College

SARAH'S POV- 

The next morning came around and Anna said I could lend some of her clothes for college. I didn't have any of my class books so I'll just have to blag my way through all my lessons. 

I lent a pair of distressed leggings and a black tank top from Anna but wore my converse from last night. I put some sunglasses on to hide my puffy eyes and pulled my hair into a high bun. Anna let me lend some of her makeup too.

"I owe you more than I could possibly give you back," I tell her as we walk to the bus stop.

"It's what friends are for," he grins back at me, taking my hand in hers. She swings it around wildly making me giggle. It made me think though. I hadn't heard from Layla for ages, I thought she would be here for me but she's not. I'll have to ask her in college today, maybe we could meet up.

In my first lesson I sat daydreaming in the corner of the room but something snapped me out of it. One of the girls across from me was reading a magazine and the cover caught my eye.

"Hey could I have a look at that," I ask her which to she looks at me wearily before handing it to me. I look closely at the front cover. The title read, 'Styles is a two girl boy. One in England, one in New York. Harry and Sarah's tragic breakup.' I had to read it a few times, panic striking my heart. 

I turned to the double page spread staring at the pictures. One was of Harry and Lara, his arm around her shoulder and hers around his waist. They're laughing and joking with each other. Then there's another picture of them both kissing. I gasp but then stare at the picture closer. I search for Harry's tattoo on his arm he got over the summer but it wasn't there. This picture was taken when Lara and Harry were in their 'relationship.' I sighed a breath of relief and looked at the other page. It was covered with a picture of my face from last night. Tears were pouring down my face, and my hair was in my eyes. I looked a mess! The caption read 'Sarah after finding out the news.'

I quickly read the captions and the press had thought that that was why I was crying yesterday. They'd just assumed we'd broken up when they didn't know anything. 

One thing stuck in my mind though. The new pictures of Harry and Lara and the statements that said they spent most of their time together whilst in New York. There were other pictures of them together too, laughing at each other. The thought made me sick. The thought that she could hear him laugh when I couldn't.

"Thanks," I tell the girl, giving her magazine back. I try and choke down the tears but its no use. I burst into tears just as the lesson ends so I rush out of there and straight into the toilets.

Straight into Layla.

"Sarah are you alright?" She asks me.

"No!" I cry, running into a cubicle. I hear her lean against the other side of the door.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Everything," I mutter, feeling weak. "Will you come shopping with me today?" I ask. 

She hesitates.

"I err can't. I'm sorry. I'm busy," she mumbles before I hear her feet walk away. That sets me off crying again and I wait in the toilets until I calm down.