Old Friends

Tabitha

I wake up and at first I'm startled to find Erik sleeping next to me. I go to the bathroom then curl up to him, he twitches and turns toward me pulling me to him so I snuggle in and close my eyes but then he starts talking.

Mmm, I love baby.

He says and I freeze. Is he awake or not? Should I reply? Am I ready for that? He mumbles then so I know he's sleeping. But that doesn't change the fact that he just said he loves me does it? I try to find out if he's talking to me in his sleep.

So who do you love baby?

He mumbles something then starts talking again.

Anything for you baby. You know I love you.

I giggle making him twitch.

Oh Erik say my name when you say it.

He looks down at me but I quickly realize he woke up so I close my eyes and pretend to be talking in my sleep.

What am I telling you baby?

I mumble to throw him off and he huffs.

I'll tell you something. I love that you're different and I feel I can trust you even after everything I've gone through but I hate that I don't know how you feel. It sucks that we only had the end of summer together. You know what else I should tell you but I won't... You've made me love you. For the first time I could see myself happy as long as I have you. But I can't tell you that. It's way to soon and I know it. However, you are sleeping.

He hesitate and I wiggle closer feeling excited hearing him declare his love for me. But then he gives me what I asked for.

I love you Tabitha.

He kisses my forehead and I can't help myself. I twitch then blink and look up at him.

His eyes widen as I look at him.

What time is it baby?

He grins then looks over

3:36

I want him now and after that I need him. I kiss him pulling him to me and he quickly grabs a condom. Afterwards we lay together and I snuggle into his side then look up kissing him goodnight, again. 

******

I still wake up early so I decide to make breakfast. I pull out the eggs, bacon and biscuits then make homemade gravy with sausage in it.

Breakfast is ready!

I start to pull the biscuits from the oven when Erik walks in and hugs me while I close the oven door holding the buscuits.

Good morning beautiful.

He says kissing me as I set the biscuits down.

Look at you. Little miss Betty homemaker.

He teases making me laugh.

Get you a plate. I made plenty for everyone.

He chuckles.

I know. I watched you make it.

I didn't see him or I wouldn't have been singing.

You know you never told me why you don't like people to hear you sing.

I groan.

I never told you because I can't sing. Now let's just eat. I have to get to work soon you know.