Chapter 28

It's been a few weeks since Vic and I sorted everything out and now it was time for a night filled with perfection.

I pull my suit jacket up over my shoulders, looking at myself in the mirror and smiling.

I sort out my tie and walk over to my bedroom door, grabbing my black and white vans and putting them on, tying the laces, and pulling the bottom of my skinny jeans down.

I stand up and look at myself in the mirror one last time before picking up my phone, checking the time.

7:20pm

Vic should be here any minute now, so I put my phone in my pocket and run my fingers through my hair, leaving my bedroom and walking down the stairs, glad my mom's at Brad's again.

I walk into the kitchen and get a glass of water, taking small sips out of it as I wait for Vic to knock.

I finish my glass of water just as the door knocks, making me smile, I put my glass in the sink and walk over to the dork, opening it with a wide smile on my face.

I look at Vic and smile, discreetly checking him out.

"You look extremely hot" I state, examining his white dress shirt with a black suit jacket, overly tight black skinny jeans and the cutest little bow tie to match.

"Same goes for you" he smiles, reaching down and planting a kiss on my lips. I kiss back quickly before he pulls away. "Sorry I was a little late. My mom wouldn't stop taking pictures and Mike was being an asshole" he chuckled. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"It's all good, babe. Don't worry." I quickly peck his cheek before taking his hand.

Tonight was prom night and of course Vic and I were going together. Who else would we go with? Yes, the whole school will find out about our relationship, but who gave a fuck? We were leaving this shit hole soon enough and moving on with our lives. I couldn't help but smile at the thought though. There we'll be, entering with everyone staring at us, but we'd keep our hands locked together. Nothing could bring us down now. We'd talk with each other, dance together and maybe even kiss each other a bit.

Vic was a little weary at first, as he wasn't even gonna go to start with, but after a bit of convincing he caved in and agreed with me. I couldn't be any happier.

I shut my door behind me and follow Vic to his car. Vic opens the passenger door for me and I send him a smile, getting into the car and putting on my seatbelt.

Vic slams my door shut and jogs around to the other side of the car, climbing into the car quickly and slamming his door shut, putting his seatbelt on and putting his keys in the ignition.

He backs out of my driveway and makes the ten minute drive to the school, we sing along to the shitty songs on the radio and laugh all the way there.

We arrive at school and Vic parks the car, both of us taking a deep breath, Vic climbs out of the car first, shutting his door behind him and walking over to my side, helping me out of the car and slamming the door, locking the car behind him.

I interlock my fingers with his and pull him towards the school, smiling at him and calming him down slightly.

"Come on babe, you'll be okay, no one is going to say anything, because if they do, I am going to kick their asses." I laugh, making him laugh with me.

We soon reach the door and we pause for a moment.

"Just ignore everyone, yeah?" I whisper, turning to Vic. "We're here to have fun. Just us two" he nods a little, giving me a reassuring smile. I smile too, taking his hand again and pushing the doors open.

We walk down the hallways, the few people in them giving us weird looks. I ignore them eaisly, but I just wished I knew how Vic was feeling about all this. Hopefully he was ignoring them too.

We headed towards the music, soon being face to face to the gymnasium door. I take a deep breath before pushing it open. We head in, no one really paying attention to us much. Every so often people gave us a strange and it wasn't until Justin spotted us that most of my friends started watching.

"Hey, kellin!" He called over the loud thumping music. On instinct Vic went to pull his hand away, but I kept a tight grasp on it, looking up to him, mouthing 'it's okay'. He nods and we make our way over.

"Oh, hey Justin. What's up?" I ask, acting pretty casual, a small smile on my lips.

"I'm good, uh." He trails off, looking at mine and Vic's interlocked fingers with a surprised look on his face.

He looks at me and raises his eyebrows and I just shrug at him, not feeling the need to explain myself.

I just smile at him and pull Vic towards one of the tables at the back and pushing him onto one of the chairs, so I can sit on his lap.

I sit him on his lap sideways, swinging my legs over him and putting my head on his chest, just enjoying the moment, ignoring all of the horny high schoolers around me.

"You okay?" I say in Vic's ear, so he can hear me over the music, earning a nod and a kiss on the cheek in response.

I pick up one of the fake roses off the table and pass it to Vic, grinning at him making him laugh at the cliche move.

"God, I like you a lot." He mutters near my ear, loud enough for me to hear him over the music and blush.

"I like you a lot too." I bite my lip and giggle, looking out on to the dance floor.

I watch all the students grind against each other to the crappy bass blasting music. I roll my eyes slightly, looking back to Vic who was slightly stroking my arm. I smile a little, and suddenly an idea pops into my head. I quickly get up and onto my feet, bending down to quickly peck his lips.

"I'll be right back" I explain, before walking towards the DJ for tonight. I conversate with for a few minutes before he agrees with me and tells me to wait a few minutes. I smile, nodding, before heading back over to Vic and sitting on his lap again. He smiles wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Okay, guys." The DJ speaks into the mic. "We've gotna slow request up next." He finishes, and I get up once more knowning this was my cue. I hold my hand out to Vic just as the acousitc guitar of the intro starts playing. He looks up to me and smiles, getting an idea of where I went merely five minutes ago.

He takes my hand, getting up, before we walk onto the dance floor. It wasn't as crowded as earlier, meaning more people would be able to see us. But did I mind? No. I wanted to show my smoking hot boyfriend off to the world.

Then Jeremy's voice is heard, beginning tonsing the lyrics to "If it Means a lot to You."

I wrap my arms around the back of Vic's neck and rest my head on his shoulder, while he holds my hips and rests his head on mine, making me smile.

We sway lightly to our song, big smiles planted on our faces.

I take my head off his shoulder and rest my forehead against his just staring into his eyes before connecting our lips while we continue to sway to the music.

I pull back and bite my lip, "I'm so happy you convinced me to come tonight." He says, I'm able to hear him because the DJ turned it down slightly.

"I'm glad you came, or we would be in your room eating ice cream and laughing at people's dresses over Facebook." I laugh, still swaying with him.

"Instead we get to do it in real life." He chuckles, making me bite my lip as the song changes.