--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyelids flutter open and I stare aimlessly at the beige wall, feeling the emptiness in my chest. I glance at the clock and see that it is seven thirty in the morning. I push the covers back and climb out of bed, making my way into the wardrobe. I pull out my regular workout gear and pull it on quickly. I grab my iPod from the bedside table and I make my way downstairs and grab my keys from my purse.

I rush out the door and begin my hours walk for the day. I walk around the quiet suburban streets, the morning air crisp in my lungs. It's rather quiet this morning, though I can't hear anything over the thumping music in my ears. I jog around the block around four times before I make my way to the park, running around the track three times. Once I feel tired, I power walk my way back to the house.

Soon enough I reach my front door and I pull my keys out, unlocking it and walking inside. I dump the iPod and the keys on the table by the door as I make my way to the kitchen. I pull a water bottle out of the fridge and take a long drink. I decide to check my phone and I pull it out of my purse. I unlock it and see that there are three missed calls from an unknown number. I frown at it for a moment but decide against ringing it back, if it's important enough they'll ring me again.

I put the water bottle back in the fridge and make my way upstairs to shower and change. I dress in casual at home wear and make my way downstairs when I hear my phone ringing. I jog down the steps and into the kitchen, grabbing my phone off the counter.

"Emily Carter's phone." I answer, leaning against the island bench.

"Emily baby it's me." A woman's voice greets.

I freeze at the sound of the all to familiar woman's voice, a voice I haven't heard in twelve years. I swallow and shake my head, gathering my thoughts, "Hey Gemma."

"How're you darlin'?" She asks.

"I'm good," I lie, "How did you get this number?" I ask, feeling my hands shake.

"Clubs got connections, but that don' matter." She says dismissively.

"How're you Gemma?" I ask, all of a sudden neverous.

"I'm fine Darlin' but that's what I was calling you about." She says and I hear something in her voice.

"What is it?" I ask, wondering what's going on.

"It's Jax baby." She says and the breath leaves my body, immobilising me.

I stand there shocked, my mouth wide open and I hear her worry down the phone, "Baby, you okay?"

I close my mouth and try to calm myself down, "Yeah I'm here. Is Jax okay?" I ask, barely able to get out his name.

"Not really, he's got a lot going on at the moment." She explains.

"Everything okay?" I ask, becoming worried.

"He's fine baby, but you know he got married to that junkie Wendy right?" She says, resentment in her tone.

A flash of pain goes through my chest but I push it away, not wanting to think about those times, "Yeah."

"Well, Jax wised up and divorced her over a year ago. However, a few months later they had a one night stand." She says hesitantly.

I continue to push away the pain as I wait for her to continue, "This is gone be hard for me to tell you but she got knocked up."

I slump against the island bench as the breath is knocked out of me as I try to process the information. Millions of images run through my head, most of them unwanted memories.