Those Crayons

© Copyrighted to Madison Edwards and Ainsley Johnston

Heyy all It's Madi here

Here is my new book which I am co writing with my Best Friend Ainsley (MissDicey)

I decided to Upload today as it is her birthday today so go check her out and say a Happy Birthday

x :) Madi

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY

Those Crayons

Chapter 1

It was my first day of playgroup and I was so nervous. Sure I had played with the kids at the park all the time but nothing like this. As I walked into the room hiding behind my mum’s leg I see about 20 kids all my age all in their own little groups while I stood up here by myself. Just then this little boy with short brown hair and the cutest blue eyes walks up to me and shared his crayons with me. We have been Best friends ever since.

*

I am Ella and I am still best friends with that same little boy who shared his crayons with me. That is Chase. He is 17 and I am turning 17 in just 2 months. We have been best friends ever since that first day of playgroup almost 13 years ago.

“Ella Dinner’s ready!” My mum yells up the stairs at me.

I quickly log off my laptop and rush downstairs. My mum’s cooking is the Best! When she was younger she studied to be a Chef, but she fell pregnant with me and so dropped out of her classes and took up a job at the local café, She has stayed there ever since. My Dad is a Lawyer so we earn enough money for mum to not have to work but it would take A LOT to drag her away from her beloved kitchen.

I walk down the last few steps to find my Mum having a carefree conversation with my Best Friend, Chase. As if felling my presence he looks up and smiles,

“Heyy, El come on dinner’s going cold and we can’t let some of your mum’s famous lasagne go to waste.” Chase says with a smile. I take my seat and dinner passes in a blur. Mum asks us whether we are looking forward to school starting and what we have been up to lately and in return we ask her how work is. Dad isn’t home tonight he’s working late on some big case he is working on.

I love my Dad a lot, don’t get me wrong but he is never home. When he is though he makes up for it and although he works a lot he has not once missed any of my dance recitals, school graduations or awards ceremonies.

It starts to get late and so instead of Chase walking about 20 steps to his house across the street he decides to sleep over. This is a common occurrence between us and Chase even has a draw in my bedroom to keep his clothes in as I have one in his room.

WE spend the night watching movies till really late and so I lay my head on Chase’s chest and let my eyelids droop to a close.

Chase picks me up and carries into my bed while lying down beside me.

“Night CC” I whisper using my childhood nickname for him‘Cool Chase’. Hey it was a cool nickname back when we were 6

“Night El” He whisper’s back, and I drifted off to sleep

My dream was very wierd and I'm sure Chase said,

"I'm in love with you Ellybear and you are so oblivious,"

But Chase would never say that he is my BestFriend, nothing more.