He flipped through, allowing me to read over his shoulder. "That won't last." He told me. "He's gay and she's an alien." I smirked up at him as he put the copy down, and searched for more exciting things to occupy him.

"I'm not blaming you two, even if it was some sort of joke that went wrong." Rose carried on.

The Doctor picked up a paperback, and began flipping through it. "Hmm. Sad ending."

"Really?" He nodded. "Huh. Shame. I wanted to read that. Tear jerker?" He nodded again. "Oh well."

"They said on the news they'd found a body." She continued.

"Rose Tyler." The Doctor muttered.

The Doctor walked up to a mirror and stared at his reflection, as if he was see in himself for the first time.

"Ah, could've been worse. Look at the ears." He told me, making me smile as I glanced at his big ears.

"All the same, he was nice. Nice bloke." Rose was still talking?

The Doctor wandered over to a pack of cards, and tried to shuffle them but failed miserably. I grabbed the cards and shuffled them perfectly.

"Luck be a lady." He smirked at me.

"Or luck is growing up with a gambler for a Dad." I explained.

"Ah." He understood.

"Anyway, if we are going to the police, I want to know what I'm saying." Rose told us.

The Doctor picked up the cards again, and tried to shuffle them, but they just went flying. I laughed at him, while he went to go pick them all up.

"I want you two to explain everything."

"Maybe not." I suggested.

Suddenly, the cat flap rattled.

"What's that, then?" The Doctor asked.

"You got a cat?" I added.

"No." She deadpanned.

All of a sudden, the plastic arm grabbed the Doctor by the throat. I tried yanking it off, but it wasn't working.

"We did have, but now they're just strays. They come in off the estate." She walked in with a mug of coffee and a bottled water. I continued trying to pull the arm off. Rose took no notice of the scene.

"I told Mickey to chuck that out. You're all the same. Give a man a plastic hand. Anyway I don't even know your name. Doctor, what was it?" We finally managed to get the arm off, but it stopped mid air and grabbed Rose's face instead.

We both rushed to her, pulling at the arm frantically. We yanked the arm so hard that all three of us fell onto the coffee table, smashing it. The Doctor finally managed to get the arm off of Rose with his sonic, and then he jabbed it into the arm's palm.

I stood up slowly, wiping glass off of myself, and trying to catch my breath.

"It's alright. I've stopped it. There you go, you see? Armless."

I laughed a breathy laugh.

"Do you think?" Rose asked, picking up the arm. Then she did the unexpected and hit him with it, making me laugh again.

"Ow!" The Doctor exclaimed.

He looked back and forth between the two of us. Then he grabbed my hand and raced out the door, heading down the stairs, before I could even react.

"Hold on a minute. You can't just go swanning off." Rose raced to follow us.

"Yes we can. Here we are. This is us, swanning off." The Doctor told her.