Lara's POV

LARA'S POV-

"Hey babe, we're thinking of going out tonight, you coming?" Zayn walked in and asked me.

"Of course," I grin at him and then walk to the bedroom. I'd been looking forward to going out again. Watching the boys working and rehearsing all day is really boring and I needed a good night out. 

I pulled out my new purple velvet dress and slipped it on. I added a black and silver ring Zayn had bought me that had now become a favourite of mine. I also wore a black bracelet to match. Then I slipped my knee high black boots on and my leather jacket. I plumped my hair up and grabbed my bag, ready to go. 

I walked back into the living room and Zayn stood up to look at me. He'd changed into smart skinny jeans and a denim shirt. He'd quiffed his hair slightly and shaved his facial hair. He looked pretty handsome.

"You look beautiful," he tells me.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself," I kiss him. And it felt nice, to have that kind of a relationship for once. 

We made our way to the club, everyone laughing and joking and I actually joined in. I made jokes and made everyone laugh, enjoying myself. 

When we arrived we piled out of the car, into a crowd of paparazzi. I clung onto Zayn's arms happily and walked inside, finding a table. Once we were seated with our drinks a few of the boys went around mingling so that left me, Harry, and Louis sat at the table.

I felt Harry's phone buzz on the table. He grabs it and looks at the message. A huge grin appears on his face. "Is that Sarah?" Louis asks his friend.

"Yeah, she's making sure I'm having a good time," he smirks at Louis.

"How is she?" I blurt out. It was so unexpected. I don't care, or do I?

"She's as good as she can be right now. She doesn't get on with her family, especially her step dad," Harry tells me openly.

"Where's her dad?" I ask without thinking. Harry gulps and looks at his phone.

"He died," he says quietly. 

I don't know why but I could feel tears fill my eyes. I tried to wipe them away but it just didn't work and soon they were pouring down my face.

"I'm sorry," I tell the boys before making my way out the back door to the garden for smokers. Luckily there was no-one out here. I sat on a bench and let myself feel guilty. 

Soon I felt someone tap my shoulder. Zayn plonked himself down next to me. I looked at him, the tears still staining my face. But Zayn didn't say anything. Instead he wrapped his arms round me and pulled onto his knee. I leant my head on his shoulder and started sobbing again.

"I never even knew. I never bothered to ask her," I cried.

"It's okay, you weren't to know," Zayn reassures me. 

I pull away from him and he wipes my eyes.

"I'm sorry with how I've been lately. I promise I'll try and be a better girlfriend," I tell him sincerely. He chuckles at me.

"But you're perfect," he says. Then he kisses me properly. And I kiss him back. Because I'm starting to enjoy it.