chapter forty three

Beginne am Anfang

i resist the urge to roll my eyes, "sure."

a chorus of 'and mine!' plays through the area in the airport and sure enough people start writing all their usernames on a piece of paper for me to give to ashton as i apparently agreed to give him everyone's.

a girl next to me gets given the piece of paper but actually declines it, telling the girl she doesn't care about a follow and she just wants to meet her idol which makes me smile slightly, she had an attitude and it was something i like to think i have towards most people who annoy me.

i took the sheet and stuffed it in my bag giving them all thumbs up's and fake smiles from their rude stares yet incredible willingness to be nice to use me for something to do with the band.

i turn back around and rest my head in my hands with my elbows resting on the railings again, waiting for the inevitable thing to happen with the band making their way out of the doors.

its silent for a couple moments as i observed the airport, families being reunited, friends meeting each other, drivers waiting to pick people up and children running around as if an airport is the most fun place on earth.

but that all quickly flew out of my head as soon as i heard a couple girls start squealing, but thankfully, no screaming.

wait... if they're screaming that means...

ashton.

and the other guys but holy shit, ashton.

a bunch of security guys stepped out from a now open door, pulling some luggage with them and a few members of the crew but it wasn't until i saw the familiar bodyguard, dave, that is with them practically everywhere when i saw them all walk out.

michael was first, laughing about something someone had said while waving to the fans and making his way over, then calum who went over to the fans with a smile but then an unreadable expression took over his face as the first fan he went to said nothing other than "can i have a picture?", then luke who walked behind calum and said something to him, making him plaster a smile on his face and be apparently civil to these lot.

and then there was ashton.

a wide smile made its way onto his face, and mine, as he stepped out of the doors. his eyes instantly looking everywhere for who i would hope is me. unless he's looking for someone else and i just got played big time...

he looks over in my direction and i send him a wave, smiling big time as he waves back and nods his head to behind luke signalling that he's going around to see the fans first.

i mouth an 'okay' to him, trying to hide my nervousness mixed with a lot of excitement that this moment is actually real. this is actually happening.

"so we finally meet. i'm guessing you want an autograph?"

i look up and see michael taking a selfie with the girl next to me and giving her a big hug as he smirks at me making my heart warmer just watching the interaction.

i shrug with a fake look of disappointment on my face, "i'm actually waiting for all time low." i fake wince, "sorry."

"dammit." he groans, moving to stand in front of me at the end of the line while the others are still with the fans. "ashton!" he calls out, "get here quick before she goes for jack!"

i widen my eyes as everyone looks over at michael's loudness, "shut up, what the hell dude. i've already been called a groupie so don't get me in the mix with jack, like i love him but shit does he talk about sex a lot, have you seen his twitter-,"

"first time meeting and we're talking about sex? sweet. i knew we'd be comfortable around you."

i groan, covering my face. "seriously, how many of you will i embarrass myself in front of today?" i ask, looking up at calum who was now stood at the end next to michael and trying to stifle a smirk, which he was failing to do.

they both shrug turning to look at each other, "i'm hoping all of us, it'd be hilarious." calum chuckled, but when he saw the fake angry look on my face he pouted. "aw, ellie i didn't mean it come here." he spoke as if i was a dog and opening his arms.

i go to hug him 'cause one does not miss a chance of hugging calum hood, but i realise i really just want to hug ashton first so to save myself looking awkward i step between him and michael and hold my hand up for a high five which he quickly obliged to. so now i just hope i get another chance to hug calum.

"hey, ellie, right?" i turn around to see luke smiling at me as if he knew something i didn't which made me instantly nervous.

i nod, smiling back. "luke, right?" i joke.

he laughs, holding his hand up for a high five too, obviously seeing mine and calum's exchange.

i high five him back, going on my tip toes slightly, but feel insanely happy with myself for meeting three members of the band and not messing up yet. well done ellie.

my breath gets stuck in my throat as i see a curly mop of hair over lukes shoulders walking towards us, luke looks over at calum and michael then nods mumbling an 'okay' with a smile on his face and moving to the side so i could see ashton completely.

he opens his arms and walks towards me as i forget about all of the girls, the band and crew watching as i just launch myself into his arms which he quickly wraps around me.

i bury my head into his shoulder, "hi."

he wraps his arms around me tighter, "hey."

"was that a pun?" i look up at him, smiling slightly as he smiles back down at me.

"wasn't intended, but if it works it works." he chuckles, pulling back from the hug and giving the fans one last wave as he guides me back to the boys who were waiting for us.

my cheeks blush red as i realise everyone saw me and ashton hugging and i clear my throat, "so, whats happening now?" i ask as their crew lead us all out of the airport.

"the guys are going back to the hotel and i was just going to hang out with you, if thats alright?" ashton asks from his spot next to me.

i nod, not even trying to hide the smile on my face. "yeah, thats alright. my cars just downstairs so-,"

"are we not invited?"

i look over at the other three, where calum is giving my an angry look.

"i-uh, what- i thought-,"

"relax, he's kidding." ashton laughs, punching calum in the shoulder and only receiving one back in return.

he shrugs, "yeah, but it would be nice to at least offer." he scoffs. "then again, don't know what you two will be doing, huh?" he says, wriggling his eyebrows.

"calum, friendzone remember?" michael playfully reminds him, making me and ashton glare at him. but when we both see each other glaring at michael we quickly change expressions.

"so we're gonna go." ashton announces, "i'll see you guys later, alright?"

they all nod and wave goodbye to us as they get led outside by security, leaving me and ashton.

i look up at ashton and nod my head in the direction of the car park, "we gotta go this way, took me ages finding a spot so you better appreciate this right now." i teased.

he grins and wraps his arm around my shoulder, "i appreciate it a lot, trust me."