Letting Go

''He cares for you, you do know that right?'' Aunt Annie told me, as we sat down on the sofa.

''I do. But he's just so confusing at times.''

''Trust me, I know the feeling.'' She joked.

''Mum always used to tell me stories of you and Uncle Finnick.'' I said.

At the mention of his name, Aunt Annie's head snapped towards me, she looked hopeful. ''She said how you crept up on him.'' I smirked.

''That, I did.''

''I wish I could have met him.''

''I wish you could have too darling.'' She said, smiling gently. ''But anyway. Finn.'' She said changing the subject. ''Just leave him, he'll come around.''

''I don't want him too. He's happy with Clara, god he's told me enough times.'' I sighed.

''He'd be happier with you.''

''Hasn't anybody ever told you not to medal with your son's private life?'' I teased.

''Hmmm, probably. All I'm saying is it wouldn't be a bad thing if you ended up together.'' She said standing up. ''More tea?''

''Oo yes please.'' I nodded.

Five minutes later, Annie came back through with a mug of tea, which I took I generous sip out of. ''I think you've given me yours.'' I said scrunching my face up.

''Oh dear, I completely forgot you took no sugar. It's just we were talking about Finncik and oh, sorry sweetheart I'll change it.'' She said, slightly overreacting.

''No, no. Don't go through the trouble its fine.'' I didn't want her to get worked up, as once she was she was hard to calm down.

After nearly an hour of talking, the sky was starting to gain a slight orange tint to it, I didn't want Thomas to miss the sunset, and so I decided it was time to go. ''I'm just going to see what's taking them so long.'' I said, standing up. As I walked up the stairs, I'd expected to hear their game blaring out, but instead I just heard muffled voices and then my name. Creeping up quietly I stood outside of Finn's bedroom to try and catch what they were saying. ''You're an idiot sometimes.'' I heard Thomas say. ''How can you show up to every social event going with Clara when Willow's there. You're basically just rubbing it in her face.'' He scoffed.

''It's not like that.'' Finn started to protest.

''Then what is it like Finn? Because I'd really like to know.''

''It's just, I care for Clara, a lot.''

''Even after all the rubbish she puts Willow through?''

''What do you mean?'' Finn asked, shocked. Of course she hadn't told him all the snide little comments and threats she made.

''It doesn't matter.'' Thomas said, dismissing the idea. ''Why do you do it?''

''Do what?''

''Keep on hurting her. She's been through a lot and-''

''Don't. There's nothing that she's been through where I haven't been there for her.''

''And you still treat her the way you do?''

''Tom mate-''

''Thomas.'' He muttered.

''Thomas. She knows how I feel about her.''

''Is that why you're still with Clara? Is that why nowadays she's only ever upset about you?'' He snapped.

''I haven't bloody talked to her since her parent's wedding, what do you expect me to do?'' Finn sounded distressed.