"No, it's stone dead. The signal's alive. Something's reaching out, calling for help." The Doctor placed his hand lightly on the display case, just as sirens began to wail in the distance.

Armed guards rush in from all sides and cut us off from the Tardis.

"If someone's collecting aliens, that makes you Exhibit A." Rose muttered.

The armed guards gestured to the hallway, silently telling us to start walking. We obeyed, and the guards followed behind us, leading us to an office.

A few moments later, a man with dark brown hair and a cheeky grin entered. He was followed by a woman with light ginger hair and a younger bloke with brown hair. The young bloke began to show the cheeky one different items.

"I have three items for you today, Mr. Van Statten." He announced. "This first one, we only paid one hundred for." It was a small, metallic finger.

"Is that from the cyberman we saw earlier?" I whispered. The Doctor nodded.

"The second one, we paid one hundred thousand for." It was a belt and every time Van Statten pressed a button on it, the whole thing glitched.

"And this is the last. Paid eight hundred thousand dollars for it." It was a small metallic object with tubes on the side.

"What does it do?" Van Statten asked.

"Well, you see the tubes on the side? It must be to channel something. I think maybe fuel." The bloke answered.

"I wouldn't hold it like that." The Doctor interrupted.

"Shut it." The ginger woman ordered.

"Really, though, that's wrong." I agreed.

"Is it dangerous?" The bloke asked.

"No." The Doctor replied.

"It just looks silly." I added.

The Doctor reached for the item and firing bolts clicked all around him. Van Statten handed the curved, palm sized object to the Doctor.

"You just need to be-" He started, stroking the artefact as it made a note. "Delicate." He concluded. He continued to play several notes and handed it to me. I stroked the item, smiling gently as it began to play different notes.

"It's a musical instrument." Van Statten announced.

"Well, aren't you the clever one." I muttered, causing the Doctor to smirk at me.

"It's a long way from home." He explained to the others, gesturing to the musical instrument.

"Here, let me." Van Statten snatched the instrument from my grasp. His touch was much more rough and sounds that were not as nice came from the instrument.

"I did say delicate. It reacts to the smallest fingerprint. It needs precision." The Doctor reminded him.

Eventually, he started to get the hang of it.

"Very good. Quite the expert." The Doctor commented.

"As are you two." Van Statten casually tossed the instrument aside, onto the floor. "Who exactly are you two?"

"I'm the Doctor, she's Jordyn. And who are you?"

"Like you don't know. We're hidden away with the most valuable collection of extra-terrestrial artefacts in the world, and you just stumbled in by mistake."

"Pretty much sums us up, yeah." I admitted.

"The question is, how did you get in? Fifty three floors down, with your little cat burglar accomplices. You're quite a collector yourself, they're rather pretty." He walked over to Rose. "Especially the blonde one. What's she called?"

"She's going to slap you if you keep calling her she." She warned.

"She's English too! Hey Lord Fauntleroy. Got you a girlfriend." The younger one glance at me. "Oh, not her. She's already got the tall nerdy one. "

I started to giggle at that and the Doctor glared.

"This is Mister Van Statten." The young one introduced.

"And who's he when he's at home?" I asked.

"Mister Van Statten owns the internet."

"Don't be stupid. No one owns the internet." Rose laughed.

"And let's just keep the whole world thinking that way, right kids?" Van Statten interrupted.

"So you're just about an expert in everything except the things in your museum. Anything you don't understand, you lock up." The Doctor concluded.

"And you claim greater knowledge?"

"I don't need to make claims. I know how good I am."

"He really is that good." I agreed.

"And yet, I captured you. Right next to the Cage. What were you doing down there?" Van Statten asked.

"You tell me." The Doctor replied.

"The cage contains my one living specimen."

"And what's that?" I asked, suddenly interested.

"Like you don't know."

"Show us." The Doctor ordered.

"You want to see it?"

"Blimey, you can smell the testosterone." Rose remarked, making me giggle.

"Goddard, inform the Cage we're heading down. You, English. Look after the girls. Go and canoodle or spoon or whatever it is you British do. And you, Doctor with no name, come and see my pet."

"Not without Jordyn."

Van Statten stopped in his tracks. "What?"

"What?" I stared wide eyed at the Doctor.

"What?" Rose watched the two of us.

"You heard me, now come on, before I change my mind." I ran ahead, following Van Statten out the door, feeling just as shocked as everyone else in that room.

A/N Should I do a Halloween chapter? It wouldn't be canon, but should I?