to, because it was what was best. She was always looking out for me, because that's what moms do. She took great care of me. And if she says that this is her dying wish - no matter how much that saddens me - I know I have to go with it. The absolute last thing I want to do is disappoint my mother before she... left.

"Fine," I sigh. "At least tell me what's the guy's name."

A smile spreads across my mom's face, and I know it's not gonna be good. "Harry Styles."