Chapter 7

Would you guys be nice and tell me where there's any typos? Thanks - Rach

--

"Would you please like to tell me why you're home so early?" She asked, clearly not impressed. I cursed myself for being so reckless. I'm just hoping and praying she doesn't blow a fuse in front of my new friend.

"Um, Vic was hurt and I came to clean him up." I told her truthfully. I wasn't going to lie to her, she knows whenever I'm lying. She's not as stupid as she may seem.

"Why didn't you take him to the nurse?" She questions, folding her arms over her chest.

"The nurse wasn't there, Ma'am." Vic stepped in for me. I mentally thanked him. I think he could tell I was a little tense.

"Oh, okay." She started. "Well, Vic. I'm sorry, but I think you're gonna have to go home. I need to talk to Kellin here." She explained, and he nodded and stood up. I sighed quietly not wanting him to leave me with mother Satan.

"Thank you, Kellin" Vic smiled a little. He didn't look like he was as in much pain anymore. I looked up and smiled a little too, nodding. He then looked over to my mom. "I'll go now." He spoke quietly, before heading past my mother and downstairs. It wasn't long before I heard the front door both open and shut.

Her nice demeanour disappeared once more and I was so scared of what was going to happen.

She walks over to me quickly, grabbing me by my hair and pulling me closer to her, causing me to let out a shriek.

"What the fuck are you doing home? I bet you come here to fuck him, didn't you? Faggot." She spits, still pulling on my hair causing me to let out a whimper, as it fucking hurts.

"No mom, I'm sorry!" I cry, wanting her to let go of me already.

"What have I told you, about having attitude with me, you ungrateful bitch?" She sneers, the back of her hand coming into contact with my cheek.

She takes her hand out of my hair and gasps, while my hands go straight to my cheek, tears start to well up in my eyes and I let them fall, in too much shock to do anything else.

"You slapped me." I whispered, still looking at the floor, I see her feet slowly back up before she reaches the door.

"I'm sorry." She mutters, running down the stairs, slamming my door behind her.

I walk into my bathroom and grab the rag I used to clean up Vic, washing his blood out of it and putting it to my cheek to soothe it, ice would be better, but I am not going downstairs.

I sit on my bed for a good half an hour or so, just pressing the cold rag to my stinging cheek. She hit me hard. I mean, she's pulled and pushed a little but she never hit me with such force. Normally its just yelling. Too much yelling if you ask me.

Soon the throbbing pain subsided and I placed the rag back in the bathroom. I come back out, going over to my Xbox. Now or never right? I said I'd face Dickturd today and I'm not going back on my word.

I turn on the console, picking up my controlled and headset as I do so. I put the headset on, putting the mic in place while I wait for it to load. Soon it does, and I go over to Dickturd profile and inviting him. It takes a few minutes but I soon her his voice.

"Hey there" he speaks. His voice was pretty low and groggy.

"Sup, Dickface- I mean turd. Dickturd. Honestly, after what happed, I felt extra sassy. All my anger was going towards this. I honestly hated his guts. Most people would get over it, but me? Never. It's important to me.

"Hey I didn't insult you!" He whines.

"That's your name, duh."

"Whatever Darling, you ready for me to beat your ass again?" He taunts, inviting me to a game.

"Yeah whatever." I scoff accepting the invitation and wait for the game to load.

Once it loads, I realised he's set up a private match on the smallest map there is for a 1 v 1, which is a stupid move, because there's no safe sniper perches.

"How are you meant to use a sniper in this map?" I question, suddenly really curious.

"I'm not using one." He states, oh, I'll probably win then, snipers are my only weakness, I'll admit it.

The game starts and we both spawn on opposite sides of the map, I start to run around the outskirts, while by the looks of the mini-map, Dickturd had crossed right through the middle of the map, I scoff out loud, what an idiot.

I begin to run backwards around the perimeter, to ensure Dickturd doesn't ambush me from behind or something, I catch a glimpse of him to my right and I shoot out a full magazine at him, killing him with the last few.

"Motherfucker." He mutters angrily.

"Yeah. How do you like it? Being killed?" I try to tease him.

"Dude, I've been killed before. It's nothing. You just have the tendency to be killed numerous times." He states. This just caused me to groan in frustration. I didn't say anything. I knew I'd get even more frustrated if I did.

The game continued, and honestly he was being very clumsy. He kept moving around areas which were pretty open, not taking up any cover. I don't think he's as comfortable as when he's camping up high with his beloved sniper. I wasn't complaining. I've killed him at least three times since I last respawned.

Was this what it was like in real life? I mean, I've been killed plenty of times on Call of Duty, but in real life you can't respawn. Once you're dead, you're dead. It's a frightening thought and one which I didn't want to dwell on. All I know is that whoever is out their, fighting for our country, deserves everything they ever wanted. We owe them everything.

My deep thoughts were then interrupted by the killcam playing across my screen. Kellin Quinn can get a little too deep sometimes. Kellin Quinn also tends to go into deep thoughts at inappropriate moments. Damn it.

He won, he fucking won!

I was doing so good at the start, I was so many kills in front of him, how the fuck does he do that?

"You've got be kidding me. You're hacking aren't you?"

"Nope, pure talent."

My stomach growls and I take that as my cue to log off.

"Well I need to go feed my sexy body, so I'll see yah later Dickturd."

"Laters Darling."

I turn off my xbox, throwing my headset on the bed next to me with my controller.

I massage my temples for a few seconds before I decide to go to TacoBell to save myself from starving to death.

I put a jacket on and run my fingers through my hair, sighing and mentally preparing myself for the walk to the front door.

I give myself a boost of confidence and I leave my room quickly, heading down the stairs before I regret my decision, I don't even look into the living room as I walk past, I just grab my wallet and keys off the side and leave, slamming the door behind me.

----

I've just arrived at TacoBell and I've already gotten what I came here for, sitting down at a table in the back, with my head down while I eat, not wanting attention brought to my bruising face.

I hear the door open and I look up slightly, my eyes widening when I see Vic walks through the door, I scramble to compose myself and keep myself hidden from his view.

"Kellin?" I hear beside me.

Oh my god.