"i'll just message you on instagram, you're big on that right so you'll reply?" she cuts me off.

"um, yeah.. sure. oh wait sorry, phone call." i lie, pulling out my phone and quickly phoning ashton to try and get me out of this growingly awkward conversation.

"hey, whats up?" ashton quickly answers.

"hi mom, how's sparta doing?"

"i'm sure he's doing fine, child." ashton jokes making me crack a small smile.

"he's feeling a little awkward? oh no, i wish someone could come help him.. he gets like that when lots of people come at him and start asking for his number. i would help but i'm in a queue." i subtly say. well, probably not that subtly.

he sighs, "tell sparta to just hold on as you'll- he'll be inside any minute and if you-he still feels weird then he can watch the show from the side. i feel bad, this is my fault isn't it?" i can basically feel his face drop as he says that making me feel instantly guilty for phoning him.

"no, no. he's a big boy. he can try and handle the attention i guess, probably just being dramatic, don't worry about it."

"its not dramatic if you can't handle it, is it?" he says, giving up the sparta act.

"maybe sparta needed you to get out of an awkward situation and you saved his ass? he'll be fine now. i'm sure he's very- oh hold on."

i put my phone to my chest as it was my turn to hand the security guy my ticket at the doors, i handed it to him and he quickly gave it back pointing to the direction my seats were.

"okay, i'm back. just got inside." i waved goodbye to lisa and her friend and made my way in the other direction as them towards my seats.

"alright, go to your seat now and just enjoy the concert. i feel like i've ruined it for you, everyone's just staring at you 'cause of me and-,"

"i can handle it. i just didn't like the fact some girl was asking to meet up, like i barely agreed to meet you why would i meet some stranger." i laughed slightly, dodging the groups of people.

"i guess i'm lucky you did agree to meet me."

"you only guess?" i teased, remembering out conversation from yesterday.

"yeah- okay i have to go, talk to you later and have fun. see ya."

"byee." i smiled, hanging up the phone and walking down some steps to get to my seats.

i spotted my row which already was pretty full already as was the venue so mumbling a few excuse me's and thank you's i quickly was sat down in my seat.

as the sound of rick astley's 'never gonna give you up' plays around me, i realise that the concert should be starting soon and my heart feels like its about to burst out of my chest.

maybe i'm not so ready after all.

~*~

"tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps," i sing at the top of my lungs along with the band and the rest of the fans.

this is the best concert i've ever been too.

as disconnected, one of my all time favourite songs finishes they start messing around on stage. i can see ashton looking around quite a lot but i don't feel like waving like a mad man to get him to look over at me, a few girls around me have already been giving my dirty looks including the one next to me.