Chapter 5

Matty left after he had finally calmed me down, which took a while. I don't think he actually understands how much that jerk actually frustrates me.

I didn't sleep too well. I couldn't help but glare at my Xbox from the comfort of my bed. I understand it wasn't the consoles fault, but it played a roll in all this. Just the sight of it makes me mad.

Sometime throughout the night my mom came home. Her voice wasn't the only one heard though. Not even five minutes after entering our home I heard moans and grunts coming from her room. Just ew.

She tends to bring a guy home every so often, but normally I don't stand around to see what unfolds. I quickly slip on a pair of shoes and begin to climb out my window, decending slowly so I don't hurt myself. I soon reach the ground, beginning to walk away from the house to anywhere which would be peaceful. It wouldn't be hard to find somewhere at this time of night.

I quickly take out my phone from my back pocket to check the time.

11:42pm

Yeah. It shouldn't be too hard. Hardly anybody is out at this time, except from in the central areas of the city but lucky I don't live around there.

I might just sit in the park for a few hours until I think it's safe to go back.

I make the ten minute walk to the local park by my house, stuffing my hands in my pockets and keeping my head down, watching my feet.

The ten minutes seem to fly by as I find myself at the entrance of the park quickly, walking over to a bench underneath the trees, lying on my back, looking up at the sky.

It couldn't have been more than three minutes I'd been lying there, when I heard another voice from above me and I'm pretty sure it isn't God.

I sit up and walk towards the tree it's coming from, holding back a gasp when I realise that it's the hispanic kid from school who wouldn't except my help.

I stay quiet, just listening to his voice, realising that he is indeed singing a song - that song? I don't know.

"She sits up high, surrounded by the sun," bit ironic, the moons out, "one million branches and she loves every one," he touches a few of the branches when he sings that line, "mom and dad, did you search for me?" His voice cracks slightly and he shakes his head, "I've been up here so long, I'm going crazy." He takes a deep breath and stops there, quietly humming to himself.

I begin to walk away, back to the bench when a fucking spider crawls across my forehead and I let out the girly-est - I mean manly-est scream and jump around trying to get it off my face.

Even when it was gone I was still flayling around like a complete idiot. I soon fell backwards, landing harshly on my back. I groan in pain. Little motherfucker.

I lay there for a few moments, my eyes closed. I give a small breath as I try to endure the shooting pain up my back. I felt like I had layed there for hours before the pain had subsided, but in reality it was only two minutes.

I wasn't used to the great outdoors. Other than school I didn't have much of a social life. I hardly ever left the indoors, and when I did it was only in situations such as this and other minor ones where I was only out for a matter of minutes.

I felt like a complete idiot right now.

I slowly pulled myself back up onto my feet, and as I did I let out a groan. It felt like my body had completely shut off. I let out a deep breath, before opening my eyes and dusting myself off. These were my favourite jeans. If they got dirty I'd die.

I then look around, making sure nobody saw me, until I made eye contact with Him. Tree guy. We make eye contact and he looks at me like I've just birthed a baby. I'm a dude. Those things don't happen. His eyebrow was raised.

He was giving me the "What the actual fuck" look.

"What? You've never got ambushed by spiders?" I laugh, trying to brush it off, the situation kind of awkward.

"Right..." He trails off, looking away from me.

"What are you doing out here?" I ask, not really caring if he doesn't want to talk to me.

"I could ask you the same question." He retorts, clearly trying to avoid the question.

"Couldn't sleep, wanted to walk, so why are you out here?" I ask, shrugging my shoulders and shuffling my feet back and forth.

"Same." Oh, short answers I get it.

I sigh loudly and sit on the bench, putting my head in my hands and steadying my breathing.

I rub my hands down my face and let out another manly scream when he appears in front of my face, laughing at me.

"It's not funny! Jesus Christ, I could've died or something!" I exclaim, throwing my hands around.

"Jeez. You're such a drama queen." He says, before going to walk off. I quickly push myself back onto my feet.

"Hey, wait!" I call. He stops in his tracks, sighing, before turning back around to face me.

"Yes?"

"Don't leave me. I need company because I'm bored... And I'm also afraid of the dark." I joke. He chuckles a little, before contemplating my offer. I even Pat the seat besides me to draw him in even more. He gives a small sigh.

"Fine." He gives in, coming back over and taking up the space besides me.

Silence fell between us, and it was kind of awkward. Although, I liked looking at him in this light. It was kind of flattering for him. The small light shining off the moon and the dimness of a few streetlights were the only sources around us.

His eyes sparkled. Brown. I like it. Just like his hair. I'm not gonna lie, he is one attractive guy.

"So, what now?" He asked in a bored tone, making me come back into the real world. He looked to me, as bored as his voice sounded.

"Twenty questions to pass the time?" I suggest, looking away from him and up to the sky, smiling a little at the moon.

"How old are you? Ten?" He retorts, laughing quietly.

"You got better ideas?" I'll take his silence as a no, "Exactly, I'll go first."

And that's how we spent our time, I found out that he's into a lot of the same things as me (including gaming), that his favourite colours blue, he likes Mexican food a lot and dislikes school.

Maybe I'll actually hang out with him one day, just maybe.

--

HULLO TREE GUY!
UGH, I LOVE WRITING THIS SO MUCH. IT'S MY BABY! *Cries in mexican* - Rachel

-- asking_ashleigh_