Parker Stevens; Chapter Nineteen

Beginne am Anfang

                “Okay, I get that you’re an idiot and all, but you realize that the way you’re gripping my arm is called harassment, right?” I said, cocking my head to the side. A low rumble escaped from his mouth. Did he just...growl? My eyes widened and he took a step towards me, his teeth clenched and a ragged breath coming through them.

                “Shut. Up,” He hissed. I gulped loudly at his words and ran my free and across my mouth like a zipper, then threw away the ‘key.’ “I don’t want you to be pranking him anymore, alright? He’s been through enough this past year for you to come and fucking ruin his happiness even more. Just- stop. I get that you’re trying to defend your honour or some bullshit like that, but Parker just lost his dad two years ago and was living on the streets until my mom found him again. His mom left him when he was younger when he was a kid because she was a drug addict, get it now? He’s had a hard life and I don’t need your parading around trying to ruin him, because, Grace, he’s already be in ruins. And you know how I know that you’re not going to tell anyone about that? Because you like him and you don’t want to see him hurt.”

                “I don’t like him!” I yelled shrilly, trying to replay everything that he just said to me in my head. None of it made any sense. How could such he be such an asshole with a past like that?

                “Just shut up!” He yelled back causing me to flinch. I complied once again swallowing the sharp lump in my throat.

                “I know what I’m talking about okay? He’s my cousin. I would think I would know him pretty well. And even though I don’t really know you, Grace, you haven’t given any other guy the attention that you’ve given Parker. Apparently you liked me, and I’ve only talk to you, what? Four or five times in my entire life? You’ve been going out of your way to prank him, Grace. And this,” He motioned to my outfit and face, “I don’t know what the hell you’re doing, but just stop. Before you ruin yourself.” His eyes were pleading at me, telling me to stop.

                But I couldn’t.

                I ripped my arm from his grip, which had loosened considerably since he first grabbed it, and took a step closer so our chests were almost touching. I went on my tippy toes, which wasn’t easy in heels, and leant up to his ear.

                “Fuck. Off.” I whispered before dropping down to my normal height in the heels.

                “Please.” He pleaded one last time. Fear was clear in his eyes.

                He’s afraid of what I’m going to do.

                “Teagan, it’s my business to deal with. Let me talk to her.” A male voice suddenly spoke. We both jumped, as we were in such an intense conversation, and then looked over at the interrupter. I sighed and ran a hand over my face.

                Parker stood there looking a little pale as he looked at us, his hand shaking a bit. God, he was really scared of spiders.

                “But you-” Teagan started but Parker cut him off.

                “It’s my business.” He said in a cool tone even though he was still quite shaken up obviously.

                “Fine!” Teagan huffed, sounding like an immature child before he stepped away from me, frowning. He then walked over to Parker, said something in his ear and then gave me another pleading look. I shook my head, looking over at the wall beside me.