The Anger of the Gelth

Mulai dari awal

"We need bodies. All of you. Dead. The human race. Dead."

"Alright, I'll say it. I told you so!" I exclaimed, resulting in a glare from the Doctor. He rolled his eyes, and turned his attention to Gwyneth.

"Gwyneth, stop them! Send them back now!" The Doctor commanded.

"Four more bodies. Convert them. Make them vessels for the Gelth." We slowly backed away from the walking dead.

Dead Sneed backed Rose and the Doctor against a metal gate, meanwhile I tripped and fell on the ground.

I saw a pair of feet run past me, as the corpses closed in on me.

"JORDYN!" The Doctor shouted.

I didn't respond. I was staring up at the bodies in terror. I looked down expecting death when I found something else. A way out.

There was just enough space between the body's pairs of legs for me to crawl through.

I did exactly that, glancing all around me. I saw Rose and the Doctor behind a metal gate, so I got up, and walked to them.

The Doctor had his face in his hands. "I did it again Rose. I lost another one."

"Er, when did I become lost?" I asked.

His head snapped up, and he stared at me with wide eyes.

"You're alive."

"Yeah..." I trailed off. I turned around to glance at the corpses and I saw them heading back to me. "But not for long."

"Get back here." Rose tried opening the metal gate for me, but it was jammed. "What the-"

I stared at the two of them, knowing what I had to do. I shrugged off the Doctor's jacket, and handed it to him through the gate.

"You might want this."

I darted towards the corpses dodging their grabbing hands.

"Jordyn!" The Doctor and Rose called.

I ran out of the house and looked around for Charles.

Unfortunately, a Gelth followed me out.

"Failing! Atmosphere hostile!" It screamed before descending into the street lamp.

I stared at the street lamp for a moment, thinking.

"Gas." I muttered to myself.

"The gas!" Charlie agreed, coming out of nowhere.

"Where did you?" I shook my head. "Never mind. Come on!"

We raced back into the house together. We turned off any flame we could find, turning up the gas as well.

We darted down the steps, and I immediately ran over to the gas lamp.

"Doctor! Doctor!" Charlie exclaimed. "Turn off the flame, turn up the gas! Now, fill the room, all of it, now!"

"What're you doing?" The Doctor asked.

"Turn it all on." I told him. "Flood the place!"

"Brilliant. Gas." He muttered.

"What, so we choke to death instead?" Rose asked.

"Am I correct, Doctor? These creatures are gaseous?" Charlie confirmed.

"Fill the room with gas, it'll draw them out of the host. Suck them into the air like poison from a wound!" The Doctor exclaimed. 

The corpses started to leave Rose and the Doctor and began shambling towards Charlie and myself.

"I hope, oh Lord, I hope that this theory will be validated soon, if not immediately." Charlie muttered.

"Plenty more!" The Doctor shouted, ripping a gas pipe from the wall.

The corpses started to leave the bodies, after he did that.

"It's working." Charlie smiled.

I ran over to the Doctor and Rose, and I helped them get out from behind the gate.

The Doctor stared at me for a moment before heading over to Gwyneth. I gave Rose a questioning look, but she just waved me off.

"Gwyneth, send them back. They lied. They're not angels." He told her.

"Liars?" She asked.

"Look at me. If your mother and father could look down and see this, they'd tell you the same. They'd give you the strength. Now send them back!"

"I can't breathe." Rose muttered.

I ran over to her and tried to help, but it was no use.

"Charles, get them out of here." The Doctor ordered.

"I'm not leaving her." Rose insisted.

"And I'm not leaving you!" I told him. He gave me a look, and I just glared at him.

"They're too strong." Gwyneth whispered.

"Remember that world you saw? Rose's world? All those people. None of it will exist unless you send them back through the rift." The Doctor told Gwyneth.

"I can't send them back. But I can hold them. Hold them in this place, hold them here. Get out." She took a box of matches out of her apron pocket.

"You can't!" Rose cried. I held Rose back from running to Gwyneth.

"Leave this place!" Gwyneth demanded.

"Rose, get out. Go now. I won't leave her while she's still in danger. Now go!"

Charlie and Rose left, leaving me with the Doctor and Gwyneth.

"You need to leave."

"No."

"I've almost lost you three times today. Don't make it a fourth."

"I'll do whatever the hell I want."

"Why do you have to make this so difficult?" He groaned.

"Why shouldn't I? I'm not leaving you, no matter what, and that's final."

"Fine." He smirked. "Just don't get in the way."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I smiled, running up to him.

He stepped closer to Gwyneth looking over her sadly.

All of a sudden, my breathing became more shallow and my lungs felt heavier. "Doctor." I choked out.

"One minute." He began feeling around Gwyneth's neck for a pulse.

It became harder to breathe by the second. "Doctor." I pressed harder this time.

"W-" He started to say before turning to me. "Jordyn!" 

I collapsed to the ground, my vision becoming blurry.

"Jordyn don-" I couldn't focus on what he was saying.

All I could hear was a faint whooshing noise.  Everything went black and the next thing I knew I was on the cold hard ground.

ROSE POV

I waited with Mister Dickens outside. When, finally, the Doctor appeared with something in his arms. Behind him, the house was aflame.

I ran up to him and saw the thing in his arms was Jordyn, covered in his jacket.

"Doctor!"

"We need to get to the Tardis now." He walked past me.

"What happened?" I asked, staring at my best friend unconscious in his arms.

"She snapped her neck."