Dont Let Me Go

Willow's POV

I made my way back through the crowd to find my mother and father. 'I'm sorry', he mouthed. Sorry for what? Leaving me? Breaking promises? Being controlled by the blonde haired 'goddess'? I hated him, I wanted nothing to with him, he broke that promise that he'd wait for me. But the truth was, I didn't hate him, the pain wasn't anger- it was sadness. I moved my way through everyone when I felt a tugging on my dress. ''Wiwo'', Oakley wailed.

''What are you doing here alone missy?'' I asked her, picking her up and resting her on my hip. She immediately grabbed my hair and started twisting it around her fingers, her sapphire blue eyes gleaming.

''I w-wost Uncle Haymitch'', she lisped.

''Trust him to lose you ey? Come on let's go dance Oaks.'' I carried her over to the dancefloor to try and distract myself away from my thoughts. I put Oakley down and she stepped up onto my feet, so hers would follow wherever mine went and started moving to the music. Watching Oakley throw her head back in high-pitched giggles whenever she slipped off made me smile, she meant the world to me and I'd always protect her and Rye. In the distance I could see my father holding my mother close in his arms, she looked up at him with a look in her eyes- love. Seeing them sway in time together would make any other teenager feel sick, but their love was different, it made you want what they had. The look my dad gives her when she walks in the room, the constant smile painted on his face, the look of relief he has when he comes out of a flashback, it's all because of her. She completed him. I think back to the first time I saw Clara with Finn, and suddenly I'm reminded of when I saw Uncle Gale, wait just Gale, not uncle, staring at my parents at I think it was Cressida's birthday years ago. I wonder if he was here today. He loved my mother and a part of him always will, I can see that now, even though he has Cressida, you never truly get over your first love, well I don't think you do- because right now, even after 3 years- I am still irrevocably, completely and utterly in love with Finn. Only he doesn't know that, I didn't myself until recently. I'm unexpectedly pulled out of my trance when I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around and saw Uncle Haymitch behind me.

''I knew you'd lose her'', I gloated, raising my eyebrows at him. He held his hands up in defeat.

''I know- but it wasn't my fault. I was with the missus and you,'' He pointed at Oakley, scrunching his face up, smiling. ''Ran away from me poppet.'' His arms stretched out and he started tickling her, in which he received a generous amount of laughter from. I stood laughing and joking with him for a while, until I lost his gaze. His eyes looked past me, behind me. ''Well, I'll take this one from you now and go see what your Rye's up to.'' Before I could say anything, he had plucked Oakley up, kissed my forehead and left. Someone's arm reached out and patted me on the shoulder, making me jump slightly.

''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you jump. You've always been easy to scare.'' He said, laughing slightly at the end.

''I told you to leave me alone Finn.'' I spat out before thinking. I started walking through the room, kicking my way through the birthday balloons and out the entrance into a corridor. I heard choruses of 'Willow where are you going' or 'are you alright wills?' But I dismissed them and carried on walking, where to? I didn't know. I walked up a few stairways and found myself in the attic of the building, it was old and entangled in cobwebs, but right at the back was a door, so I made my way over and tugged on it tightly. It squeaked open and led me onto what I couldn't describe better to be a penthouse. It was clearly unused, but the views were breath-taking. You could see the sea lapping up against the beaches, and the fisherman villages of District 4. I'd been leaning against the wall staring out to the sea, calming down, when I heard footsteps behind me. ''I'm coming back down in a minute dad, I don't want you missing the party, go back d-''. I'd turned around mid-speech and saw it wasn't my father, it was Finn. I could see him properly in the light now, there weren't any pink or blue reflections gleaming on his face. Just him. Dressed in a crisp white shirt and blue trousers, his tousled dirty blonde hair blowing gently in the breeze and his sea green eyes staring into mine. ''I-I told you to leave me'', I said. It was all I could get out, slowly the lump in my throat was rising. He walked forwards towards me.