“Nah, she went to sleep.” I looked away. I felt like I was talking to my father.

“Oh, well, when she wakes up tomorrow, I’d like to introduce myself. I suppose you’re going to be spending more time with the girl?” He stared at me.

I smirked. “No, I just went through all of this just to kick her to the curb.” I fought the urge to roll my eyes, the sarcasm dripping with each word I spoke.

“It wouldn’t be the first time.” He smartly replied and instantly I froze, my eyes turning into sleets.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I spat.

Bruce shrugged. “Just what I said.”

I was just about to retaliate when someone interrupted.

“Is she hot?” I turned my head to see Marcus staring at me with wide curious eyes.

I chuckled. Leave it to Marcus to make a joke out of an awkward situation. “What kind of question is that?”

“A normal one.” He shrugged. “I can’t have my boy dating an ugly chick, now can I?” He arched a brow.

I laughed. “I guess not.”

He laughed as well, syncing in with mine. “Then answer the question.”

Right when I was going to answer him, I was cut short once again before I could even get a word in.

“Who’s hot?” I looked up to see Kayla sauntering her way into the living area.

Everyone went quiet as she merely stood there, her red pumps matching with the lipstick she had on her lips. Shifting her weight to one hip, she pressed her hand there. “Well?” Her eyes scanned us all before landing on me.

“No one.” I spat, sending her the message that it was none of her God damn business.

She scoffed, flicking a strand of hair behind her shoulder. “I’m a part of this crew. I think I have the right to know who you’re talking about--”

“Not if it’s not about you, you don’t.” I hissed, “and even if it had to do with you,” I smirked. “We still won’t tell you.” I faked a smile. “So, scram.”

She narrowed her eyes, her lips pursing. “Don’t talk to me like that.”

“I can speak to you however the hell I want, bitch.” I hissed, my voice dropping down to a cold tone.

She looked around the room, looking for someone to have her back. Much to her dismay, Bruce kept quiet as well as the other guys. They knew not to get involved and they certainly knew that bro’s over hoe’s is the way to go especially when it came to Kayla.

She scoffed in disbelief. “Real nice guys. I see you’re all still up his ass as usual.” She shook her head.

“Get used to it Kayla and don’t talk to them that way if you know what’s good for you.” I stared coldly into her eyes, showing her that I meant business and I wasn’t afraid to hurt her.

I could kick her to the curb if I wanted to and she knew that but she still liked to play her stupid little games.

“Oh really?” She arched a brow.

When I nodded, she laughed viciously. “Then I guess you won’t be needing what you sent me for.” She smirked.

I scrunched my face up in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“Bruce knows what I’m talking about. Don’t you?” She batted her eyelashes fakingly in his direction.

His face contorted into realization once he thought about it. “You got the shipment?”