Chapter 8

It's much later than usual, but oh well XD - Rach

--

"Oh hi Vic." I mutter, keeping my eyes on the table in front of me.

"Look at me." Vic commands, sitting opposite me. I stay still for a few seconds before I realise Vic isn't leaving, so with a sigh I lift my head slowly, not making eye contact.

"What happened to your face?" He asks quietly, observing my cheek curiously.

"I fell down the stairs and landed straight on my face." I lie, not meeting his eyes, playing with my fingers.

"Hmm, okay." I look up and I can tell Vic doesn't believe me, but he doesn't push the matter, just leaves the table to order food and then returns a few minutes later, sitting across from me once more.

"So, what you been up to?" As he starts a casual conversation with me, shocking me greatly... He didn't want to know me in school and now he's talking with me like we've friends for a while, um, okay?

"Nothing, was playing xbox, got bored and hungry, so here I am, you?" I state with a shrug, picking at the rest of my food.

"Same." He mutters, eating his food a little quicker than me, looking at me curiously.

"What?" I ask him, making him raise his eyebrows.

"Oh, nothing" he mumbles, looking down whilst continuing to eat. I had suddenly lost my appetite so i just continue to poke at my food. I honestly just want to leave now. Yes, Vic is a great guy, but I feel like he's trying to figure me out - much more than I would like, may I add. I mean, why does he want to talk to me outside of school. He could quite easily just walk by me without any form of interest, but no. He chose to talk to me. Why? He probably has better friends to hang around with, right?

"Am I your only friend or something?" I speak up after several minutes of silence. It came out a little bitter, not lie I expected. Although, he didn't seem to take it to heart though.

"No, actually" he chuckled a little. "I have three fairly close friends, if you include my brother that is. We've known each other since we were kids." He smiles, probably remembering the great times they had during their childhood. I was trying to picture what he looked like as a kid and I would say he looks adorable as shit. Then again, he probably looked nothing like what I'm picturing.

I block out my creepy thoughts of what Vic looked like as a kid, and force a smile, pretending that I heard the last explanation about his friends.

"They sound like great people I'm sure." I say quietly, wishing for him to leave or for one of our phones to ring, but I have no such luck.

"How many real friends do you have Kellin?"

"What do you mean by 'real'?" I ask, really confused by that question, I'm popular as fuck, I have loads of friends.

"Ones that you can trust with your life..." He explains and realisation hits me, he doesn't mean my group, he means genuine friends who like me for me, not because I'm popular.

"Oh, uh, one I guess?" I shrug, still poking at the rest of my food.

"Which is?" He pushes, clearly wanting more information out of me.

"Matty." Something flashes in his eyes, but he shakes his head before I can question it.

"That's cool." He shrugs.

"You shrug a hell of a lot Vic." I say with a small chuckle to show I'm only joking with him.

"I could say the same for you Quinn." He smiles, catching me off guard.

Vic soon finished his food and everything fell silent. It was weird being here at this time of night. We were literally the only people at down eating. I'm sure all the workers could hear everything we're saying, but I don't care. As long as they didn't try to intrude I honestly couldn't give two shits.

I'd say our late night encounters have been the highlight of my week. Tommrow being Saturday meant no school. That meant nowhere to go to when my mom was pissed off. If these unorganized meetings continued to happen during this weekend then I'll be fine. It'll give me a break, being something to get me away from my harsh living condition.

"-so yeah. You coming?" Vic finished. When did he even start talking?

"Huh? What? Sorry. I was out of it." I admitted, feeling a little bad for not listening to him.

He gave a small chuckle before repeating - "I'm gonna head to the bathroom then head out. Are you coming?" I asked again. I nodded a little and he smiled slightly before heading off to the bathroom.

What was I suppose to do? Sit and wait here? Stand outside and wait for him? Go into the bathroom with him? Wait, no. Kellin, that's just creepy. Oh god, why are my palms sweating?

I decided to stay at the table, not exactly wanting to follow him into the bathroom like a lost puppy.

It can't be more than 3 minutes when Vic emerges from the bathroom, looking down at me, gesturing for me to follow him outside, oh god he's going to kill me isn't he?

I follow Vic, standing behind him the whole time, we walk for about 15 minutes top when we reach the same park I found him singing in, weird.

"Not to be rude, but it's like really late... Why are we here?"

"You can go home if you'd like, I just like the peace here to be honest." Vic shrugs - once again - walking over to a bench, sitting down and breathing heavily, his breath making small clouds in the cold air.

"I'll stay here." I mutter, walking towards him and sitting next to him, putting my head on his shoulder, surprising both of us, but I don't move my head, the body heat coming from Vic is glorious.

Vic puts his left arm around my waist and lays his head against mine, sharing body heat with me in a non-sexual way.

Is it weird that I enjoy this?

"You're really warm" I mumble, causing him to let out a small laugh.

"Thanks?" He responsed, like he was asking a question. I just smile. "I also forgot to say thank you for today.. At school." He spoke quieter this time, somewhat timidly.

"It's okay, Vic... I mean, you shouldn't have to put up with that. Anyways, how's everything? Are you still in any pain?"

"No... I just ache a little" He tells me, honestly and I nod.

"Why didn't you stand up to them? You're always so quiet around them but here you're fine." He just sighs, sharing his head slightly. I also sigh, but in defeat.

We sat like this for a while, enjoying the peace of it all. I could get used to this; being cuddled up to him with his strong arm protectively wrapped around me. What was he doing to me? Did I even want to get used to it? Fuck. He messes with my head.

"Hey Kells-" Gosh, that nickname rolling off his tongue, "- I think it's time we went home." He states. I nod and we get up, untangling ourselves. I shiver a little. The lack of Vics heat made me even colder.

"So I'll see you later, yeah?" He asks, looking down to me. He wanted to do this again? Well, I'm not complaining.

"Yeah, sure." I smile. He nods before turning and walking away.

"Bye, Kellin!" He calls.

"Bye." I was still smiling, even though he couldn't see. I stayed there for a while, watching him until he couldn't be seen anymore before walking back to my own home.

He has a nice ass.

--

Btw, Vic is taller rn  -Rach

@asking_ashleigh_