Sorry

SARAH'S POV-

"Thank you Officers," I told the policemen as they got into their car. I peered into the backseat and saw Dan's face glaring at me. I waved at him smugly and laughed to myself a little. I think I still had adrenaline running around my body. 

I walked to the ambulance that had arrived where they were checking up on my mum. Abi was sat on the steps. I put my arms around her.

"How're you doing?" I ask her.

"I'm fine, just a few bruises here and there. Thank you for coming for me," she says looking up at me. I stroke a strand of hair behind her ear.

"No problem. I told you I was going to be there whenever you needed me," I tell her. Her face lights up.

"Does that mean you'll be moving back?!" She asks excitedly. I turn around and look at my mum. She'd heard Abi's question. She gave a nod and a small smile before turning her attention back to the nurse.

"Of course I will," I tell my little sister. She squeals in delight and I realise how much I've missed having her around. Eventually mum is finished with the nurses and everyone leaves. We walk back into the house and I take Abi to bed as my mum attempts to clean a bit of the house.  

"You can go to sleep safely now. No need to be worried," I tell Abi as she snuggles into the covers. She yawns as I leave her room.

"I love you Sarah," she whispers.

"I love you more," I whisper back. I slowly shut her door and make my way down to the living room. The whole place is a mess. There's a broken lamp on the floor, the furniture is askew. 

Mum walks over to the corner and picks something up off the floor. I walk over and have a look. 

It's a picture of the whole family. Me, Abi, my mum and dad. The glass has cracked, half hanging off. 

I hear my mum sniffling.

"I'm so sorry," she sobs. I take the picture off her and place it back where it belongs. I wrap my arms around her and guide her to sit on the couch. She still cries into my shoulder.

"Shhhh," I tell her as I stroke her hair.

"I really am sorry. He threatened me, by saying that he would hurt you girls if I left him," she says bringing more sobs out.

"You should've just gone to the police mum," I tell her, tears forming in y eyes at the thought of all the pain she's been through.

"I know that. But there was some horrible part of me that actually loved him," she says, wiping her eyes.

"I know how that feels," I smile at her sympathetically. 

She giggles quietly.

"Not a good trip then?"

"Not exactly," I say. 

We go up to bed but instead of sleeping in my empty room I pull back the covers of my mums bed and slide in next to her. We spend the whole night talking, catching up. About Harry, about Abi and about college. We laugh and we cry but I'd never felt happier.