Graduate Early

Tabitha

I wake up to find a rose on my pillow. I grin then pull on my blue shirt with white stripes then my skinny jeans. I hurry and brush my hair throwing my make up on then grab the rose running it out to my mom's car. I put it in her seat then jump in my truck and head to school. Sure she'll think she has a man interested. So maybe she'll start dressing up some for work instead of wearing those floppy clothes. I don't have to work today and Will's busy with his family after six so I have to find something to do. We walk in together bur Jared watches us. I know he wants me to leave Will and honestly the more I'm with him I've realized he's really not right for me but I'm giving him a chance. I jump on his back as we go to our lockers. That's when the suits came in with the principal.

Who are they here for?

I don't know...

People whisper as they walk over to Jared taking him to the office so I get down and start grabbing my things when I get tapped on the shoulder. I look at them but they request my presence in the office as well. I look at Will then Erik who both shrug so I walk in I see Jared at a desk working on something.

What's going on?

After briefly talking I learn they're from the educational board and they're here to test us early. I sit down and take their tests. I finish before Jared making him frown. I give it to the older man who sits down with a book and he grades it. He looks at me and grins then hands my papers to his partner. They nod at each other then sign another paper before our principal signs it. I walk out and wait for Jared to finish in another room. After he finish they grade his and do the same thing. He looks at me but I'm just at confused as him.

Any idea what this is about?

He asks but I shrug.

No it's like taking the ACT and SAT all over again.

Then they have us come back into the principal's office.

Well let us be the first to congratulate you both. You're officially graduated from high school. Here are your diplomas you may continue your college courses or you can switch them to online courses if you prefer.

Jared hugs me but I don't understand.

Why only us?

I ask still confused.

You know why. This means we can go to Paris now! We don't have to wait!

Jared insist so I giggle being excited to be going with him. That's why they came. John wants us to start our traveling. We walk to our lockers collecting our things then walk from class to class turning our books in. We walk in fitness and Will looks at us but notices right away that we're not dressed out as we go to talk to Mr. Kohl's showing him our diplomas.

Well that's great congratulations to both of you. Well miss you both.

This catches the attention of the class.

Where are you going?

Mike asks

They're going to Paris.

Amber pops off before we can answer but Will looks at us angrily so I look at Jared.

You're going to Paris to?

He chuckles raising his brow questioningly.

Uh yeah. All the top models are. I thought you knew?

I grin and look at Amber but see Will looking at Jared unhappy.

That's not what we were going to say. We both just graduated and I guess for business purposes we will be traveling. Apparently together and school would be lost in the shuffle so we graduated... Today. We were just tested and passed.