Daisy Chains

''Daddy where's Sunshwine?'' Oakley asked Peeta as she looked around the kitchen.

''I think she's gone hunting for some mice daring.''

''Like Wi-wo does?''

''Yes like Willow does.'' He said, smiling fondly at her.

''Daddy what happens the animals? Does Sunswhine nurse them like Grandma?''

''No sweetie.''

''Then what happens?'' She asked, blinking her blue eyes up at her dad.

''The mouse dies.''

''Oh.'' She said, a blank expression on her face. ''That's sad isn't it daddy?''

''Yes dear. Now come on eat your breakfast we're leaving soon.''

''Daddy am I coming to work with you?'' Oakley asked, tilting her head to one side and letting her golden curls flow down past her shoulder.

''No darling you're going to Auntie Cressida's.''

''Is Mu-ma coming too?''

''Yes dear.''

Oakley continued smothering yoghurt all over her face whilst the rest of us got ready. When it was time to leave, I helped her put her shoes on and we all left. The walk to school was the same as every day, through the meadow, through the forest, and into the school's playground. We said goodbye to Willow and Rye, then head of into the village. ''I'll see you later.'' I said, hugging Peeta.

''You too Katniss.'' He said, kissing me gently. ''Have a good day princess.''

''Thanks daddy.'' Oakley said as Peeta picked her up to hug her. ''Mwah.'' She said as she gave Peeta's cheek a kiss.

''Come on then missy.'' I said, holding my hand for her to take and crossing the road over the estate.

As we walked through the houses, it was quite obvious which one was Gale and Cressida's. The tall oak tree, rigged with a perfect rope swing was most definitely Gale's handy work, I guess tying all those snares really paid off. As we walked down the path Oakley hung onto my hand, swinging them excitedly. Once we reached the door I took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell.

''Hey you two, come on in.'' Cressida beamed as she opened the door wider for us. Walking through their hallway was re-living a thousand memories, mine and Gale's family in pictures, Gale and myself on his graduation day, but then mostly were the memories which I couldn't be there to share. Especially their wedding day, it looked so beautiful. Once I'd snapped out of the nostalgia, I slipped my shoes off as we walked through to the kitchen.

''Wow look at you all grown up.'' Cressida said, reaching out and picking Oakley up.

''Aunt Cwess!'' She squealed. ''I'm 4 now.'' She said, smiling proudly.

''No way! You're growing up so fast young lady, you'll be off to school before you know it.''

''Yes, daddy says I start next year, isn't that exciting?'' Oakley beamed, she looked around the room confused. ''Auntie Cwess, where Sumwer? I want to play with her.''

''She should be in the garden poppet, why don't you go find her?'' Cressida said, letting Oakley wriggle and slide out of her arms.

Oakley nodded happily before running off into the back garden squealing. ''She's such a happy toddler.'' Cressida smiled.

''I know we got lucky there.'' I joked.

''Would you like a drink?'' She asked, walking over to the fridge. ''I have some strawberry lemonade.'' She winked, knowing it was a favourite of mine.