Chapter 3

It was currently 1:23 am.

We were still playing.

I was still loosing.

He was still winning.

He had won every match. Each time I came second against him, and even third against another player. I was loosing my game. I wasn't focusing. He was in my head, taunting me.

"Why can't you just stop? Why can't you be shit at this game and just let me win?" I complain. I was dangerously past the limit of pissed. I was furious with this douche. He won, and every time he would say something to get me riled up even more than I was previously.

He chuckles.

"People like you have to learn that you can't win everything. Your lucky that this is probably the only thing I'm good at." He admits. Well this suddenly got somewhat sad.

"Hm. Really? I wouldn't have guessed. Your come back seems to sound like something a 5 year old would make up." I answer back. He was probably just saying that to make me feel some kind of sympathy towards him. He was trying to break me more.

"Oh, thanks. The feeling is likewise." He grumbled.

"Let's play a different game mode." I state, still wide awake.

"Dude, are you serious?" He whines, muttering profanities.

"Completely, let's play... Cage Match." I state.

"Which one is that?"

"Where two players are pitted against each other for a ranked 1 on 1, technically free for all, but just us two in the game. It'd make things more interesting."

"Fine, but if I beat you, I'm going to sleep, I'll beat your sorry ass again tomorrow." He threatens while I scoff at him, he's such an asshole.

"Which map?" I ask him, hoping he'll pick an big open map.

"Overgrown. It gives us more space."

"Okay."

I set up the game, putting the map to 'Overgrown' and sorting out my class which I conveniently called "Gerard's Ass."

I click start and the countdown starts and I'm practically shaking with excitement, I'm pretty good at 1 on 1 matches, they're much easier to play, because there aren't noobs in your way.

3

2

1

We both spawned on opposite sides of the map and I watch his movement closely, noticing he's heading straight for the overgrown bushes and such on the map, so the little shit's going to camp again.

I run a little closer to his hiding spot and throw a grenade at his general direction, earning a hit marker.

"Shit." He mutters through the mic, while I laugh slightly.

Before I could even process that he was back, respawned, he shot me down.

"Goddamnit!" I cursed, causing him to laugh.

The game went on, and it seemed to look positive for me. I was on my 5th kill. He'd only killed me once.

Every time he was shot down he'd mumble another word from his vocabulary of swears. I smirked to myself.

I was back. I was good. Everyone bow down to m-

That's when I was once again shot down. I watched the killcam before respawning again, only to be killed once more.