It's Latin For Fresh

''Katniss we've got a letter.'' Peeta said as he came into the front room where I was changing Oakley.

''Oh, who's it from?'' I asked as I tickled Oakley's stomach making her squeal with laughter.

''I'm not sure it's handwritten.'' Peeta said as he opened it up. His eyes scanned down to the bottom of the page. ''It's from Johanna.''

What did she want? Normally she'd have just rung to tell us things. Peeta's eyes quickly scanned the letter. He took in a deep breath before speaking. ''Katniss. I, urm, think you should read this.'' He handed over the letter and I knew by the first sentence, it wasn't good.

Dear my two lovebirds,

You're probably thinking what has caused me to write to you, as quite simply I don't remember the last time I sent something to your address, but what I have to tell you is something I couldn't do face to face.

I'm leaving. That's right, leaving Panem. You're probably thinking where am I going? Well it seems Panem isn't the only country anymore. Over the past few years the sea levels have dropped dramatically and I've been keeping an eye on a small village down south. The train line that you heard about being extended has been. It now travels nearly everywhere, my little village being that. Myself and Charlie have found a small house, there's a great school and even a beach, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the waves yet. I know my Charl will love it though. This is something I've been keeping from you for almost a year now, I've patiently been watching this town blossom from the day some District 7 officials decided to build it up. I'm sorry for keeping it from you. Our new town is called Recens- its Latin for fresh. My fresh start.

Living alone, it's hard, I don't have anyone to coax me out of my nightmares, I can't even shower for longer than a couple of minutes. I just think this place holds too many horrible memories. But it holds great ones too. However, I have come to the decision moving will be best, and sadly that means leaving you. Leaving my family. I don't know, maybe when I go I'll have a change of heart, I've already opened it up to adopt and maybe, maybe away from all of this I can find love. Someone who makes me feel whole, like Peeta does you Katniss and Katniss does you Peeta.

I never wanted any of this, I never wanted to leave. But once again, I've let him win. And I hate myself for that. Years have past and not a day goes by where I don't remember what they did to me. The good thing is, it doesn't break me like I used to. I think I'm getting my fierceness back, because thinking of what happened now makes my blood boil with anger.

I'm not leaving yet, don't worry, I have about two months until my house is ready. Isn't it weird that Panem was the only one to survive the rising sea levels- we were always taught that everyone else simply wasn't strong enough to pull through? But look, there are so many places and opportunities to take. I even heard that what once was a place was called Germany I think, is fully operative. There're civilians living there, living their lives.

It's with deep regret I write this later, because I don't want to leave you. I just want to leave this place. Katniss you never failed to annoy me, test my patience and quite simply aggravate me. But that was before I knew you, we're exactly alike, the same fire. But you've taught me I don't always need to be hot-headed, you've taught me to love, and now everything I do is for my boy. Peeta, I can't thank you enough, without you in that place I don't know what I would've done, it was pure torture and hell, but you out of everyone fought back the strongest and look at you now. I talk as if I'm your parents. But I'm so proud of how far we've come, god I bloody hated you both at the start.

Anyway, everything is finalised, and each day I'm packing up our possessions, ready to take on the next part of our lives. And hopefully, this chapter is called Happiness.

That's all I have to say. Now when we next see each other before we leave, you'll know and I won't have to bare the pain of telling you myself. But I need this.

Yours, Johanna.

It was at the moment I collapsed into Peeta's arms sobbing. ''Peeta, she-she-she's leaving.''

''Shh, I know, I know.'' He said cradling me.

''W-w-what am I going to do?'' I cried into his chest.

''It's gonna be ok. You've got me.''

''But she's miles away, District 7 was bad enough.'' I wept. ''Peeta she's my bestfriend.''

''I'm gonna miss her too. It's alright.''

''B-but. Peeta she's leaving. Please, please tell me it's not real.''

''Katniss.'' He sighed. ''It's real.''

''You're a liar.'' I cried, pulling myself out of his arms. ''Exactly like Haymitch, you're a liar. She's not leaving. She can't.'' Peeta stood up and moved towards me.

''Mu-ma, don't cwy.'' Oakley said pulling on the hem on my dress.

''Go find Rye poppet, I think he's playing in the garden.'' Peeta said, ushering Oaks away.

''Peeta...'' I snivelled. ''Apart from you she's the only one I can talk to.''

''Well then I'll be your best friend.'' He said, as he wrapped his arms around me. ''I promise we'll see her at least once a month.'' My eyes lit up.

''Really? But it must be over a day's trip to get down there.''

''I promised didn't I?''

''You did.'' I took a deep breath. ''Willow's gonna be distraught. She can talk to her in a way she can't talk to me. Rye too. He'll miss Charlie.''

''Well Willow's got Haymitch and Rye's got Jenson. We'll be ok.''

''I miss Haymitch.'' I mumbled. ''He's always in two.''

''I know, but he's only a train ride away, as is Jo.'' Peeta comforted.

He started to pull away from the hug, but I dragged him back. ''Please stay with me.''

''Always.''

A/N Thankyou all for reading so far and all your lovely comments! It means so much:-) 2 Chapters up tonight!