I Just Want To Be With You

Willow POV

''Mum, I'm coming, I'm coming!'' I yelled down the stairs, grabbing my bags and checking for anything I'd forgotten.

''We're gonna miss the train Willow hurry up.'' She yelled up the stairs, as I pelted down them.

''Calm down, I'm here, I'm here.'' I sighed, putting my shoes on and leaving the house.

My mother had said Uncle Haymitch had bought us all a trip to some luxurious holiday resort, which had just been opened. The pictures were breath-taking, the pure white sand, blowing gently in the slight breeze, the turquoise sea, lapping up against the shore- so beautiful and so tranquil. We were set to go this week, but then my Uncle got worse and nobody felt right leaving to enjoy ourselves hundreds of miles away. So instead, we were going somewhere else where the sea was just as beautiful, well in my eyes it was. District 4.

I slid into the car next to Rye, who was messing with some Mp3 player, with Oakley on the side next to him, awaiting our parent's arrival. When they finally came, we set off through the village in the dim morning light, just as the first mockingjays were waking up. The sunrise burned an intense orange, filling the sky with a pearly pink paint. ''Can we stop a minute please mum? I need to go give Thomas his birthday present, we'll miss it while we're in four.'' I asked.

''Hmm.'' She thought, looking at her watch. ''Be quick.'' She instructed, before her face softened and she smiled. I practically leapt out of the car, running towards Thomas's house. It was still fairly early, but knowing his mother would be up, I went around the back where I knew she'd be stood in the kitchen. I knocked on their tin door and, surprisingly, Thomas himself opened up.

''Hey.'' I smiled, stretching onto my tip toes to give him a hug. ''You know I'm going away right? Seeing as we've finished school for summer.'' He furrowed his brow in confusion, before realisation washed over his face.

''Oh yeah, that urm fancy hotel.'' Wafting his arms about.

''Not anymore, um my Uncle got worse and nobody really wants to be too far away, you know in case urm, in case-'' Thomas's arm stretched out, clasping my shoulder.

''You don't have to say Will, I know.''

''Oh well, we're going to District 4 anyway to see my Aunt, so I wanted to give you your birthday presents now.'' I said, shoving them in his arms.

''You didn't have to get me anything Willow.'' He smiled. ''But thankyou. I'll open them first thing.''

''I hope you like it.'' I said, giving him another hug. ''I kinda have to go now, or we'll be late. Bye Thomas.'' I said, giving him a small wave.

''Bye Will.'' He shouted after me, down the path.

''Right then.'' I smiled, strapping my belt. ''District four here we come.''

Most of the train journey I either slept, watched television or ate. And now, I was sat by the window, staring as the countryside whizzed past my eyes, the never-ending fields and forests distracting me from reality. I wondered all the things which must have happened in those places over the thousands of years. How many loves lost, how many heartaches.

As we were pulling into District Four, I immediately noticed the shore-line, and the sea gave me the comforting effects it always did. I felt safe here. I felt whole. There were a few paparazzi waiting at the station trying to get the best picture for their grubby magazines, but we all kept our heads down, speedily walking to the awaiting car.

As we travelled through town, my heart tightened at the thought of being so far away from my Uncle. There was a nagging feeling, biting away at the back of my mind that something terrible would happen to him while we were away, and that I'd never get the chance to say goodbye. I never talked to my mother or father about this because seeing the look in their eyes, their empty hollow irises trying to keep strong, made everything one thousand times worse.