Chapter 22 ~ Lights

Enjoy!

PS. I just realised this is now based in 2016

---------------------------------------------

Regionals had arrived for the New Directions and everyone was nervous.

"Did I mentor Nellie enough for her to amazing for this solo?" Ryley stresses to Ryder.

"Babe, calm yourself." Ryder says, grabbing her shoulders.

"Calm yo' farm, woman." Marley says. Ryley glares at her and Marley smirks.

Ryley looks back at Ryder and speaks with stress in her voice, "What happens if the New Directions lose and it's because Nellie was too flat? It could be all my fault and I don't want to have all the blame on my shoulders..." Ryley rambles on, speaking nonsense.

Ryder looks at her, confused by all her words in her rambling as she is talking very quickly. He then thinks of the one thing that can calm her down; he kisses her to shut her up. He feels her relax into the kiss.

"Stop the PDA, please. Your cuteness and adorableness sickens me." Santana says, entering the room.

Ryley leaves Ryder's lips and rest her head in Ryder's chest, "Sorry Santana."

----------------------------------------------

"Nellie, you can do this." Ryley says, attempting to give Nellie a pep talk.

"You're bad at pep talks." Nellie says with a slight snort that was supposed to start a laugh.

"I know." Ryley says with a smile.

"You've been on in two musicals in the last couple of months. You mentored be with all your talent and I know I can do this. All thanks to you, Ryley." Nellie says with a smile.

"Break a leg." Ryley says, still smiling.

Nellie nods with a smile then walks out with the music playing to sing her song.

Can't get you out of my mind

So I, try and get space go outside

But then there you are

Never very far from me here

Try and discuss the simplicity and love of a

Wood burning fire, in front of me

Think of other times

Ignore wishes that you were mine

Bright, bright lights

Spotlight makes it hard to see the stars at night

Everyday has become my stage and

I Feel I have made

One, two, three many mistakes

Lets go the speed of light

So we can stop, stand still in time

Six seventy one million miles an hour we'll run

Exist with our own rules of the world

Where things that happen here aren't told

Cover up with the truth

That I'm not really with you

Bright, bright lights

Spotlight makes it hard to see the stars at night

Everyday has become my stage and

I Feel I have made

One, two, three many mistakes

What is fair in this fake world of reality

I am scared that you'll go home and forget about me

Is it yet windy enough for the city to just blow you away

Have you gathered enough facts for you and I to be okay

If the high road is the road we must take

Well instead I've now decided we don't need roads

We'll float away

We'll float away

We'll float away

Bright, bright lights

Spotlight makes it hard to see the stars at night

Everyday has become my stage and

I Feel I have made

One, two, three many mistakes

The New Directions walk on stage, harmonizing behind Nellie as she sings.

One two three many mistakes

Bright, bright, lights.

The audience cheers for them as Nellie finishes. Ryley feels a sense of pride, knowing that she was the one to help make Nellie sing her solo. Aylin and Charlie lead the New Directions in My Life Would Suck Without You.

Ryley looks at her friends sitting in front of her, Santana, Rachel, Brittany, Finn and Kurt, dancing in their seats and singing along. She guesses they once sung this in Glee Club when they were in the Glee Club. Blaine mustn't have though since he is also looking at them weirdly from his seat next to Kurt.

--------------------------------------------------

The New Directions returned to the stage to find out if they won Regionals or not. Ryley and Marley were so nervous, they were hugging each other already.

"In third place," The judge says, "The Dalton Academy Warblers."

The fresh faced Warblers receive their trophy and leave the stage.

"And the winners of the 2016 Regionals are," The judge opens up the envelope, suspense filling the entire auditorium then he finally speaks, "The McKinley High New Directions."

Ryley and Marley are the first in the audience to stand up and cheer. They're also the loudest and most embarrassing. They start doing a little dance in celebration as everyone else stands up to cheer for the New Directions.

Ryder finally gets out of his seat to cheer from his place next to Ryley and leans over to her to whisper in her ear, "You do know you're really embarrassing?"

"But you still love me." Ryley says with a smile at him.

"I do." Ryder says and pecks her lips.

They watch as the New Directions receive their trophy and hold it up high.

------------------------------------------

Thanks For Reading!

Songs Used:

Lights - Nellie Veitenheimer

Vote!

Comment!