I Didn't Hurt You Did I?

''MUMMY'', I hear the sound of Oakley's small feet, stomping in her crib wanting to be let out. Over the years I'd gotten used to which screams meant what, whether they were from excitement, fear, or annoyance. But nothing had prepared me for last night. The sound of Rye's cry, shooting down my spine, nothing had ever woken me up so quickly. When Peeta and I got there he was shaking and crying from a nightmare, oh how I wished he didn't have to live through those like we did. I swung my legs out of bed and put on a robe to go and let Oakley out. When I got there Willow and Rye had beaten me to it, they were all sat on the floor playing with some of Oakley's toys, Willow looked up and I gave her smile.

''Morning you lot'', I said as I went over to them.

''Mummy!'' Oakley squealed once she'd saw me, she pushed herself up and wobbly made her way over, tottering on her small toddler legs.

''You alright darling?'', I said, giving Rye a kiss on the forehead before swooping Oakley up in my arms.

''Yeah, I am now. Will talked to me earlier'', he said before getting up and leaving. ''I'm just gonna go get changed.''

''Alright Mr, see you for breakfast.'' I said as he left.

''Yeah, I should go shower'', Willow said.

''Oh, you've been out?'' I questioned.

''Yeah, this morning,''

''Shoot anything worthwhile?'' I asked, I loved having something in common with her and being able to connect with her in a way my mother and I never could.

''Not really, two geese. But I gave them to Thomas's family.'' I smiled internally at her kindness.

''Alright sweetie,'' just as she was about to leave I called her back. ''Thankyou, for Rye, I know he finds it hard. You've a good heart you know?''

''Yeah, I know. Learned from the best'', and with that she left, her copper hair trailing behind her.

''Shall we go find daddy then missy?'' I said to Oakely as I stroked through her long blonde locks.

''Yes, da-da.'' I put her on my hip and then walked through to the kitchen where there was a mouth-watering aroma filling the air. But he wasn't there. ''Where's daddy?'' Oakely asked, as she fiddled with my loose waves.

''I'm not sure actually, let's look through here shall we?'' I head into the front room, but he wasn't there either. Confused, I slipped on some shoes and went out into the garden and there he was, kneeling down by the flowerbed. I let Oakely go and she ran down the grass, jumping onto Peeta, who looked up smiling at her. As he turned around, there was a bundle of Primrose freshly planted. ''Oh Peeta'', I said running over to him and getting engulfed in his strong arms, which promised hope and safety. ''Thankyou.'' Was all I could manage to get out.

''Well, spring has sprung, so I wanted to replant them brand new before you woke up, it was meant to be a surprise.'' Every year he replanted them, and every year I felt that lump rise from the bottom of my throat, threatening for the tears to spill.

''I love them, thankyou'', I managed to choke out. Peeta held me for a while, stroking my hair, whilst I buried my head into his chest. After a short while, I felt Oakley tugging on my robe, which resulted in Peeta sandwiching her between us.

''Well, well, well'', I broke away from the hug to see Willow and Rye stood there, Willow with her hand on her hip and eyebrows raised. ''Looks like we weren't invited to this family gathering Rye.''

''Looks like it'', Peeta chuckled and sprinted over, then quickly grabbed them both swinging them over his shoulders. They tackled him to the ground, where they landed in a heap of laughter. Rye started punching his dad's chest playfully, as Peeta tried to catch and move his fists away. ''I can't believe you baked without me today dad, I would've done it!'', he said.