Chapter 6

I'm in the middle of Art right now and I can't get my mind off Vic, I mean it's probably because of his attractive face, but he's been in my mind since I left him last night.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and open the internet explorer on it, going on to the xbox website, so I can log in and check my messages.

Yes, I'm that sad, I continuously check my messages, judge me all you want.

I log into my account and click on messages, smirking slightly when I find a message from Dickturd.

From:xXx_GETREKT_xXx

Hey Darling, you up for more later?;)

I scoff quietly and click reply, looking up every so often to see if anyone's noticed that I'm on my phone.

To:xXx_GETREKT_xXx

I have a feeling that today is my lucky day, beware Dïckturd.

I use the little dots above the 'I' so Dickturd cant report me for bad language - smart thinking.

I send the message and log out, shutting down the internet explorer, locking my phone and putting it back in my pocket, sighing and putting my attention back on the teacher.

I get started on the task he's set us and discreetly slip my headphones in behind my hair, not in the mood to be social.

I really enjoyed art to be honest. I was also very good at it. It was probably my favourite subject, along side music (where we can practically do anything we want and the teacher doesn't give two shits). I drew every so often, usually put of boredom. I was told that what I had drawn was good, but I just thanked them and thought nothing of it. I didn't want to pursue a career with it. I don't think I'd enjoy it too much, plus its hard to get jobs in this area of study.

Soon the lesson finished, and I pack my things away into my backpack. I start to exit the classroom, soon entering the hallway and heading towards my locker.

It wasn't long before I heard shouting and cheering coming from not to far away. I turned the corner to see a group of people gathered around forming some sort of circle. The were all looking inwards, chanting to whatever was going on in the middle.

I roll my eyes slightly, before going over to see what all the commotion was about. Downfall of being short is that I can't see anything for shit, because of all this goddamn tall people. I stand on the perimeter of the people, standing on my tiptoes trying to catch a glimpse. That's when I see it. There was two guys, the ones from the other day, and Vic.

My eyes widen at the sight in front of me, not a-fucking-gain. I huff and push through the crowd, trying to get to the front as quick as I could.

I reach the front of the circle and gawk at Vic's face, he's got a black eye, a busted lip and his right arm is full of bruises.

I stop my staring once Vic makes eye contact with me, his expression breaking my heart.

I take a deep breath and step forward.

"That's enough!" I scream, everyone looking at me with wide eyes, including the two assholes hurting Vic.

"What you going to do about it Quinn?" Asshole #1 sneers, spitting on Vic.

I make eye contact with Justin and nod my head. He, Matty and Jesse emerge from the circle standing beside me, the two assholes flinch away slightly, looking for a way out.

"Keep hurting my little friend over here, and I'm going to destroy you and if I don't, these three easily will." I say gesturing to my three friends who are glaring at the two assholes.

"Whatever." Asshole #2 scoffs.

"He isn't worth it anyway." Asshole #1 mutters, kicking Vic as he begins to walk away and I see red.

I catch up with him and tap his shoulder, as soon he turns around, my fist comes into contact with his face, blood pouring out of his nose, I grab his cheeks and pull him towards me, glaring at him.

"Listen here, you pathetic good for nothing ass, you leave," I gesture to Vic who's still led on the floor,"him the fuck alone, or there's gonna be more than that." I threaten, pushing him away and on to the floor, walking over to Vic and kneeling down beside him.

I look at Justin once again and nod towards the crowd, he gets my silent message and starts shouting at the crowd to walk away.

"Hey, are you okay?" I whisper, moving his hair out of his face.

"No." He whimpers, holding the side where asshole #1 kicked him.

I pick him up bridal style and tell Matty that I'm taking him back to my place to clean him up, as Vic begs me not to take him to the nurse.

"Is your mom home?" Matty mouths, probably thinking I'll get in trouble for leaving school - I will.

"No, it's okay, she'll never know." I mutter, walking away from him, Matty has no idea what my mom is like, he probably thinks she'd react like every other parent.

I ended up carrying him to my place, as much as he insisted that he could walk. I wouldn't let him. I felt somewhat protective over him. I didn't believe that he deserved anything those guys did to him; from what I remember last night, he's a good guy. I don't think he'd hurt someone as much as they hurt him. He seems to innocent toy and manipulate anyone.

Soon we were at my place and I finally place him down onto his feet. I take a small, but deep breath.

"Wait here a minute." He tell him, and he simply nods. I open the door quietly, slowly entering my home. I tried as hard as I couod to keep quiet, just incase my mom was close by. Soon I reached the living room where she usually is, looking over to see her passed out on the couch as per usual. I then go back over to Vic, leading him in. Soon we were in the safety of my bedroom.

"What was all that about?" He asks, holding his side from the assent up the stairs.

"Hey, take it easy. Sit." I ordered, swapping the focus on my to him.

I walk into my bathroom and grab a rag, wetting it with cold water - it's the best I've got, I don't own a first aid kit.

I walk back into my room to find Vic sat on my bed looking around awkwardly.

"Hey, look at me." I tell him, kneeling down in front of him.

I place the wet rag on his bottom lip and he pouts to make it easier to clean, but let me tell you, he looked adorable pouting.

I put the cold rag on his eye, and tell him to hold it while I look at his arm, I hold his arm softly, making sure I don't press down on a bruise.

Vic hisses when I touch his arm, trying to pull away from me, but I look at him, silently telling him to stay still and he does.

I continue to look over all of his injuries including his side - which is bruised for the most part - and then when I go to put the wet rag back my door opens.

"Kellin-Quinn Bostwick."

"Oh shit."

--

Hey! It's Ashleigh, hope you're enjoying the story so far, have fun reading! - asking_ashleigh_

- Rach