Chapter 21

I wake up to muffled shouting from downstairs, now it can either be my mom and her shithead boyfriend or Vic stubbed his toe, suppose I'll have to check.

I throw my covers off myself and stretch, ignoring the pain in the bottom of my back - I'll get Vic to give me a massage later.

I pull on a top and push my hair out of my face, opening my door quietly and leaving it open incase I have to run up stairs.

I make my way down the stairs, silently cursing at the creaking sounds they're making.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and sure enough there's Vic yelling at... My mom.

I stay hidden behind the wall and listen to what they're saying.

"You old hag, who do you think you are? You brought him into the world, it's your fucking responsibility to look after him, feed him, love him and make sure he's okay, not treat him like shit." I silently applaud Vic for that, even though I'm kind of mad that he's shouting at my mom.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, you brat? I don't want that piece of shit, I couldn't give a fuck about him, he's a mistake, always has been from the beginning." Tears prick at my eyes, but I don't allow myself to cry.

"If you really think that then you're sick. No matter what, if your think you're ready to have have sex and get pregnant you should be ready have a child and raise it properly. I understand if he wasnt planned or anything, but the way you treat him is disgusting! He deserves much better than that. He doesn't deserve you. He deserves much much better. I've never met such a kind hearted guy before. He always goes out of his way to make someone happy, yet half the time he's not happy himself. He puts others before himself, unlike you. You're selfish, you know that? Fucking selfish! You don't care about anyone but yourself, and everything you have ever done makes kellin even worse. Half the time he seems somewhat depressed all because of his problems with you. You hurt Him! You hurt him, and you know he won't fight back because your his mom. No matter what he can't hate you, because you brought him into this world. It'd be the same if it was my own mom. But honestly, I think you don't deserve Him. He's too good for you. He's too perfect.... He's coming with me, and you have no say in the matter." Vic stopped, then gave a deep breath.

I look in the doorway and catch Vic's eye, he must see the tears in mine because he rushes over to me and brings me into a hug, and I hug him back tightly, forgetting about my mom.

"Huh, he really is a faggot." She sneers as a tear rolls down my cheek. "Come on Darling, let's pack some of your stuff." Vic whispers, pulling me towards the stairs.

We walk into my room and he sits me on the bed while he grabs my backpack and takes some clothes out of my drawers and wardrobe, while I just sit there staring at my fingers.

"Sweetie, you need to get dressed." Vic says, putting his hand on my shoulder, I nod slightly and walk over to my drawers, pulling out a pair of boxers, black skinnies and long sleeved shirt.

I walk into my bathroom and get dressed, brushing my teeth in the process.

I run my fingers through my hair and sigh, looking at myself in the mirror.

I leave the room and Vic looks at me, looking at my arms with worry in his eyes before grabbing my two backpacks and placing them on his shoulders, taking my hand and walking downstairs with me.

As we reach the bottom my mom was stood there, a disgusted look in her eyes. I refrained from looking at her, and directing my gaze upon Vic. He caught it, sighing a little.

"Just ignore her" he whispered to me. I nodded slightly as we began to walk past. She didn't say a single word, but she was defiantly shooting daggers our way. I knew that if Vic wasn't around she'd hurt me bad. Vic just glared at her, as we headed to the door, soon leaving and moving towards his car. We get in quickly before Vic starts up the car. We were quickly off.

The journey was silent, other than the slight hum of the car engine and the low sound of the music playing. It was Queen; Bohemian Rhapsody. I lightly tapped my finger along my thigh to the beat of the song, looking out the window like I was in a music video. I thought I was the only one that did this, but I guess not as I've seen numerous posts to do with it on tumblr.

It wasn't too long before we arrived at Vic's house, him parking up in the driveway. We both got out, and as soon as Vic got over to my side, took my hand and kissed the top it. Little things like this made me feel much better.

I send him a small smile as he pulls me towards his house, I stop abruptly when I realise another car in the driveway, Vic notices this and follows my gaze.

"Hey, it's just my parents and they love you already." He reassures me, kissing the top of my head and opening the front door, automatically being greeted by an older couple - his parents obviously.

"Hey Mama, Papa, this is Kellin." Vic introduces me and I just stand behind him slightly, sending a small smile and wave their way.

"Hey Mr and Mrs Fuentes." I say quietly, Vic flashing me a smile.

"Oh sweetie, call us Mama and Papa." She says sweetly, smiling brightly at me, which I would return if I could.

"We're going to go upstairs and talk." Vic says before dragging me upstairs and into his bedroom, hugging me tightly after he shuts the door.

"Oh my god Kell, I was going insane last night." He says, holding my face and examining the bruise.

"I'm sorry." I murmur, biting my bottom lip, earning a curious look off Vic.

I just close my eyes, looking down.

"Kellin, You-... Um... You didnt do anything did you?" He asked me, seeming somewhat scared for the answer I'd give.

"W-what do you mean?" I look back upto him. He sighs slightly, his hands still cupping my cheeks.

"I mean, you didn't hurt yourself did you?" He says, pretty bluntly.

"No... No. I didn't. Don't worry." I reassured him. He sighed again. Would he really believe that I'd do that? I mean, yeah I'm a little sad, but would I really go that far? It's weird how I'm questioning myself about this, when the answer is is that anyone can reach that breaking point, no matter what situation you're in. To be quite honest, a few more rounds of being beaten up and I probably would have turned to that... Or atleast I would have turned to it if I didn't have Vic, but I do have him.

"Right... I'm sorry for asking." He mumbles, not seeming completely convinced.

"You don't believe me do you?" I ask, and he sighs for a third time?

"It's just... The long sleeves are throwing me off a bit." He states. I nod slightly, before taking a deep breath, pulling the shirt over my head so he can see my arms clearly, forgetting that he could see my bruised side just as bad.

"I promise, I'll never turn to that." I tell him sincerely, looking up at him to see that his eyes are looking at the bruises from the kicks I received yesterday.

"I'm going to murder her." He murmurs, I feel like I've heard that before, oh well.

"Do they hurt?" He asks, gesturing to the bruises on my right side and stomach.

"I don't know, I'm just numb." I say, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Oh my god, baby come here." He says, opening his arms for a hug.

I crawl on to his lap and wrap my arms around his waist, crying into his chest while he rubs his hand up and my back lightly, sending me into a peaceful slumber.

--

Just so you know... We've kinda planned out what's gonna happen... This fic will finish between chapter 30 - 35. It depends if we wanna add some stuff. Happy reading :) - Rach