Chapter 18

“Kelsey Anne, get up! You’re going to be late for school!” My mom shuffled into the room, her high pitched voice ringing in my ear drums annoyingly.

I groaned, shifting to my side. “No.” I mumbled, digging my head into my pillow, hoping to drown her out.

I was not in the mood to deal with the kids at my school, Carly’s questions or the boring teachers. I just wanted to sleep being that I had absolutely none at all since my countless encounters with Danger a-k-a Justin.

“Kelsey!” She yelled, pulling the blanket away from my body, revealing me to the cold air that surrounded my room.

That didn’t work out too much.

“Five more minutes, please.” I muttered, taking my pillow and stuffing it on top of my head.

Maybe now she’ll leave me alone.

“Kelsey!” She pulled the pillow away, whacking me with it.

Or not…

“Jesus, mom!” I snapped my body up, annoyed and tired as hell. “I’m up!” I spat, rubbing at my eyes.

“Don’t you dare use Jesus’ name in vain!” She screeched in a high-pitched voice.

I merely rolled my eyes. I am all up for preaching Jesus’ name and staying loyal to my religion but holy damn, my mom can take it to a whole other level.

“You should be ashamed of yourself, Kelsey Anne.” She continued on with her rant while shaking her head, muttering incoherent words under her breath. “Get dressed and hurry up, we don’t have all day.”

“I need to take a shower first mom.” I stood on my feet, ready to go into the bathroom when she stopped me from walking any further.

“No, you will not. Dennis and I do not have time for you to take an hour long shower. We have to go or we’ll all be late just because your irresponsible self couldn’t go to bed on time.” She pointed a finger at me. “Watch your face, brush your teeth, dress up and come downstairs.”

“But mom, I didn’t take a shower since the night--”

“You got caught sneaking back into the house?” She faked a smile. “Yeah, well that’s not my fault. No one told you to be forgetful or careless.” She began walking away. “Oh and don’t think you’re off the hook yet young lady. I want you to come to come home right after school. Got it?”

“Yeah, whatever.” I mumbled, looking away.

She sighed, not wanting to start another argument. “I better see you ready and out the door by the time I put the things in the car.”

I waved a hand behind me dismissively in her direction while walking into the bathroom. Once I heard the soft click of the door closing behind my mom, I let out an annoyed shriek.

I love my mom but she can be so god damn controlling and annoying sometimes. It’s driving me nuts.

Turning on the faucet to the sink, I splashed my face, washing it before brushing my teeth and then drying my face and mouth with a towel. Running a brush through my hair, I cursed my life--it looked disgusting. Thank God it wasn’t oily though. It didn’t look half as bad as I thought it did but overall it wasn’t the most appealing. Throwing it up into a messy bun, I exited the bathroom.

Walking into my closet, I pursed my lips, wondering what I was going to wear. Deciding on a simple pair of black skinny jeans, white thick-strapped tank top and a plaid red and black button down, I slipped on a pair of flats to complete the look before searching around for my bag.