Chapter - 13 - My! He's rich!

“Oh my goodness! You look absolutely gorgeous Jennah!”, mom exclaimed excitedly as I climbed down the stairs. I spent the whole day, thinking about what I should wear and finally mom gave me a gown of hers. It as a light cream coloured long silk gown with lacy neck and sleeves. The gown itself was amazing. No wonder whoever wore it would have looked gorgeous. It had some flowery patterns in the end and was backless leaving my back totally exposed.]”Stop pulling it!”, mom scolded as I tried to pull the silk material up to cover my back.
“I don’t feel right! Don’t you think it looks bad?”

“Of course not! Jennah Paterson, you look amazing and I am pretty sure you will be the most beautiful girl in that wedding. And this date of yours…”, mom paused flashing me a big grin.
“What? He is just a friend okay?”, I clarified. I felt very guilty for not telling her that Adrian was my teacher or the fact that he was my date tonight. She would probably kill me. I concentrated on fixing my hair. I was very bored of letting my hair open all the time so instead I thought of doing a French braid with little dainty stones to accessorize it.

“He is probably here”, mom said, practically peeking through the window blinds.

She seemed more excited than I was and believe me, I was pretty excited. Taking a deep breath, I went inside the kitchen to drink something. Jake and dad weren’t at home. Thankfully. Because I knew he would create a big fuss as soon as he sees Adrian with me.

“You must be Adrian. I heard a lot about you”, that was a big lie. I never said anything about him another than his name. A respectful voice replied, “Mrs. Patterson”.

“Jennah! Your dates here”, mom shouted. Even when I didn’t see her face, I knew she had a big grin on her face. She was probably happy for me after all the grief I suffered from Lucas’ betrayal.
My stilettoes clicked as it walked on the wooden floor to the door. My eyes popped open as soon as I saw what was in front of me. A Greek god. Literally. From head to toe, he looked branded and extremely hot.

His black tuxedo hugged his body on the right places showing off his broad shoulders. His hair practically glistened under the lights and was neatly combed backwards. And those eyes.

Those eyes left me dreaming. The blue sea in his usual charming eyes looked darker and intense. Then I noticed his mouth parted. His expression was between shocked and surprised. His eyes roamed from my head to toe. They were full of lust.

I blushed. Thankfully my makeup hit it well. “Wow”, his voice was not louder than a soft whisper. From the corner of my eyes, I could see mom grinning like a cat. She actually thought something might happen between him and me. I glared. Her face said “anything’s possible”. I cleared my throat which made Adrian come to sense. “We uh.. Better get going”

I nodded. A Limousine was parked right outside the house with a waiting driver.
“Its beautiful”, I said.
“Yeah.it is.”, I looked up to see him staring at me.
He opened the door , “Before, you me lady!”
I couldn’t stop giggling at his cuteness. “Thank you, me lord!”, lifting my gown to take a playful bow.

I glanced at the door before getting inside the car and saw mom looking at us. “What?”, I mouthed.
She shrugged and got back inside the house.

It took an hour to drive to the place where the wedding was supposed to take place. It was a very long one hour for me as I caught Adrian staring at me every time I turn to look at him. “We have reached sir”, the driver informed as he slowed the car.
Adrian got out and offered me a hand as I stepped out of the car. His behavior made me feel very special. A whole new sensation went through me as his warm hand touched the bare skin on my back to guide me forward. I shivered.
“Are you feeling cold?”, he asked.
“No of course not!”, there was no way I was going to tell him I was shivering form his touch not the weather. I looked up to see where I was at. It was a very nice place. We were in front of a huge mansion with bright yellow lights illuminating the gigantic garden and rounded pathway where the cars were serially parked.
“Is this..”
“My home”
“What!? Really?”, I gasped.