Doing For Myself

Tabitha

I get up and get ready for school wearing my blue jeans that hug my butt and my green t-shirt. I pull my hair up into a ponytail. I fix my makeup and head out to school. When I pull in I see Maddie making out with Luke and Tanner making out with Amber but Marissa's sitting to the side with a scowl on face so I decide to walk with Will. Tanner needs to stick to one girl and I won't be one of his minions. I get out as Will looks at me then walks over. You just brightened this cloudy day. I laugh wrapping my arm around him for the first time grabbing his belt loop as he grins wrapping up his arm over my shoulder then walk to Tanner's locker which is next to Erik's class but I don't see him so I quickly try to make plans before he shows up.

So after school I have a couple hours to kill before I go out with JC do you want to take the trucks out? I know you don't have a truck Tanner so you're welcome to ride with me.

Will grins.

Or me.

He suggest but Tanner frowns.

You guys would pick today. I have shit to do with my parents and who's JC?

I snicker.

He's a friend from college. He's been asking me out for a couple years now. He wanted to take me out before I looked like this. Unlike some people.

I look at Tanner who scoffs but Will chuckles knowing I know about his secret crush. I look over and see Erik who's standing at his door just feet from us watching the hallway. I hate that Erik may have heard us, but oh well. Will and I go to our lockers and I grab all my things for first and second period. After class I grab my outfit and go to change passing Erik but ignore him.
Fitness is a hoot and watching the guys try to hold themselves up without sliding off the pole is funny. Even Mr. Kohl tries and falls.

Okay Tabitha show us some moves we can learn and some we can't.

I do some a basic spinner moves for them which he approves. Then I do some fancier moves. I pull myself up curling around the pole turning and twisting then sliding down and spinning. I flip myself upside down, grabbing the pole with my legs while I reach back grabbing my feet. Then I grab the pole by my knees and near the floor doing the splits on the pole as I spin myself to land on my feet facing them.

Yeah, we're not doing that and don't do it again.

I laugh but the guys stay silent while Amber giggles. Then he tells us to start on our exercises. That's when I notice Jared doing push ups and decide to torture him like he's always done me so I lay on him but he just looks at me so I squint at him.

I don't think you can do twenty with me on your back.

He puffs then continues doing them.

What are you a whole hundred and twenty pounds? I don't think you can do twenty sit ups.

Mr. Kohl hears him challenge me and walks over as I scoff looking at the pull up bar that Mike is using.

I don't do normal sit ups they're to easy. I need elevation and thanks for calling me fat.

Mr. Kohl speaks up then.

Jared you made the challenge so you can hold her. Or, are you not strong enough?

We both look at him wide eyed.

Fine Jared you hold me but I'm not stopping at twenty I'm doing all fifty. I don't do anything halfway.

He agrees as I step over to him and he lifts me up. It feels weird having his hands on my bottom but I lock my legs and tell him to put his hands up. Mr. Kohl's makes everyone else get back to their exercises then counts my reps while I punch Jared's hands. At fifty I wrap my arms around his neck and hop down.