Grounded

Tabitha

Will drops me off and I feel okay but I still miss Erik. I shower then put on his skirt. I know it doesn't do me any good but I can't hold him and it's all I have. I put my ring away and hold the bear he won me at the carnival as I cry. Soon I get hot so I open the window. Then my phone chimes.

How are you?

Bradley messages but I cry and squeeze my bear to me.

Sad

I message back.

What happened?

I cry as message again.

You wouldn't understand. I can't do this tonight. Goodbye.

Don't go, let me help. Are you crying?

I walk over to my window and sit there crying into my bear when someone grabs me so I jump but he pulls me to him.

Erik!

He pulls me tight.

Please stop crying it's killing me.

I don't know what to say or do at first.

Will said you'd come for me if you loved me.

I hug him, kissing him as he pulls me to him.

Tabby, I have a plan but you have to be willing to change schools when you turn eighteen.

I look at him as he looks at me pleadingly.

O-kay...

I say slowly, half smiling.

Okay then. The week of your birthday you'll move in with me and we'll register you at another local school.

Why can't I switch now and we can stay together?

I ask but he frowns.

Because I'm not hiding you for a month and you have to live a normal life.

I kiss him pulling him to me excited that he's coming for me. I walk back to my window ready to climb in when he pulls me to him.

I do choose you. It's the laws and the school that's stopping me. You know that right? I'm here and I'm not leaving you. I'm just waiting until I can have you.

I pull away and grin.

Are you sure you're coming back for me?

What should I do beg you everyday and night or fight your brother for your hand or should I just quit teaching and marry you then figure out how to live later? Tell me Tabby because I've considered it all.

I don't know but you sure haven't been here. All I've seen is you ignoring me and telling me we can't be together.

He huffs

Well it's not like I see you trying either with all those distractions you have in your life.

He refers to Tanner and Will.

Oh excuse me for having friends it's not like I'm screwing them. Nor do I want to. What am I supposed to do walk in to school with my feelings on my sleeve for everyone to see?

He huffs with irritation.

No but showing you feel something instead of acting like I don't exist would be nice. You're not a robot, you shouldn't block your feelings it'll just hurt you in the end.