Katniss' Epilogue

Five years on and our little family still misses Haymitch. We miss his wisdom, we miss his laughter, and we miss his presence. Each Christmas there's an empty space, each birthday there's an empty heart. Haymitch Abernathy may be gone, but he always lives on in our hearts, and I feel him guiding us wherever we go.

And our baby. It's strange, he never met Haymitch, yet at four years old I can see his uncle in him. He isn't into art, baking or hunting- but reading. He wants to know all about the world, I can see it- the glisten in his eyes when he's in the woods, watching a deer sprint, or when he's in the bustling villages, watching people go about their day- it's all there. The interest in the world. The wisdom he'll gain as he grows up. It's all him- Haymitch. When I first gave birth to him, he was nameless, and there was a heavy feeling in my heart, aching that I didn't have our little Chloe-Violet in my arms as well. But his dark wash of hair, and perfectly azure eyes made me love him instantly. I remember, when Willow was born, the pain of naming her after Prim was too much, I couldn't bare the memories, yet somehow after three days of thinking it only seemed right. Our little boy could be called nothing other than after the man who taught us so much. Our boy who runs around the meadow with his siblings, laughing and giggling. Our Noah-Haymitch.

As expected, Oakley grew up to be just like Prim with the same love for animals. She shares Peeta's love and gentleness, as well as his sense of humour- nothing like me really. However, she has my courage, and the ability to stand up for herself- which I'm glad about. At eight years old, the memories of her Uncle are starting to fade, but I know the connections still there, the connection which won't ever disappear. She feels him around her, I know that she does- and at night, when she reads Noah a story, it isn't about knights in disguise, or human-slaying dragons, but Peter Pan and how he'd take the children off to Neverland.

Rye. Our blonde haired boy. The boy who, now at twelve, remembers the courage and advice Haymitch gave him all those years ago. Talented. Kind-hearted. Tough. Caring. Creative. Independent- he was all of those things. He takes so much pride in his art work, and still helps Peeta every Sunday baking- but never on a school night because he's 'too busy to bake', now he's started High-School. But, he always frees his Sundays to spend with his father, baking numerous concoctions. He's great with Noah, he really is. I think Rye secretly loved having a younger brother to play with, and teach him how to paint and play football. Rye still sees Charlie whenever we see Johanna, and it's like they've never been separted. Now that they're both older, they find fun in other things outside of the house- probably chatting up girls no doubt. Peeta thinks it's time for 'the talk' soon- that I can't wait to see- Rye gets embarrassed as it is whenever we mention his girlfriend, Mya.

And Willow. We miss her dearly- she finally moved out a few months ago, but it wasn't to a house nearby. It was to Distirct 4- with Finn. Twenty-One years old, and moving in with essentially, the love of her life. Her soulmate. And I could not be happier for the pair. I'm expecting the pitta-patter of tiny toddler feet sometime in the near future- but only once they're married...or at least engaged. She's taken so much from Haymitch in just sixteen years, so much so- she's writing a book about the life of him to go into Panem's national museum's giftshop- his untold story was just too important and amazing to not share. She's still the same stubborn, hot-headed character she was five years ago, but Finn's sofented her. She's finally happy.

As for Peeta and myself? No more children on the way, he tried to persuade me to have just one more- but four is plenty enough for me. And anyway, once I finally allowed myself to grieve, I couldn't go through what I did after Chloe passed again- she was too young, and too gentle- it broke me that I couldn't save her. Each day, we visit her grave, each placing one violet down on her stone- remembering our daughter, and the children remembering their sister. 

Peeta and I have never felt more complete however, life would be close to perfect if Haymitch was around, as we're now surrounded by the people we care for, and love the most. Whether they be hundreds of miles away, like Johanna and Charlie, or just down the street with Gale and Cressida- we're all finally being able to move on with our lives. Our lives which Haymitch will live in forever. Peeta, without a shadow of a doubt, is the most wonderful man in my life, I couldn't imagine life without him, he brings me out of the bad and into the good- helping me find love in everything I do- especially when it comes to him. He's helped me find myself, and in that a family, he's helped me find love, and he's helped me find our happy ever after.

WILLOW'S EPILOGUE COMING TOMORROW SO STICK AROUND GUYS!