Chapter - 10 - The golden chest

AUTHOR'S MESSAGE: HELLLLLOOO GUYS! SUP? HOPE YOU ARE HAVING FUN READING MY STORY BTW THERE IS A NICE PART COMING SOON SO DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! PEACE!

My morning started with a fresh cup of coffee and lots of scripts for the drama. Apparently there were given to me by Louis, Carol, Cheryl, Paula and Timmy. Each script contained a completely different story than the other and it was my responsibility to choose one. Only one. All of them were brilliant so it was very hard to select one. But somehow Louis’ one seemed the funniest. Even if we didn’t win the competition, it would be fun to act it. I picked up my mobile and dialed Louis’ number. “Hey! Guess what? You’re story has been selected!” , I said.
“Yay!! Thanks Jennah! I knew you loved me!”, he teased.
Yeah right! See you at school!”, I said before clicking the mobile shut.

***
I walked downstairs for breakfast. “Jennah! Here you go!” , mom said handing me a large ancient looking key. I realized it was the golden chest’s key. “Mom! You’re the best!”
I quickly ran upstairs and pulled the attic stairs down.
There it was lying in the middle of the room with all its glory.
I walked up to it, the wooden floor creaked with my each step. I slowly poked the keys into the keyhole and twisted.
It opened. I didn’t know what to expect. A chest filled with treasures? A dead body? Skeleton?  My palms started to sweat. I could hear my heart thumping loud. Pushing the chest up I slowly opened it. My heart sank.
There was no treasure or any skeleton. Only a book with velvet cover and some other useless things. Oh my wand was there too. “Yay!”, I cheered to myself.
Curiosity took me by surprise. I lifted the book and realized it was a photo album. The first page read- Happy memories. I continued to flip to the next page. It was mom and dad’s wedding pictures. They looked so cute and young. Then there were some beach resorts photos. And finally two newborn were captured in one picture. Was that Jake and me? I smiled. We looked so innocent. Only if we were innocent. I mentally laughed. Flipping to the next frame my heart stopped.
It was the little version of Anna I saw in my dream previously. I was there too standing beside her. What did this mean? If I knew her, then why don’t I remember it? Was everyone hiding something from me? Was something wrong with me?
“Mom! Who is she?”, I demanded, showing her the picture.
There was a moment of surprise in her eyes. “Oh! Didn’t see that picture for years I guess.”, she started, “Her name was Elizabeth. Elizabeth Beckham. She lived in the orphanage beside our previous mansion. You and she often played in our backyard. She was a very sweet girl. You both were ..um five years old, “ she paused motioning me to sit down.
“What happened mom? What happened to her?”, I asked as I took a sit across her. She took a deep breath and continued, “She was adopted by a man.”
I realized that from my dream where a man called Anna and took her away.
Tears started to form in my eyes. My heart was in complete pain. “What’s wrong with me? why cant I remember anything then?”, I asked sniffing a cry.
“Oh dear! Don’t cry! Just after some days we all had an accident. Your dad and I were present. Jake was at home with his nanny. You and your dad were sitting in the front. Somehow your dad’s mind got drifted away as we crashed into a big tree. You were playing with your seatbelt when the accident occurred. You… you flew right through the glass!”, she started to sob as she remembered the dreadful past. “We all thought you would die! You hit the tree very hard with your head… the doctors said that one part of your brain was severely damaged.  They kept you in ICU for months! We had to sell our mansion and collect all the money we could get. Your uncle, Bob helped us a lot. But at one point, your dad refused to take any more money from him. He was a big businessman though. Many months later the doctor finally called us up and told that you were recovered but .. you had partial amnesia. You forgot half of your life. You only remembered what a 2 years old toddler would remember. Me, your father and Jake. We never tried to pressure you to remember anything else. We didn’t want to lose you sweetie. So with time, the memories of Elizabeth got buried away in that chest…”
Guilt. That’s what I was feeling right now. I was very guilty for forgetting Elizabeth while she remembered me. I had to do something.

****
Anna, I mean Elizabeth was standing in front of her locked taking out some books when she saw me running towards her. Confusion was clear on her porcelain pale face. Why did she change her name? it was very confusing and hard for me to call her Elizabeth when I was used to calling her Anna.
I knew what I had to do. I ran towards her and grabbed her into a hug. It took a while for her to respond back but I in the end she did.
“I’m so sorry Elizabeth! You know I am!”, I whispered in her ears while tears stained her white shirt.
“It’s okay Jennah! Its okay!”, she cooed me and caressed my hair gently.
I finally lifted my face and told her, “Let’s go free some spirits!